Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:06:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong 2019

Started by Dex Sawash, June 12, 2019, 01:01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

some people really do take the piss eh

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

You're on the hit list.

Spoon of Ploff

The first round is over, somehow.

Thanks everyone for playing, and to those to didn't make it to the next round never mind. There are no real losers in WimbleWrong.

The next round draw will be posted tomorrow. The names in the hat will be:

QuoteAl Tha Funkee Homosapien
Lordofthefiles
Pearly-Dewdrops Drops
hamfist
Absorb the anus burn
Frazer
zomgmouse
PlanktonSideburns

Lordofthefiles replaces hedgehog90, who won his match but has pulled out early.

zomgmouse

Just a thought but would it perhaps be worth a shot to replace the "highest-scoring loser" rule with a "smallest margin loser" type situation instead? I feel like sometimes voting quantities can oscillate which might make it unfair to future scoring, but if there's a closer match then that seems more likely to indicate preference etc. Dunno if that makes sense but thought I'd voice it anyway.

alan nagsworth

^ I agree. My match was very close and I should be brought back in so that I can go away to Supersonic for the weekend and keep you all waiting until Tuesday afternoon for my shot. Come on, give the people what I want!

BlodwynPig

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: zomgmouse on July 18, 2019, 02:29:56 AM
Just a thought but would it perhaps be worth a shot to replace the "highest-scoring loser" rule with a "smallest margin loser" type situation instead? I feel like sometimes voting quantities can oscillate which might make it unfair to future scoring, but if there's a closer match then that seems more likely to indicate preference etc. Dunno if that makes sense but thought I'd voice it anyway.

What you have described in the Desolation Quest method of choosing the least worst loser. I would have used that here but you saw how the moaning minis and michaels started kicking off when I tried to enforce Rule #3. Imagine if I tried enforcing a 'smallest margin loser' rule..? ''ooooh, oooooh, that's not how selectiveMemory did it ooooh oooooh, that's not how we do things in Wimbledon Wrong oooooohh." Not worth the hassle mate, plus as Nags said it would mean he goes through and no one wants to see that happen.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Who is Alan Nagsworth playing in the next round?

Ferris

This is because I voted for Nags, isn't it?

Listen, Sploff - your beef is with me. Leave the little ones out of it.

alan nagsworth

For what it's worth I think of myself as a vile beast of wanton proportions and I should not be given a second chance. Having a second chance despite my atrocities is my kink and you'd only be strengthening my sexual powers by doing so. Think about that before making your choice.

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on July 18, 2019, 08:53:57 AM
This is because I voted for Nags, isn't it?

Listen, Sploff - your beef is with me. Leave the little ones out of it.

there is no beef in WimbleWrong... there's just ham left.

madhair60

No second chance for Nagsworth.

Honestly? To Hell with him.

Ferris

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on July 18, 2019, 09:55:47 AM
there is no beef in WimbleWrong... there's just ham left.

Ah, my mistake!

Lordofthefiles

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on July 17, 2019, 10:46:25 PM
The first round is over, somehow.

Thanks everyone for playing, and to those to didn't make it to the next round never mind. There are no real losers in WimbleWrong.

The next round draw will be posted tomorrow. The names in the hat will be:

Lordofthefiles replaces hedgehog90, who won his match but has pulled out early.

Gerrin, I'm the best loser. See you on court.