Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 12:13:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Day The Music Died

Started by Head Gardener, June 12, 2019, 08:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Head Gardener

it was 11 years ago but only now the grim news has come out, Elton John fans please sit down

Funcrusher

as were most of John Coltrane's masters in the Impulse Records collection

Fucking hell.

Lordofthefiles

Surely they're laying it on thick for the insurance company?

"Yeah mate, loads of Nirvana no one's heard, a boatload of Elvis demos, and the only existing tape of Sgt. Peppers Part Two.... oh, and the first recording of the voice of God as well".

And yet 18 hours of Radiohead outtakes survive...

Shaky

Quote from: Lordofthefiles on June 12, 2019, 09:23:53 PM
Surely they're laying it on thick for the insurance company?

"Yeah mate, loads of Nirvana no one's heard, a boatload of Elvis demos, and the only existing tape of Sgt. Peppers Part Two.... oh, and the first recording of the voice of God as well".

"Donald Trump's gangsta rap album, the OJ confession tapes set to the Benny Hill theme, 15 hours of some martians fucking around on the drums in Area 51..."

Lordofthefiles

Quote from: Shaky on June 13, 2019, 12:34:30 AM
"Donald Trump's gangsta rap album, the OJ confession tapes set to the Benny Hill theme, 15 hours of some martians fucking around on the drums in Area 51..."

"The literal "Music of The Spheres' was in there. This could end up in some sort of $150m law suit or something..."

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Head Gardener on June 12, 2019, 08:19:53 PM

>audio restoration service forced to admit that its tape-baking service has got out of hand.<

studpuppet

They're making a bit of a fuss aren't they? Sounds like most of these aren't 'lost', just the master tapes of recordings that are ubiquitous, and as the Radiohead leak has confirmed, most unreleased stuff stays unreleased for a reason.
I mean, I've got some CDs they can borrow if they still have gaps they need to fill in...

alan nagsworth

Nothing lasts forever. Fuck it, not arsed.