Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:57:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

quitting your job in order to do absolutely nothing

Started by kittens, June 11, 2019, 11:44:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kittens

Quote from: Gerald Fjord on June 11, 2019, 02:54:26 PM
play the lottery like the rest of us hopeless idiots. if you win i get half cos it was my idea.

i pretty much never win the lottery. i played like 5 times earlier this year and i don't think i even won the lottery once.

Cuellar

Start a 'MAGA BUILD THE WALL' gofundme and take those suckers for everything they've got.

Buelligan

Quote from: kittens on June 11, 2019, 03:08:06 PM
i pretty much never win the lottery. i played like 5 times earlier this year and i don't think i even won the lottery once.

Yeah.  I did it once.  Never checked the numbers, don't need that kind of downer in my life, thank you very much.

Still kept the ticket, mind.

It's my ticket outta here.

dr_christian_troy

Chaturbate, but go against the grain by reaching out to the really niche fetishists. Balloons and shoes and stuff.

Quote from: dr_christian_troy on June 11, 2019, 03:12:11 PM
Chaturbate, but go against the grain by reaching out to the really niche fetishists. Balloons and shoes and stuff.

Coulrophilia?

Danger Man

Quote from: BRen on June 11, 2019, 02:11:50 PM
That's brilliant, thought I had it quite good, doing the bare minimum. What film did you watch?

Gerald Fjord

Quote from: shiftwork2 on June 11, 2019, 02:18:00 PM
It was Eastern Promises.  I left (the job) through utter boredom and now have too much work to do like there's karma at work or something.

dr_christian_troy

Quote from: Better Midlands on June 11, 2019, 03:15:05 PM
Coulrophilia?

Many years ago, I went to a Halloween party at a friend's house. It was standard fancy dress and I went dressed as Dr Rick Dagless (I was young and wreckless).

Anyways, there were a ridiculous number of balloons around the house. More than necessary.

The friend's housemate had provided the decorations. At the end of the evening, when the last few guests were still there (including me), the housemate started to enthusiastically clear up the balloons in several bin bags, unpopped.

I didn't think much of it at the time, only to be informed the next day that the housemate and his girlfriend could be heard fucking all night and every time you heard a balloon or two burst in their bedroom, you would then hear the sound of one of them making a big old cum noise.

So there's that.

hummingofevil

Quote from: kittens on June 11, 2019, 11:44:25 AM
does anyone have any experience with this. sick of it lads. working all the time doing something i couldn't give less than a shit about for barely enough money to exist long enough to do the same boring shite for another month. fuckin point. so the plan is to quit the job and do fuck all. how can this be achieved. was thinking i would quit the job and 'go travelling', this is a thing that is generally acceptable to family isn't it. get on my bike and cycle to greece or something. become a greece man maybe. any advice warmly welcomed thanks

I have done this. I saved up enough money to pay bills for 8 months and just quit job. I'm having to start looking now but will probably be 12 months off at the end. Home Bargains is my second home. I have lost 2 stone and generally feel good. Drinking too much though as you don't really have a reason to go to bed which is stopping today.

Alternatively, my sister loves Kerala or Goa or one of them. She reckons you could live for almost fuck all out there for ages.

If I have to justify my existence to anyone I am learning languages (I am) and it's something I have always wanted to do.

bgmnts

Quote from: hummingofevil on June 11, 2019, 05:42:16 PM
I have done this. I saved up enough money to pay bills for 8 months and just quit job. I'm having to start looking now but will probably be 12 months off at the end. Home Bargains is my second home. I have lost 2 stone and generally feel good. Drinking too much though as you don't really have a reason to go to bed which is stopping today.

Alternatively, my sister loves Kerala or Goa or one of them. She reckons you could live for almost fuck all out there for ages.

If I have to justify my existence to anyone I am learning languages (I am) and it's something I have always wanted to do.

What do you put on your CV? Recruitment companies go mad for not having 'gaps in your cv' and all that bollocks.

kittens

don't worry about your cv.  can't live your life to make a nice cv.

i don't and never will have any savings, so i can't live off that. just cycle to paris and fight tramps for cash. once a tramp in paris tried to throw me in the river because i wouldn't give him a beer. i'd like to go and fight him. although my bike broke on the cycle home from work today and fuck walking to fucking paris man. lottery it is i guess

Endicott

Cat burgler. Obvious really. Buelligan was onto something.

sponk

Quote from: kittens on June 11, 2019, 06:10:37 PM

i don't and never will have any savings, so i can't live off that. just cycle to paris and fight tramps for cash. once a tramp in paris tried to throw me in the river because i wouldn't give him a beer. i'd like to go and fight him. although my bike broke on the cycle home from work today and fuck walking to fucking paris man. lottery it is i guess

That would have drove me crazy if it happened to me. I would have ended up in Seine.

hummingofevil

Quote from: bgmnts on June 11, 2019, 05:48:06 PM
What do you put on your CV? Recruitment companies go mad for not having 'gaps in your cv' and all that bollocks.

Couldn't give two fucks what they think. What recruitment companies want is people to go out to work for them so they get easy money doing next to fuck all. Most agencies are falling over themselves for qualified people so telling them you had a year off usually gets a positive "That sounds nice" in my experience.

bgmnts

Quote from: hummingofevil on June 11, 2019, 06:37:56 PM
Couldn't give two fucks what they think. What recruitment companies want is people to go out to work for them so they get easy money doing next to fuck all. Most agencies are falling over themselves for qualified people so telling them you had a year off usually gets a positive "That sounds nice" in my experience.

Bar two jobs I have always had to go through cunty recruitment companies and they ALWAYS harped on to me about changing my CV to massage the gaps in them where I wasn't working.

But then, I'm not qualified so maybe that's the difference.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: hummingofevil on June 11, 2019, 06:37:56 PM

You can just lie, too. Make up a job, say the company went under, and get a friend to provide you with a reference.

hummingofevil

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on June 11, 2019, 06:48:25 PM
You can just lie, too. Make up a job, say the company went under, and get a friend to provide you with a reference.

I will tell them I have been learning Welsh (I have) and Japanese (a bit). If they ask just make it up - be pretty unlucky to have an interview panel with people who speak both.

sponk

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on June 11, 2019, 06:48:25 PM

Do what you must to get the job, but be aware that they can use this against you down the line. If they're looking to make redundancies and find out you liked they can easily dismiss you without pay.

greenman

Quote from: kittens on June 11, 2019, 06:10:37 PM

Join the eggheads?

At the risk of taking this seriously maybe some kind of self employed career? I went with art photography a few years ago which was a hobby previously and something that can make some money without being massively successful.

Has had the disadvantage that I'm not sure I'm good for anything else now, really cannot imagine being ordered around by some cunt manager and counting the clock down each day anymore.

touchingcloth

pancreas

Didn't you hear him, cloth? He says he's got nothing. Nothing.

Well ... nothing except his body, that is.

Tell us about your body, kittens. What could you we get for it?

Chollis

Have you considered renting out your arsehole?

Buelligan

He is his own unfortunately, so he'd be doing two jobs for the price of one then, hardly a step up.

Quote from: sponk on June 11, 2019, 07:00:18 PM
Do what you must to get the job, but be aware that they can use this against you down the line. If they're looking to make redundancies and find out you liked they can easily dismiss you without pay.

I'm not sure that's correct is it?

Zetetic

Wasn't kittens' job broadly doing absolutely nothing, anyway?

They won't need or want him in Greece.

Buelligan

If there's no work there, surely he's the ideal person for the job?

seepage

he could be a sponge fisherman, or a Sainsbury's frozen lasagne.

kittens

Quote from: Zetetic on June 11, 2019, 07:36:32 PM
Wasn't kittens' job broadly doing absolutely nothing, anyway?

They won't need or want him in Greece.

yes, i mostly sit alone all day playing stardew valley on my phone. maybe i'm longing for a life on the farm.

holyzombiejesus

Become a wandering minstrel. I think that would suit you. Rock up at an inn, strum a tune or two for the landlord in return for a heel of bread and some cheese, a mug of ale and a bed for the night. Maybe catch the eye of the occasional wench and sire a few sprogs on your travels, you filthy bastard.

mothman