Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:43:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong 2019

Started by Dex Sawash, June 12, 2019, 01:01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dex Sawash

Get your thumbs out you perverts and misanthropes

alan nagsworth

BlodwynPig

Ian Drunken Smurf

Crabwalk

Not this year, I'm afraid. The dirty crown is up for grabs.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Remind me of the rules of play.

Crabwalk

As of last year at least:

Quote1. Each match will consist of two shots per player, except the final in which there are three shots per player.
2. The player with the opening shot (i.e. the server) can put what they want in their picture.  But all subsequent pictures (i.e the return) must contain, either visually or conceptually, an element of the previous picture.
3. The pictures will be 800 x 600, or 600 x 800 pixels in size.
4. Voting will take place by posting the name of your favourite in the game thread immediately after play has ended (i.e. when the 4th picture of each match has been posted).  The voting will last for 48 hours.
5. Common sense prevails in image choice.
6. Pictures can be uploaded to places like photobucket.com imgur for those who have no webspace, but the picture must be displayed in the game thread.

And a reminder of time permitted:  You have 72 hours to post an image from when the round starts or from when the last shot has been posted. Keep a look out on your game for when your opponent posts their shot, as it's from that time that the 72 hours start.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

In that case, I will attempt to play.

kittens

BlodwynPig

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: Crabwalk on June 13, 2019, 10:51:46 AM
Not this year, I'm afraid. The dirty crown is up for grabs.

I will take Crabwalk's failure to enter this year as admission that I was in fact the true winner of WimbleWrong 2018.

zomgmouse

hummingofevil

Can I be in if I don't have Photoshop? I stopped my direct debit when they tried to charge me £150 to get out of a yearly contract I didn't realised I signed up to and am scared to log in now. Can I do it through collague or mosaic or interpretive dance or something? If so I am in.

alan nagsworth

Gimp is still a good free alternative to photoshop isn't it? But yeah there's no rules against what software you use as long as it's in image format.

Dr Trouser

i'm in, and very much hard at the thought

BlodwynPig

Hummingofevil for his last shot

Cerys

Spoon of Ploff

Alrighty... I'm going to be running Wimblewrong this year. Rest assured I will show no bias against any competitors I may have had run ins with in the past. It will all be fair and above board.

If no one objects I'll put out the official call to arms thread in GBS this Thursday.

Many thanks,
Your new WimbleWrong Administrator: Spoon Of Ploff

kittens

this year's official wimblewrong tournament will be run by me, kittens.  i do not recognise any other body that professes to be running the competition.

Spoon of Ploff

Can't argue with that. Take it away kittens old chum.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

I, for one, welcome our new Wimblewrong overlord.

alan nagsworth

I'm fuckin stoked that you're playing, Al, you weird bastard

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Quote from: alan nagsworth on June 25, 2019, 03:10:35 PM
I'm fuckin stoked that you're playing, Al, you weird bastard

Thanks mate, it means a lot being called a a weird bastard by you.

madhair60

kittens

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on June 25, 2019, 08:15:12 AM
Can't argue with that. Take it away kittens old chum.

oh christ no sorry i didn't mean it

Ferris

When will this be? I'm travelling without access to a pc and will be annihilated if I'm just using the crappy image editor on my iPad. I'll be annihilated anyway, but I'd like it to be a (quasi) fair fight.

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on June 26, 2019, 03:48:32 AM
When will this be? I'm travelling without access to a pc and will be annihilated if I'm just using the crappy image editor on my iPad. I'll be annihilated anyway, but I'd like it to be a (quasi) fair fight.

I'll take this one Mr kittens if I may...

If the WimbleWrong post goes up in General BS tomorrow. We'll be looking to kick off round 1 a week later.. say 4th July. I don't think that date has any significance for anyone does it?

Dr Trouser

Ah tits - i'm unavailable until the 14th July so looks like i;m out

Spoon of Ploff

well. we could delay the start if folk are fine with holding off until mid July..

Any objections anyone?

Ferris

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on June 26, 2019, 07:55:57 AM
I'll take this one Mr kittens if I may...

If the WimbleWrong post goes up in General BS tomorrow. We'll be looking to kick off round 1 a week later.. say 4th July. I don't think that date has any significance for anyone does it?

Oh right, I'm not back until the end of August so I will have to respectfully bow out this time.