Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:33:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

CaB Radio: The Grim Word Variations

Started by dr_christian_troy, June 12, 2019, 12:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dr_christian_troy

Hi all,

I was debating about playing a few of my recent mixes (The Grim Word Variations) on CaB Radio for one night only very soon. Would this be of interest?

I have a stream I can link to, and although am currently unable to speak live due to my set-up I can certainly provide some pre-recorded chat in between.

It's been a long while, so thought it would be nice to check in.

If there's interest and an evening where folks will be around, I'll be happy to get the ball rolling. Maybe I'll record something especially too if I can.

Thanks!

Mr_Simnock

Glad to see you back, to be honest I've missed you around these creative parts. I would be very happy to hear this. Just so it dosnt clash with (spam) projects going on, Tuesday and Friday nights is when (spam) happens, but I'm sure we can rearrange things if you wanted to do it in one of those slots.

dr_christian_troy

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on June 12, 2019, 12:50:04 PM
Glad to see you back, to be honest I've missed you around these creative parts. I would be very happy to hear this. Just so it dosnt clash with (spam) projects going on, Tuesday and Friday nights is when (spam) happens, but I'm sure we can rearrange things if you wanted to do it in one of those slots.

Thank you sir, it's nice to be back!

For CaB Radio, I was thinking either a Thursday or in a weekend ideally. I remember us having a conversation about (spam) previously - I'll be happy to put forward a curated playlist for a future evening if that's something you'd be up for?

For sure, the best length is a playlist of around 6 hours. The usal format is we end with a film, but you can fill it full of classic tv if you wish. You christmas youtube watchalong was a big inspiration for getting (spam) off the ground.

dr_christian_troy

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on June 12, 2019, 12:59:00 PM
For sure, the best length is a playlist of around 6 hours. The usal format is we end with a film, but you can fill it full of classic tv if you wish. You christmas youtube watchalong was a big inspiration for getting (spam) off the ground.

Perfect! I'll keep you posted, thanks!

dr_christian_troy

Thanks for the interest folks, much appreciated! Has there been much CaB Radio activity in recent times?

In terms of Cab Radio, not much. kittens did a one off cast for the elections a couple of weeks back and Mr_Simmnock said he was intresed in doing a show at some point. Most of the intrest in community projects like this has switched to (spam), with Phil taking on a semi regular show and madhair expressing an intrest in having a go. I did do a proof of concept show last week trying to merge the Cab Radio style into a visual medium. Which is avalible for the next 3 days here https://wetransfer.com/downloads/43ca307856f2b4ee77e5eefec4f5cb0120190608194029/4b3fdc4c25e277726602af2c0efeabe220190608194030/1b95a2

Though the Cab radio (potential) audience hasn't nesseraily switched over to (spam), with some being busy on those nights, or those that don't like the format, or those that don't take part because the feel either their computer isn't up to snuff or their internet connection isn't fast enough. So Cab Radio reamins unqiue in some peoples hearts.