Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,187
  • Total Topics: 106,349
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:43:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Avoiding Another Thread About Sadness

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, June 11, 2019, 12:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on June 11, 2019, 02:58:53 PM
I've got a perfectly lovely head of hair ; but, no matter how often I get it cut, it still ends up growing into this fucking annoying Ralph Bates in 'Dear John'/Purdey from 'The New Avengers' style. Fucking Hell, there are times I wish I *was* a slaphead, like most of the fuckers on 'ere.

As has already been mentioned, you are an inner slaphead, Lisa.  We all are.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I'm eating a banana, and trying hard not to cry.

ETA: Inserted the adjective "hard" into the above sentence, so that it can be sung to the first line of the popular Johnny Burke and Jimmy Van Heusen song "Busy Doing Nothing."

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Don't have dark thoughts Lisa. Smile.

bgmnts

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on June 11, 2019, 04:51:11 PM
I'm eating a banana, and trying hard not to cry.

ETA: Inserted the adjective "hard" into the above sentence, so that it can be sung to the first line of the popular Johnny Burke and Jimmy Van Heusen song "Busy Doing Nothing."

Just imagine the banana is Jodie Comer's cock.

steve98

Who's she? She's gorge (Not that fuckin' Scouse bint again is it?)

Edit. "Comer".

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: steve98 on June 11, 2019, 05:00:18 PM
Who's she? She's gorge (Not that fuckin' Scouse bint again is it?)

Edit. "Comer".

Yes, it *is* that "fuckin' scouse bint" you fucking insensitive gobshite. You were one of the people who went on the Comerthread specifically to diss it, you can just about get stuffed, so you can.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: bgmnts on June 11, 2019, 04:59:00 PM

This made me laugh, but that's hardly the point.

Buelligan

Quote from: bgmnts on June 11, 2019, 04:59:00 PM

I was just going to suggest that myself.  Move the banana gently in and out of your mouth whilst saying AHHHHHH love you Jodes and see if you don't laugh.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

The banana was presented to me by a Chinese colleague who is leaving today , but specifically didn't tell me until today that she was leaving, 'cos she knew I'd get all upset , and that. Just about put the tin lid on things , that did.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Just suck on the banana for fuck's sake.

Buelligan

I think he should toy with it, with his extended tongue, whilst winking at the Chinese colleague.  That'll make someone smile.  Even if it's just an employment law lawyer, everyone's gotta eat.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I'll suck the banana if you all promise to put a mental image in your noggins of me doing so.

Buelligan

I already have.  It's already there going round and round.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

steve98

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on June 11, 2019, 05:04:53 PM
Yes, it *is* that "fuckin' scouse bint" you fucking insensitive gobshite. You were one of the people who went on the Comerthread specifically to diss it, you can just about get stuffed, so you can.

Well, I take it back, she isn't a bint at all, she's gorge. I may even start pervin' and leerin' over her myself; I'm old enough and sad enough to make a right dick of myself; give you a run for your money Lisa.

Buelligan

Yeah, Lisa's weird. 

No one else here ever pervs or goes on and fucking on about their shits or their winkles.  It's a classy fucking joint and our minds are on higher things. 

All of our minds, except Lisa who deserves to be bullied for harshing our lovely fucking mellow.

chveik

seriously though, it's better that you make threads about your own sadness Lisa, than about unattainable female figures. there's still a little hope for you after all (and for all of us I suppose). (this may sounds sarcastic but it's not my intent)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApCTKt0-Fz4

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

mothman

I'm often sad. And I mean really sad. But I've never really been tempted to start any threads about it (that I can recall) because, well, what would be the point? It would just be attention-seeking and wouldn't solve my problems. Not that some of you wouldn't try to solve them, and I thank you for that.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I admire mothman 's restraint, but today I was feeling the ol' sadness to the point of panic attack breathing into a paper bag levels. The time when you feel such sadness with ephemeral tragi- comedy aspects that you think Mike Leigh from roughly the period of 1978- 1982 might be secretly filming you, without the benefit of being able to interact with Alison Steadman from that era. So I just had a bit of a Mini- ventspleen. It has produced one or two nice posts, and a lovely gif of Her Who Plays Villanelle ( without the trauma of seeing Mark E. Smith smashing through her ), so I'm not that regretful about it, tbh.

mothman

I'm not knocking it, LJ&MC, if it truly helps you in a moment of extremis, then go for it. Me, I'm too self-conscious, don't want to make a fuss.

bgmnts

I like to post silly threads about something tragic in my life on here mostly because it will likely create some incredibly hilarious posts.

And the laughter this place generates helps me get over it.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Fair Play, to you , Mothy. Genuinely chuckled apprecitively at bgmtnts' 'Jodie Comer's cock " comment, too.

canadagoose

I dunno, I reckon you can go ahead with it, although I don't run the place so take that with a pinch of salt. Sorry to hear you're feeling down anyway, LJMC. I'm not sure what to say that would help, but maybe some others in this thread will. More therapeutic GIFs maybe?

edit: "it" being the post, not anything more sinister. Just realised how that might read.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

You're being very understanding, considering I meant to leave this forum with my very last post naming you as me favourite poster, and leaving you to reap the benefits ( which would have been many ) thereof, Goosey. Cheers.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

A gif of Her Who Plays Villanelle pulling  a " What The Fuck Have You Done To My Flat, Missus? " expression to Her Who Woodenly And Annoyingly Plays Eve in the finale scene of " Eve And The Killing Thereof " wouldn't go amiss, btw. No pressure, though.

Danger Man

Quote from: canadagoose on June 11, 2019, 08:55:01 PM
I'm not sure what to say that would help, but maybe some others in this thread will.

I'll give it my best shot.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Anyway, while I'm here, I urge the lovely canadagoose to go to mine Facebook page, and observe mine current Facebook Profile picture in which I am engrossed in a conversation with my massive Ileena Douglas lookalike friend. I'm sure she'll like it.

canadagoose

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on June 12, 2019, 12:08:45 AM
Anyway, while I'm here, I urge the lovely canadagoose to go to mine Facebook page, and observe mine current Facebook Profile picture in which I am engrossed in a conversation with my massive Ileena Douglas lookalike friend. I'm sure she'll like it.
I had to look up who that actress was (sorry), but I certainly see the resemblance!

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on June 11, 2019, 09:04:54 PM
A gif of Her Who Plays Villanelle pulling  a " What The Fuck Have You Done To My Flat, Missus? " expression to Her Who Woodenly And Annoyingly Plays Eve in the finale scene of " Eve And The Killing Thereof " wouldn't go amiss, btw. No pressure, though.

Couldn't find that one. Have some of this instead: