Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:09:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Avoiding Another Thread About Sadness

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, June 11, 2019, 12:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Putting up another thread about constantly feeling sad and wanting to burst into tears more or less all the time would probably not be a good idea, right? After all, it's not like someone's going to post a post detailing the perfect cure-all for such a state. Best to avoid putting up such a thread.

What other thread topics are best avoided?

Dex Sawash

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Dex Sawash

I guess that wasn't so bad an idea then

Dex Sawash

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

PlanktonSideburns

bgmnts

Why is everyone sad here? I am in the right place here ain't I?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: bgmnts on June 11, 2019, 12:28:01 PM
Well, you're a sad git, so yes!!!
(And if you're not sad you should be. Absolute state of yer.)

Twed

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on June 11, 2019, 12:02:11 PM
Putting up another thread about constantly feeling sad and wanting to burst into tears more or less all the time would probably not be a good idea, right? After all, it's not like someone's going to post a post detailing the perfect cure-all for such a state. Best to avoid putting up such a thread.
No, best talk to us. Even people who criticise you a lot are likely to want to be friendly and help you. Please share.

Buelligan

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on June 11, 2019, 12:02:11 PM

Where are you thinking of "putting it up"?  Taking George Mallory's ideas on Everest and applying them, say, to ones arsehole (or any other tempting orifice) is probably not always a winning strategy. 

But I'm teasing a bit, we all feel discouraged at times and life, like climbing mountains is a mystery to understand, what is point?  Greg Childs said Somewhere between the bottom of the climb and the summit is the answer to the mystery why we climb

We're not at at the top yet Lisa, we have to keep going, don't look down, never give up.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Typical Hippy-Dippy Bollocks from Mrs. Away-With-The-Fairies, there. Cuh. I ask you.

PlanktonSideburns

I'm keeping my head up by printing obscene / gnomic things of the work label printer and hiding them around

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Actually, I'm going to amend that list
1) Dex So-Called Sawash
2) Buelligan Hippy-Dippy JoniMichell Hello- Trees Hello-Flowers Isn-t-The-Sky-A-Particularly-Lovely-Shade-Of-Blue-Today-Groovycavedweller The Third
3) May as well stick Danger Man here, he'll be too pissed to notice anyway

Norton Canes

Barry Admin

Quote from: bgmnts on June 11, 2019, 12:28:01 PM

We're not, we're not all baldies either.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

4) Norton "You Can Shove Your Twix Up Your Arse"  Canes

PlanktonSideburns

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Buelligan

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on June 11, 2019, 12:42:29 PM
I'm keeping my head up by printing obscene / gnomic things of the work label printer and hiding them around

This lad has the right attitude.  Keep it up!

bgmnts

Quote from: Barry Admin on June 11, 2019, 12:47:24 PM

Is there anyone on here not suffering with:

i) Depression
ii) Phimosis
iii) Baldness

?

madhair60

Quote from: Barry Admin on June 11, 2019, 12:47:24 PM

Everyone on CaB is bald at heart.

Heartbald

Noonling

Hairy head, balding heart, this I'm made of

Lord Mandrake

Quote from: bgmnts on June 11, 2019, 01:34:37 PM
Is there anyone on here not suffering with:

i) Depression
ii) Phimosis
iii) Baldness

?

Me, although I suffer from delusions about my cock, hair and general mental state.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I've got a perfectly lovely head of hair ; but, no matter how often I get it cut, it still ends up growing into this fucking annoying Ralph Bates in 'Dear John'/Purdey from 'The New Avengers' style. Fucking Hell, there are times I wish I *was* a slaphead, like most of the fuckers on 'ere.