Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:02:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

When Someone Ruins Your Day

Started by checkoutgirl, June 12, 2019, 01:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

I used to know a great big fat man called Albert, he had a big quiff and liked rock and roll.  When he was upset by a man playing music on a guitar, he simply took the guitar away and sat on the man and then he played some Elvis songs and a bit of Eddie Cochran.  I think he was an oaf but at least he didn't let people ruin his day.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Buelligan on June 14, 2019, 10:27:27 PM
I used to know a great big fat man called Albert, he had a big quiff and liked rock and roll.  When he was upset by a man playing music on a guitar, he simply took the guitar away and sat on the man and then he played some Elvis songs and a bit of Eddie Cochran.  I think he was an oaf but at least he didn't let people ruin his day.

He was a ruiner, not a ruinee.

Inspector Norse

There are those whose day would be made by getting sat on by a fat Elvis impersonator.

Buelligan

Inspector Norse

Well, quite.

Too much of a good thing and that.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: QDRPHNC on June 13, 2019, 07:10:30 PM
Glad to see you back, checkoutgirl, but I also remember lots of stories about you being arsey with other people at work in the past, so maybe this is some kind of karmic retribution???

It was a storm in a teacup. All in my head. I'm too sensitive and a bit neurotic.

imitationleather

Quote from: imitationleather on June 14, 2019, 01:11:41 PM
The flat next door to ours has become an AirBnB and every weekend it is now populated by Legend Garys listening to their boom boom boom music and having fun at all hours. Disgusting. After the complaints last weekend following a load of lads making a racket on the landing at 5am and leaving their front door open while playing music we got a letter from the people running the AirBnB attached to a bottle of wine left outside our door apologising. But, like, an apology doesn't mean that it isn't going to be like this every weekend now so we ignored it. My missus and the woman who lives in the other flat on our floor had a meeting with the building manager today and it sounds like they are going to actually get this AirBnB stopped, which surprised me as I thought we wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

I'm enjoying being at the periphery of all this domestic drama. I for one welcome my new life as a NIMBY curtain twitcher.

Dunno if anyone is interested, but I just heard the freeholder of the building has decided to ban the AirBnB.

People power lol.