Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:12:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

quitting your job in order to do absolutely nothing

Started by kittens, June 11, 2019, 11:44:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kittens

does anyone have any experience with this. sick of it lads. working all the time doing something i couldn't give less than a shit about for barely enough money to exist long enough to do the same boring shite for another month. fuckin point. so the plan is to quit the job and do fuck all. how can this be achieved. was thinking i would quit the job and 'go travelling', this is a thing that is generally acceptable to family isn't it. get on my bike and cycle to greece or something. become a greece man maybe. any advice warmly welcomed thanks

zomgmouse

Dex Sawash

Chollis

been thinking about this recently. don't know what I want to do but I don't know how much more of my current 9-5 i can take.

fucking MONEY though

kittens

Bazooka

Surely you have millions of subscribers on YouTube from your falling off the bike video, must be stinking rich.

kittens

i dunno like how much money do you need really. like a fiver a day for food. go work on a farm or something somewhere nice. mooch off some hippies. live in a cave and eat rocks.

BRen

Quote from: Bazooka on June 11, 2019, 11:57:17 AM
Surely you have millions of subscribers on YouTube from your falling off the bike video, must be stinking rich.
kittens, you should have capitalized on this and become a stuntman.

kittens

Quote from: Bazooka on June 11, 2019, 11:57:17 AM

that's what i am saying, i am sick to death of falling off that damn bike. i need a change

seepage

my boss quit to do nothing much other than play his little drum at Escape From Samsara but I think he said he was able to live off the dividends from his shares in the Falklands or something.

Twed

Quote from: kittens on June 11, 2019, 11:59:06 AM
i dunno like how much money do you need really. like a fiver a day for food. go work on a farm or something somewhere nice. mooch off some hippies. live in a cave and eat rocks.
I think I have found a flaw in this plan

kittens

i just discovered i put my underpants on backwards today

Egyptian Feast

I did this after being burnt out from 13-plus years at my previous job. I left the day of the Brexit vote (great omen) and had a great time lazing about for a few months until I realised my savings were running out and I hadn't done most of the things I'd intended to do with the free time. Finding a new permanent job after being out of work for a few months was a nightmare and I ended up doing a number of shit temporary jobs (including one "recruitment" role for such an evil bunch of cunts it left me depressed and disillusioned for ages) to keep the wolf from the door. It took me around 18 months to find a proper job and get my life back to normal again.

I don't regret doing it at all (and would do it again in a flash had I the cash), but I regret that I squandered the opportunity and time. I'd still recommend doing it if you feel that way, just don't be an idiot like I was/am.

sponk

Quote from: kittens on June 11, 2019, 11:56:26 AM
that's what i'm askin u, wise ass

You can get money for doing fuck all if you sign up to a paid clinical trial. You almost probably won't die and can get about £3K for  a two week trial.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: kittens on June 11, 2019, 12:03:21 PM
i just discovered i put my underpants on backwards today

Trent Reznor decideds on giving more gravitas to writing "Hurt" lyrics.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: kittens on June 11, 2019, 11:59:55 AM
that's what i am saying, i am sick to death of falling off that damn bike. i need a change

You mean you have to film a brand new take every time someone views it? Well, I can see why you're pissed off with it.

BRen

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on June 11, 2019, 12:10:13 PM
You mean you have to film a brand new take every time someone views it? Well, I can see why you're pissed off with it.
Send every take of it to You've Been Framed, should be able to retire then.

mrpupkin

Underpants? What are ya, some kind of freakin American baloney and poindexter? Or do you wear extra pants under your normal pants (which are called PANTS not UNDERPANTS)?

shiftwork2

Can you do nothing in your current job instead?  I once did very little up to and including excusing myself to go to the cinema one afternoon before returning to say goodbye and go home.  Could be the answer?

kittens

well, yes, i do nothing at work and am paid for it, but i would prefer to be able to do nothing on my own time.

BRen

Quote from: shiftwork2 on June 11, 2019, 01:55:28 PM
Can you do nothing in your current job instead?  I once did very little up to and including excusing myself to go to the cinema one afternoon before returning to say goodbye and go home.  Could be the answer?
That's brilliant, thought I had it quite good, doing the bare minimum. What film did you watch?

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: shiftwork2 on June 11, 2019, 01:55:28 PM

That's impressive shirking.

I quite liked a 'working from home' skive. I ripped my cd collection that way.

shiftwork2

Quote from: BRen on June 11, 2019, 02:11:50 PM
That's brilliant, thought I had it quite good, doing the bare minimum. What film did you watch?

It was Eastern Promises.  I left (the job) through utter boredom and now have too much work to do like there's karma at work or something.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: sponk on June 11, 2019, 12:04:53 PM
You can get money for doing fuck all if you sign up to a paid clinical trial. You almost probably won't die and can get about £3K for  a two week trial.

Yes but you have to not be riddled with all sorts of other shit in other to qualify and I'm sure kittens' body is probably completely fucked already. You also have to not be a total knobhead wastrel, that's the first thing they ask you: "are you a knobhead wastrel?" so most people are asked to leave right at the first hurdle. Good system if you ask me. Although don't actually ask me

Buelligan

Have you thought about becoming a criminal kittens?  I believe it can be very well paid and you, more or less, work your own hours.  Something like that would enable you to save towards running away fully. 

You might have to run away fully anyway, all part of the job, but at least you'd be doing what you wanted at that point and you'd have some clams banked, probably not actually banked, for the journey.  Not saying you should, not saying you shouldn't.  Just leaving it there.

Gerald Fjord

play the lottery like the rest of us hopeless idiots. if you win i get half cos it was my idea.

kittens

so it's either be vivosected, be a murderer, already be rich, or donate my life to a multinational organisation. i just wanna piss about and ride my bike to greece and be a greece man. can i do that

Buelligan

Not really.  Unless you have an army and are prepared to use it.

Soz for the disappoint.