Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:20:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Paranoia paranoia

Started by Jockice, June 11, 2019, 11:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jockice

Right, I left the newspaper where I spent most of my working life eight years ago. I'm still in touch to varying degrees with a few former colleagues, one of whom retired last week.

I wished him all the best on Facebook and that was that. Then yesterday I bumped into another ex-colleague who asked if I was going to ***'s leaving do. What leaving do? I haven't even been invited.

So I've spent a large proportion of today sulking, thinking why hasn't the twat invited me. We weren't big mates or anything but we worked in the same place for years. And why has nobody else told me about it? Am I that disliked? I've even been tempted to send a message to him or my other ex-workmates saying thanks you bastards.

This is despite the fact that the ex-colleague I bumped into told me that the do was taking place on an evening I already have something else planned so am extremely unlikely to make it anyway. But it's the thought that counts.

Now I've just checked ***'s Facebook feed and it turns out he did mention it in his post about leaving but I'd somehow missed it due to getting bored of reading all the messages wishing him a happy retirement. He hadn't kept it secret from me and he hadn't told all our mutual friends to keep it secret either. I just hadn't seen it.

Oh dear. Anyone got any other tales of unwarranted paranoia to cheer me up?

Johnny Yesno

Hey, at least you didn't do anything daft before you spotted your error. No harm done.

Yes, I have fallen prey to exactly the same kind of thinking. Not sure I want to share examples right now: by their very nature, they're so lame. More wincing is the last thing I need.

BlodwynPig

Wondered why you guys hadn't made the BIG CaB ANNIVERSARY BASH IN NEW YORK PAID FOR IN FULL BY NEIL

chveik

I'm still searching for the secret subforum full of hummus.

GMTV

Maybe he slipped the invite in secretively  using his high quality journaliatic writing style.

The system knows you know too much and didn't want you to attend.

Icehaven

I work in a clink and when we're occasionally searched on the way in everyone always feels as if they somehow now magically have a bag full of drugs and mobile phones despite having nothing of the kind. I've actually convinced myself my diary is my phone several times despite it being half the size, or that someone on the bus has accidentally dropped a load of weed in my pockets or something. The queue is always just full of nervous laughter, talking too loud, over joviality, it's ridiculous. How anyone has the cojones to stroll in here with actual contraband is beyond me.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Are all these posts some kind of reference to me not being married ?