Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:33:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Honest Father's Day cards

Started by Pingers, June 11, 2019, 09:25:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Dear Dad,

...................can I speak to Mum.

Gulftastic

Dear Dad

Thank for life and the shit middle name
Thanks for fucking off and giving me someone to blame
If the world ever turns into the Walking Dead
I'll hunt you down, shoot you in the head

mothman

"Go into the light... and stop watching me wanking."

hamfist

I launched into a rant this morning at work about how nonsensical it was that companies were mail-spamming me adverts about father's days gifts - I was saying it was stupid, why would I buy myself (a father, you mothers) a gift.

It never crossed my mind they were spamming me to buy something for *my* dad.

He died in 1981. I forget people have dads.

Didn't even enter my head. Sorry, bleak.

tookish

On second thoughts, no.

Pingers

Thinking of emailing a link to this thread to Families Need Fathers

Butchers Blind

Judging by this thread they should rebrand it 'Hunt & Kill Fathers Day'.
My condolences on all your terrible Dads.

Icehaven

Quote from: hamfist on June 11, 2019, 08:53:46 PM
I launched into a rant this morning at work about how nonsensical it was that companies were mail-spamming me adverts about father's days gifts - I was saying it was stupid, why would I buy myself (a father, you mothers) a gift.

It never crossed my mind they were spamming me to buy something for *my* dad.

He died in 1981. I forget people have dads.

Didn't even enter my head. Sorry, bleak.

Many years ago I had one of those moments when something punctures the all-encompassing solipsism of youth and makes you realise other people have non-obvious lives too. I've never known or had any contact with my Dad at all, so when people would ask me if I was getting my Dad a card or a present etc. for Father's Day I'd politely say I wasn't as I'd never known him, but inwardly would be castigating them for their casual assumption that it wasn't a potentially awkward question, that while I'm not sensitive or bothered about it a lot of people could be and get upset and so on. Anyway one day I asked someone if they were going to be doing anything with their Mum for Mother's Day, and yep, sure enough, the curt response was that their Mother was dead so no. It's shameful it took me to that moment to realise I'd probably blithely asked loads of people the same question over the years without knowing anything about their parents, and it hadn't even occurred to me that although I was acutely aware not everyone had a Dad around, it was also the case that not everyone had a Mum around either just because I did.   

Blinder Data

Dear Dad,

Thank you for receiving oral sex from my stepmother in the front room when my sister was staying over. Now her walking in on you is merely an hilarious tale and not some psychosexual trauma that would follow me around forever.

Love xx