Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:44:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

"Britain? Is that in Japan or Mos-Cow?" (or: When Geography Goes Wrong)

Started by imitationleather, March 15, 2005, 12:05:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freddie Ljungberg

Dubai is an Emirate. Part of the United Arab Emirates, which also includes; Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ras Al Khaimah, Al Ain and Fujeirah.

Guess where my sunburn came from last week?!

BetaKarraTene

I was with a group of tourists on a guide of the Canadian Parliament. The guide asked if any of us had travelled from other countries to get here. So there's the usual replies of USA, UK, France and so on. Then at the end a five year old boy  pipes up:

"I'm from Canada!"

Don't you just love stereotypes?

I think the mis-information works both ways. I know people who said they don't want to go to the US because everywhere is full of either gangstas who go around busting a cap into everything that moves or are fundamentalist Christians when in fact the ratio of normal:wackos is exactly the same as here or anywhere else. No doubt there's a UK tourist in the US asking someone in Miami how to get to Disneyworld without having to go through the Bronx...

There was an episode of Pinky And The Brain where The Brian made up a country and got to meet the President because no-one wanted to look stupid and pretend that they'd never heard of his country, so they just let him through all the checks.

Utter Shit

Quote from: "Freddie Ljungberg"Dubai is an Emirate. Part of the United Arab Emirates, which also includes; Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ras Al Khaimah, Al Ain and Fujeirah.

I thought Dubai was the capital of Egypt or something. Christ I'm idiotic at times.

annalisa

Back in year 9, a girl in my form thought that Torquay was in the Canary Islands. She seemed to think her ignorance was cute...

Mind you, I couldn't tell you where Staffordshire was and I've lived in the UK all my life

Timmay

I shaln't tell you what I read your name as, at first glance. Suffice to say, we've had all sorts of Lisa's around here, but not that one.

annalisa

Quote from: "Timmay"I shaln't tell you what I read your name as, at first glance. Suffice to say, we've had all sorts of Lisa's around here, but not that one.

I have a good friend who does in fact often refer to me as 'Analizer'

God bless my thoughtful, thoughtful parents

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "Jim"I come from Yeovil, a town that everyone in the whole world seems to know, either because of the footy team...or because of the simple fact it lies in Somerset...
or as hometown of P. J. Harvey, shurely?

Ambient Sheep

Could be worse.  I used to know (and this is no lie), a Jenna Taylor.

My ex-ex-girlfriend went to school with a genuine Annette Curtin as well.  Some parents should be shot.

Baxter

I went to school with a bocock and a growcock poor bastards, still it's their fault for telling us their names.

I used to be confused over the location of everest i allways thought that everest i allways thought it was the mountain at the north pole.

George

Quote from: "Utter Shit"
Quote from: "Freddie Ljungberg"Dubai is an Emirate. Part of the United Arab Emirates, which also includes; Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ras Al Khaimah, Al Ain and Fujeirah.

I thought Dubai was the capital of Egypt or something. Christ I'm idiotic at times.

Dubai is the land of men who wear a higher hemline.

Pseudopath

Quote from: "Baxter"I went to school with a bocock and a growcock poor bastards, still it's their fault for telling us their names.

I went to school with three Chinese brothers named Wai Lo, Hung Lo and How Lo. Oh, the fun we had...

Hung Low?
How Low?!
Way Low!

Ahhh...memories.

qki

Quote from: "zozman"On the last cool links thread there were a couple of quizzes where you had to idetify all the counties, and one where you had to place the cities.  Can anyone be arsed to wade through it?  I know I can't.

I haven't read it, but I suspect you are referring to County Count-Up and City Clicker.

You might also like this one, although it's in German.