Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:22:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What object in your life is the least relatable to other people?

Started by Twed, June 12, 2019, 10:00:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twed

Mine, for example, is a slurry pit. Most people never had a slurry pit in their lives, or have even said the words "slurry pit".

You?

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

easytarget

From people's reactions to it - the D/A converter/headphone amp that lives on my desk at work (http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/bithead/bithead.html)

"Ooh! what's that?! what does it do?"

"It's a headphone amp with it's own DAC, it's supposed to improve the experience of  listening to music on a computer"

"I LITERALLY CANNOT RELATE TO THAT!"

pancreas

Quote from: Twed on June 12, 2019, 10:00:53 PM
Mine, for example, is a slurry pit. Most people never had a slurry pit in their lives, or have even said the words "slurry pit".

You?

You obviously weren't listening to Kane Jones' and Thomas's The Night Light.

Hated the slurry pits.

Howj Begg

chveik

Twed

monkfromhavana

Mr Eggs

FAECES IS THE LAMB OF OF GOD A DIRECT LINK TO JESUS OUR SAVIOUR.

checkoutgirl

My knowledge of comedy. Nobody ever has a clue who I'm even talking about. The average punter these days doesn't even know who Vic & Bob or Bob & David are. They haven't a bean. People are just dopes, there's no escaping it.

Most unrelateable actual physical thing? Probably my used staple collection.

biggytitbo

Everytime I lead people into the shed to show them my 'special surprise' (a shit sculpture of Danny Baker), I turn around and they've gone. They never return my texts or calls either. Some people are just weird.

imitationleather

Paul Calf

Quote from: easytarget on June 13, 2019, 12:42:58 AM
From people's reactions to it - the D/A converter/headphone amp that lives on my desk at work (http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/bithead/bithead.html)

"Ooh! what's that?! what does it do?"

"It's a headphone amp with it's own DAC, it's supposed to improve the experience of  listening to music on a computer"

"I LITERALLY CANNOT RELATE TO THAT!"

A well-chosen subjunctive.

BlodwynPig

Pingers

Icehaven

My CD collection. I've moved four times in the last decade and hauled several huge boxes of CDs along with me. Think I've actually listened to one maybe once or twice during that time, just to check my CD players still work. Everyone I've lived with, or who's helped me move, or has seen the amount of room they take up has said ''Why the F*** are you still dragging around hundreds of CDs?'' And they're probably right.

Don't listen to them!  I wish I still had my big collection of CDs (ripped them and sold them all when I moved to Spain).  These days, in a minimalist world where everything is streamed or downloaded, where you have a nebulous digital licence instead of something tangible, I long once again for shelves full of physical possessions.  They're part of your history, you should cherish them.  But throw out that Spin Doctors one, yeah?

a duncandisorderly

life-size silicon surrogate. I have to heave it.... her.... out of sight when I have company. which is seldom, thank heavens.
I'm not one of these channel four weirdos as keeps the thing in the lounge, all dressed up. don't be ridiculous.

also, the mellotron. people wonder why there's a white melamine kitchen unit amongst my synths until they see it also has keys, then "what's this?"

I don't know which of the two objects is the odder, frankly.

Small Man Big Horse

My framed copy of The Diarrhea Times, it's looked at with a mixture of confusion and disdain and when I try to explain who Nathan Fielder is and why I love it so they look at me like I'm an idiot. But I'm not, I did an online test to prove it.

Dex Sawash

QDRPHNC

Icehaven

Quote from: Darles Chickens on June 13, 2019, 09:32:39 AMBut throw out that Spin Doctors one, yeah?

I'm flattered you think I have anything that credible in my collection.

tookish