Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:06:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

People who adhere to negative stereotypes of themselves

Started by madhair60, June 13, 2019, 11:47:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Danger Man

So...Madhair was so poor he could only go to the Cambridge meet if people bought him drinks? And now he's in the Warhammer Shop?

I'm putting 2 and 2 together and getting 20% off.

Pingers

Quote from: madhair60 on June 13, 2019, 08:29:00 PM
JEsus it's not the ACTUAL warhammer shop it's fucking Inner Sanctum by Hills Road Bridge, I called it the Warhammer shop BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT IT IS IT'S THE SHOP, They've got dice and stuff. Leave me the fuck alone.

Edit: got a Doomy post, that's what I call a successful thread.

Evening, sir. I'm sorry for the mix-up, I've checked out Inner Sanctum on the internet and you are right, it is a board game shop and not a Warhammer shop. Sorry for the judgement there, but we have to take these allegations seriously, because one never knows, sir, one never knows.

Twed

That's worse, you'd only know about it if you were really, really, really into Warhammer and being stinking.

Noonling

Quote from: Buelligan on June 13, 2019, 03:28:03 PM
Oh, and if you do ever wash your clothes, do not leave them damp and then dry them, they will always honk like unwashed piss and worse.  That's a sure thing.

100% of the people I've encountered who smell of that smell are men. I have caught many a whiff of women's BO, but all of them know how to wash and dry their clothes properly.

The worst time was when a friend of mine was homeless so I let him crash on the sofa for a week or so. The second he was in the room smelt of that smell and it lasted after he left and I opened all the windows. Its a shared house so I felt embaressed that I had a friend that smelt of that. I should have said something, but I didn't know how and I hardly wanted to kick him while he was down. He had been couch-surfing so presumably had access to a dryer at least some of the time, certainly had access to my washing (which he used) and dryer (which, inexplicably, he didn't).

Twed

The only person I've known who has let washed clothes fester and create that smell was a woman.

Noonling

This disrupts my world view and thus you must be mistaken.

Danger Man

Quote from: Twed on June 13, 2019, 09:58:30 PM
The only person I've known who has let washed clothes fester and create that smell was a woman.

Buelligan

Could I just say, I sympathise entirely with St Eddie's pov, I think he's 110% correct about the answer to the vomiting child conundrum.  If you teach your fucking seed anything, teach them to respect other peoples' tender parts, for fuck's sake. 

So, yeah, totally agree with that but maybe deliver this idea with a nice friendly little bow on top?  Dunno, could work.

Sin Agog

Growing up around tons of crusties (most memorable being a devil-sticker named Swan who couldn't sleep unless his pet wolves* were under the covers with him), I think a lot of these ablution-skippers may actually be zen masters.

*well, half-rottweiler/half-wolf.  One of them, Rhino, once farted directly into my dad's sleeping, yawning mouth

St_Eddie

Quote from: royce coolidge on June 13, 2019, 07:10:35 PM
U ok Hun ?

Not too bad.  Thanks for asking.  I saw my parents earlier.  They gave me their old lawnmower, which was much appreciated.  Then I did a little bit of shopping and had a few drinks with my friends.  Pretty good day, all in all.  How are you?

Twed

St_Eddie

It's simply not possible that a woman's clothes honked.  You must surely be mistaken.  Perhaps you dreamt it?

Quote from: Buelligan on June 13, 2019, 10:45:45 PM
Could I just say, I sympathise entirely with St Eddie's pov, I think he's 110% correct about the answer to the vomiting child conundrum.  If you teach your fucking seed anything, teach them to respect other peoples' tender parts, for fuck's sake. 

Aw, thank you.  It's nice to know that I'm not alone in my opinion.

king_tubby

Getting rid of the edit glitch like madhair rolling a d20 so his space ork can beat up a flower fairy or whatever.

Paul Calf

madhair60

Quote from: Danger Man on June 13, 2019, 09:27:31 PM
So...Madhair was so poor he could only go to the Cambridge meet if people bought him drinks? And now he's in the Warhammer Shop?

I'm putting 2 and 2 together and getting 20% off.

If you were any kind of fan you would know that I have a total of two friends who still live in Cambridge and that I hate them. It's tag along or die alone.

phantom_power

It is possible to get that smelly by accident. I have had a thing where if you don't dry clothes sufficiently after washing they get a bit musty but the smell isn't immediately obvious. It is only after you have been wearing a shirt, for instance, for a while and your body has heated it up that the stink becomes apparent. By that point it is too late if you are out and about, and you might not notice it.

Not really on topic I know.

Sebastian Cobb

shit i've left some t-shirts in me washing machine since the start of the week.

they'll need another full cycle

Buelligan

Quote from: phantom_power on June 14, 2019, 09:36:31 AM
It is possible to get that smelly by accident. I have had a thing where if you don't dry clothes sufficiently after washing they get a bit musty but the smell isn't immediately obvious. It is only after you have been wearing a shirt, for instance, for a while and your body has heated it up that the stink becomes apparent. By that point it is too late if you are out and about, and you might not notice it.

Not really on topic I know.

The secret is ironing on that me old fragrant flower.  Not completely and only ironing, obvs.

• Wash clothes regularly, using enough detergent and sufficient rinses (PM for advice on sufficient rinses if necessary). If you use a machine, do not overload it.
  • Dry clothes immediately.  Do not let them rest anywhere, damp, because you can't be arsed to hang them or you will defeat the whole object of this process.  Ideally, air-dry on a line but if impossible and you don't have a tumble dryer, make sure each item is separated and flat, not scrunched and many layered, on your clothes-dryer frame thing which is positioned somewhere where there is plenty of airflow, like beside an open window.  Do not leave "dry" clothes resting in a tumble dryer because you can't be arsed to sort them out or you will defeat the whole object of this process.
  • Iron clothes, at this point, if they're stinking, you will ken it and understand that you have failed and need to repeat stages 1 and 2
  • Air clothes after ironing on hangers or a clothes horse in free air flow, then store them, hung or neatly folded in a clean and airy cupboard
This is how she is done to avoid musty honks.

Also, if you are a sweaty person, put a smear of liquid detergent on the underarm areas of shirts before you wash them.  Love mum xx

Danger Man

Quote from: madhair60 on June 14, 2019, 09:35:00 AM
If you were any kind of fan you would know that I have a total of two friends who still live in Cambridge and that I hate them. It's tag along or die alone.

I just wanted to say I'm putting 2 and 2 together and getting 20% off

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Buelligan on June 14, 2019, 09:53:10 AM
The secret is ironing on that me old fragrant flower.  Not completely and only ironing, obvs.

• Wash clothes regularly, using enough detergent and sufficient rinses (PM for advice on sufficient rinses if necessary). If you use a machine, do not overload it.
  • Dry clothes immediately.  Do not let them rest anywhere, damp, because you can't be arsed to hang them or you will defeat the whole object of this process.  Ideally, air-dry on a line but if impossible and you don't have a tumble dryer, make sure each item is separated and flat, not scrunched and many layered, on your clothes-dryer frame thing which is positioned somewhere where there is plenty of airflow, like beside an open window.  Do not leave "dry" clothes resting in a tumble dryer because you can't be arsed to sort them out or you will defeat the whole object of this process.
  • Iron clothes, at this point, if they're stinking, you will ken it and understand that you have failed and need to repeat stages 1 and 2
  • Air clothes after ironing on hangers or a clothes horse in free air flow, then store them, hung or neatly folded in a clean and airy cupboard

Also, if you are a sweaty person, put a smear of liquid detergent on the underarm areas of shirts before you wash them.  Love mum xx

That sounds like a lot of work. I can understand why some people just let the smells take over.

Paul Calf

Yeah, I was with you until this one.

Jumblegraws

Quote from: St_Eddie on June 13, 2019, 05:59:04 PM
    Fuck no!  You'd have to be a class A arsehole to do that, quite frankly.  Please tell me that you haven't ever done that?
    Haha no, it's an entirely imaginary scenario. That said, I'm not sure how I would handle it. I could see myself being sufficiently resentful of someone who made a child I was caring for ill that I'd dispense with due consideration for their personal circumstances.

I've actually asked this question at work a few times over the years, only one person said they might have a word and it would be out of concern for the person's welfare rather than to remonstrate with them.

Buelligan

I fervently disagree with you on this.  No one, child or not, has the right to be Marie-Antoinette about their fellows. 

People smell, just like people are sometimes ugly or old or ill or all manner of things that don't fit into perfect.  Children need to be brought up in an environment where they recognise this as normal and where they treat people who don't conform to their home's/family's brand of "normal" with respect and acceptance. 

To me, this is basic stuff, you, we, all, are training people to run the world and live in it, not to fop along through life holding a scented handkerchief to their delicate little sensibilities.  I think its pretty important, this.  That notwithstanding, I like you very much Jumblegraws, so please don't be offended.

phantom_power

I know how you avoid it. The problem is you can inadvertently allow it to happen and by the time you find out it is too late. So Mr Smellybelly over there might just be unlucky rather than a skanky riffer

Buelligan

Ironing is for people who don't want to smell like a neglected skunk.

Paul Calf

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Buelligan on June 14, 2019, 10:25:00 AM
    I fervently disagree with you on this.  No one, child or not, has the right to be Marie-Antoinette about their fellows. 

People smell, just like people are sometimes ugly or old or ill or all manner of things that don't fit into perfect.  Children need to be brought up in an environment where they recognise this as normal and where they treat people who don't conform to their home's/family's brand of "normal" with respect and acceptance. 

To me, this is basic stuff, you, we, all, are training people to run the world and live in it, not to fop along through life holding a scented handkerchief to their delicate little sensibilities.  I think its pretty important, this.  That notwithstanding, I like you very much Jumblegraws, so please don't be offended.
    Not offended at all, you're right on this. I probably wouldn't do anything, if not because of basic empathy then because I probably don't have the guts to confront anyone. There's just a chance I might get all "I'd do time for them" if a kid was involved.

Buelligan

This is madness, the delicate endangered soul of a child is exactly the same, has the same value, deserves the same protections, whether it's resident in the body of a round-eyed little relative or an old and crusty homeless person.  If you cut them, do they not bleed?

And if that little relative shits its nappy, as they are bound to do, do you vomit in disgust?  Get a ruddy grip.