Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:04:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

People who adhere to negative stereotypes of themselves

Started by madhair60, June 13, 2019, 11:47:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fry

I had a friend who got asked out by a man, when she refused he posted a bunch of stuff on Facebook and Twitter about how she's a slag. I reckon the same thing's happening here but the man wouldn't let madhair play Small World with him.

Fry

Quote from: imitationleather on June 13, 2019, 04:00:37 PM
Ummmm it's not a fucking boardgame. It's a tabletop miniature wargame. >:(

Wouldn't know mate I only play DnD like a real man.

St_Eddie

A couple of years ago, a bloke down my local sat down on the bench with a group of us and he absolutely honked of B/O.  The kind of smell that could only occur if one didn't take a shower for at least two weeks.  He was sat a good four to five feet away from me, on the opposite side of the bench but his waft of armpit juices was still stinging my nose and the back of my throat.  When he went to the bar to get another drink, everyone else commented on how bad he smelt.  I just felt sorry for him to be honest.  He was a friendly chap and I can only imagine that someone who doesn't wash for weeks on end probably isn't in the best place, mentally speaking.  There but for the grace of God, go I.

seepage

Quote from: madhair60 on June 13, 2019, 12:22:23 PM
Cos it's closing down so all the board games are 20% off.

I didn't think they did boardgames anymore?

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on June 13, 2019, 01:28:27 PM
They made it too accessible with age of sigmar

WTF is this? where's the old Warhammer gone? All I ever wanted was a turned-based PC game of the old Warhammer. Perhaps I'll spend my remaining years writing one and expire as soon as it's finished.

Sebastian Cobb

Jumblegraws

Quote from: St_Eddie on June 13, 2019, 04:26:31 PM
A couple of years ago, a bloke down my local sat down on the bench with a group of us and he absolutely honked of B/O.  The kind of smell that could only occur if one didn't take a shower for at least two weeks.  He was sat a good four to five feet away from me, on the opposite side of the bench but his waft of armpit juices was still stinging my nose and the back of my throat.  When he went to the bar to get another drink, everyone else commented on how bad he smelt.  I just felt sorry for him to be honest.  He was a friendly chap and I can only imagine that someone who doesn't wash for weeks on end probably isn't in the best place, mentally speaking.  There but for the grace of God, go I.
I also feel a mixture of angry revulsion and sympathy for smelly people. I was sat next a really smelly guy on a long haul flight once, not so much BO as mildew/gym shoes. He was also obese and had to ask for the extended-length seatbelt and I was genuinely worried about coming into contact with him in case the smell rubbed off. Spent the flight thinking very cruel thoughts about him. Then after we landed he offered to get my hand-luggage down from the overhead and the anger that had been building up in me for 8 hours evaporated and I felt really guilty.

Question for everyone: if you were in a shop with a child in your care and someone walked past that smelled so bad that the child threw-up out of pure reflex, would you confront the smelly person on the matter?

Zetetic

Blue Jam

Quote from: madhair60 on June 13, 2019, 12:22:23 PM
Cos it's closing down so all the board games are 20% off.

Balls, WORRRAMMMRRRR Warhammer is one of those weirdly recession-proof businesses.

It was you, wasn't it?

poo

On the outskirts of Basra we came across a guy who smelt so bad that I was literally vomiting for a whole day after. He'd been disembowelled and was hanging from a sign outside an abandoned petrol station. From afar he looked like a black bag, and it was only when we approached that we realised the black was flies.

Blue Jam

I don't seem to meet many stereotypical scientists. My workplace does seem to have a high concentration of very bald men with glasses but no-one with proper wild science hair or a worn tweed jacket with leather elbow patches. It's a bit disappointing tbh. I should probably make more effort myself...

bgmnts

I'm fat as fuck but i've never needed an extension on my aiplane seat belt. That's desolation.

poo

chveik

Quote from: poo on June 13, 2019, 05:25:42 PM
Aye, but check out those social "scientists".

I doubt they'd be very useful if you want to lose weight.

Blue Jam

Quote from: poo on June 13, 2019, 05:25:42 PM
Aye, but check out those social "scientists".

Mr Jam is a social scientist and I once bought him some leather elbow patches for a laugh, but he has no tweed jacket to put them on. Instead he is very sporty and stylish. I'm not complaining, mind...

St_Eddie

Quote from: Jumblegraws on June 13, 2019, 05:03:07 PM
Question for everyone: if you were in a shop with a child in your care and someone walked past that smelled so bad that the child threw-up out of pure reflex, would you confront the smelly person on the matter?

Fuck no!  You'd have to be a class A arsehole to do that, quite frankly.  Please tell me that you haven't ever done that?

bgmnts

Quote from: St_Eddie on June 13, 2019, 05:59:04 PM
Fuck no!  You'd have to be a class A arsehole to do that, quite frankly.

You've never had a child I guess.

St_Eddie

Quote from: bgmnts on June 13, 2019, 05:59:44 PM
You've never had a child I guess.

No, I haven't.  That's beside the point.  Yes, when one has a child, that child is the most important thing in the world to you.  That doesn't mean that everyone else should feel the same way or that the moment that someone inadvertently upsets your child, that you're entitled to berate that person for daring to exist, no matter how bad their honk may be.  The whole world does does revolve around you and your child.

If someone stinks of B/O, then chances are that they're not in a good place, mentally.  What good will it do, to confront them and say "oi, mate.  Your stench made my child wretch, you filthy fucking cunt".  One should only go about saying and doing things like that if one would care to potentially drive vulnerable people to suicide.  Having a pop at them, isn't going to rewind the vomit back into your child's mouth.  It would merely ensure that someone else is as traumatised as your child.  Your child will soon recover from the nasty taste of vomit down the back of their throat.  The person whom you berate will be scarred for life.

One needn't be a father to have empathy for others.

EDIT: Also, get t'fuck with your "you've never had a child I guess" bullshit.  As though that excludes me from having an opinion.  As though that invalidates anything that I might say or think.  You're fertile.  Congratulations.  Do you want a banner and medal for it?  Do you think that automatically makes your opinion superior to mine?  Does it fuck.  You're thinking from the point of view of your hypothetically spewing child.  I'm thinking from the point of view of the poor sod, suffering from depression, who has an angry parent shaming them in a public space for not washing, because they fundamentally lack the motivation to maintain basic hygiene.

Mister Six

Quote from: poo on June 13, 2019, 05:18:30 PM
On the outskirts of Basra we came across a guy who smelt so bad that I was literally vomiting for a whole day after. He'd been disembowelled and was hanging from a sign outside an abandoned petrol station. From afar he looked like a black bag, and it was only when we approached that we realised the black was flies.

Prefer your clowne poems.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: St_Eddie on June 13, 2019, 06:02:00 PM
EDIT: Also, get t'fuck with your "you've never had a child I guess" bullshit.  As though that excludes me from having an opinion.  As though that invalidates anything that I might say or think.  You're fertile.  Congratulations.  Do you want a banner and medal for it?  Do you think that automatically makes your opinion superior to mine?  Does it fuck.  You're thinking from the point of view of your hypothetically spewing child.  I'm thinking from the point of view of the poor sod, suffering from depression, who has an angry parent shaming them in a public space for not washing, because they fundamentally lack the motivation to maintain basic hygiene.

Mate.

royce coolidge

Quote from: St_Eddie on June 13, 2019, 06:02:00 PM
No, I haven't.  That's beside the point.  Yes, when one has a child, that child is the most important thing in the world to you.  That doesn't mean that everyone else should feel the same way or that the moment that someone inadvertently upsets your child, that you're entitled to berate that person for daring to exist, no matter how bad their honk may be.  The whole world does does revolve around you and your child.

If someone stinks of B/O, then chances are that they're not in a good place, mentally.  What good will it do, to confront them and say "oi, mate.  Your stench made my child wretch, you filthy fucking cunt".  One should only go about saying and doing things like that if one would care to potentially drive vulnerable people to suicide.  Having a pop at them, isn't going to rewind the vomit back into your child's mouth.  It would merely ensure that someone else is as traumatised as your child.  Your child will soon recover from the nasty taste of vomit down the back of their throat.  The person whom you berate will be scarred for life.

One needn't be a father to have empathy for others.

U ok Hun ?

sponk

Young, blue-haired progressives on Twitter who are so woke I assume they have Adderall and coffee for cereal. I saw one politely telling off a comrade for the crime of saying "sis" while being white.

king_tubby

Maybe this dude in the Games Workshop was an actual Great Unclean One. Yeah, didn't think of that, did you?

Nurgle's gonna get ya.

Twed

Quote from: sponk on June 13, 2019, 07:12:21 PM
Young, blue-haired progressives on Twitter who are so woke I assume they have Adderall and coffee for cereal. I saw one politely telling off a comrade for the crime of saying "sis" while being white.
oh no

https://www.gov.uk/contact-police

Doomy Dwyer

I work in a public library, so there's no shortage of rank fuckers fugging up the joint left, right and centre. There's one lad who reeks of sour milk. I mean sour milk that's really lost all interest in itself and just let itself go all to shit. The kind of sour milk that other rancidized dairy products talk about in cruel whispers, prefacing their comments with "I'm not being horrible, but...", a phrase beloved by poison hypocrites since time immemorial. He's an ostensibly presentable young man, visually speaking anyway, average looking and quite nattily dressed, if someone clad entirely in sports attire and casual leisurewear can ever be said to be dressed 'nattily'. Personally, I think not, but I have quite strict, some would say narrow, reactionary or even draconian views on this sort of thing. If you're wearing a track suit, in my view,  ideally you should be sat behind a thick scratched shatter proof window listening to your missus telling you through a crackly phone that she still loves you but she's pissing off with your uncle and the kids because she can't wait another four to six years and they're actually your uncles kids anyway, most of them. Either that or a you're about to be involved in some sporting activity. Both situations equally tragic in their own way but are, at least, valid. This kid isn't a sportsman or a prisoner, but it looks like this last is about to change.

He's been coming in for months, trailing his foul stench in his wake. From what I can see his clothes are clean, he changes them regularly and they're well kept, so it's a physical thing, this concentrated, cadaverous odour. It's the kind of smell you can see. You can taste it, that's for sure. Horrific. It clings. Amazingly, he used to be a chef. I couldn't believe it when I found this out, even though I've worked in restaurant kitchens and have seen, and participated in, some fairly heinous violations of basic health & hygiene standards myself. Indeed, one of my first ever jobs was falsifying the best before dates on boxes of salad in Pizza Hut in Dartford. That sounds like one for the desolation thread. Unless you come from Dartford, in which case you'll be thinking "Ooooh, fucking Pizza Hut, is it? Lah-di-dah. 'ark at Egon fucking Ronay. Chicken Spot not good enough for you, my liege?" You get a feel for the onset of decay in the salad-bar-best-before-date-falsification game that never really leaves you. To this day I can gauge at a mere glance the exact hour in which coleslaw will begin to fizz. Everyone has a gift.

Anyway, over the weeks I've built up, not a relationship, that would be entirely the wrong word - not to mention a violation of my professional and personal code of conduct - but a kind of thankfully-distant-but-intimate knowledge of some of this poor bastards history that I've managed to piece together and it's not a happy one, which would be obvious to anyone with even the minutest measure of empathy or compassion. Foster care, shitty schooling, care homes, violence both given and received, probably loads of other grim, dark, heartbreaking stuff that you could speculate on that would explain why he's not what you'd describe as a regular bather. It's about as sad as it gets. He never had a chance and what little he's got is about to go down the khazi because he's done something serious enough for him to be of interest to the police and if he comes in again we're supposed to phone a number and the federales will swoop down and pick him up. Rather them than me. As sorry as I feel for the malodorous fucker, at least I won't be the one bundling the sack of shit into the back of a car anytime soon. I hope they've got a massive one of those pine scented air fresheners shaped like a little tree that you see hanging from rear view mirrors in the front of the old ice cream van. Actually, I don't. Fuck tha police, yeah? I don't know what it is he's supposed to have done; we weren't told. Going on what I know about him, temperament-wise, it won't be a nice crime. But still... you know. Whatever he's done he's been dealt a piss poor hand. And, whatever his crime, to my knowledge he has never expressed any desire to go to a Warhammer retail outlet in all the time I've smelt him. And that, surely, must count for something.   

chveik

Quote from: sponk on June 13, 2019, 07:12:21 PM

this has nothing to do with stinky warhammer people.

madhair60

JEsus it's not the ACTUAL warhammer shop it's fucking Inner Sanctum by Hills Road Bridge, I called it the Warhammer shop BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT IT IS IT'S THE SHOP, They've got dice and stuff. Leave me the fuck alone.

Edit: got a Doomy post, that's what I call a successful thread.

king_tubby

You seem to know a lot about Warhammer and Warhammer related retail activities, stinky.

mothman

Funcrusher

Quote from: madhair60 on June 13, 2019, 08:29:00 PM
JEsus it's not the ACTUAL warhammer shop it's fucking Inner Sanctum by Hills Road Bridge, I called it the Warhammer shop BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT IT IS IT'S THE SHOP, They've got dice and stuff. Leave me the fuck alone.

You smell of warhammers.