Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,464
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:28:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Brand "battery acid" joke row

Started by Fambo Number Mive, June 12, 2019, 08:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Autopsy Turvey on June 29, 2019, 03:47:51 PM
I didn't disagree, I just extended the same rationale. Glad you have too! I chose him because the brouhaha that Jo was talking about involved hating Carl because of the joke he told, and she was on HIGNFY a week later reading off an autocue that he's a "tiny-dicked tosser" who "said he might rape Jess Phillips", so the two of them are different sides of the same coin on this issue, and different reactions to each comment have flagged up hypocrisies on both sides.

I think it is in a way comparable, but fair enough.

Fair enough, as I said, I didn't know who he was, I mean I must have seen jokes about him on HIGNFY or whatever but he seemed like such a prick it wasn't worth remembering who he was. I'd never defend him but I would defend his right to make shit, poor taste jokes, the same i would with Brand who I like, despite not being a huge fan of her comedy. Agreeing is fun!

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Autopsy Turvey on June 29, 2019, 03:27:21 PM
Who have I ever recommended 'shutting down'?! When have I even said that I don't like Jo Brand?! I've been a fan of hers since she was calling herself the Sea Monster. And the 'battery acid' quip was entirely in keeping with her breezily homicidal material against men and Tories that she's been doing since the mid 80s.

I've liked her for a long time too. 'Men and tories'? Nah, just cunts like Jim Davidson, as I remember it. Oh, I see what you mean.

QuoteHowever her joke wasn't much of a joke at all realistically - I don't doubt she'd laugh along with the rest of you if Carl Benjamin was severely disfigured in an acid attack.

Absolute guff. I thought you said you were a fan of hers.

Quotewe hold professional seasoned comedians to a higher standard of comedy than UKIP candidate YouTubers.

Do you? What's the relevance? I'm more bothered by the attitudes of people who are seeking to operate the levers of power. I'm not focussing on whether their jokes are well constructed. Although he bores the tits off me, so I must have some sort of value judgement.