Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:02:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Penny whistle

Started by Twed, June 12, 2019, 03:58:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twed

Anybody else play?

Honestly the celtic stuff can get a bit boring, I'm into fucked-up renditions of sax solos, jazz and kwela music.

It's an interesting instrument. Easy to pick up, difficult to play pleasantly, pain in the arse to practice if you don't live in a detached house.

Twed

(The intro to Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle might be your best-known kwela song if you aren't familiar with the genre)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKz5kpqctV0

olliebean

Several of the families who have rented the house next door over the years seem to have had kids that regularly blew it. Note I say "blew" rather than "played." I don't think it has ever occurred to any of them to experiment with putting their fingers over any of the holes.

I presume the instrument must come with the house.

Twed

Usually it's a recorder that's to blame for that.

I'm a big fan of shambolic, cheap instruments that sound shit unless you master them.

olliebean

It probably is a recorder. It's hard to tell through the wall. But I posted it in a thread about tin whistles because I'm an opportunistic bastard.