Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:26:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Doctor Who - Series 12, Chibnall's Revenge

Started by Deanjam, June 13, 2019, 04:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesTC

When I refer to his Shada, I am talking about the fan-made animation and NOT his penis.

So long as he doesn't show anybody his Mission to the Unknown*.

*fan-made animation. Not anus.

Replies From View

So you want him to show his penis and anus to people?  What for?

JamesTC

I don't want him to, he just does.

And by penis and anus, I assume you mean Shada and Mission to the Unknown.

Replies From View

Ah no I didn't mean those I meant his penis and anus

Just wondering why you dream solidly of his penis and anus night and day for weeks on end

And why you are fantasising all things with his penis and anus like merry-go-rounds with depictions of his penis and anus on them

I just feel there's a time and a place

JamesTC

Quote from: Replies From View on November 19, 2019, 12:12:58 PM
Ah no I didn't mean those I meant his penis and anus

Just wondering why you dream solidly of his penis and anus night and day for weeks on end

And why you are fantasising all things with his penis and anus like merry-go-rounds with depictions of his penis and anus on them

I just feel there's a time and a place

Well I've not actually seen his Mission to the Unknown. I don't feel I need to what with the recreation.

And as for his Shada, I watched that but I didn't think much of it. I much prefer the official one.

The Roofdog

Quote from: Mister Six on November 14, 2019, 04:52:27 AM
Nah, he's obviously a Lib Dem man. Kerblam was mediocre, ineffectual, passionless centrism all the way.

Was tempted to agree with that, but after the announcement of the writers for his second series the refusal to hire even a single proven writer from the previous regime, despite the criticism of the first series, and instead hire his fucking mates again screams Tory to me.

The incredible work Moffat did discovering a new generation of Who writers in his last two years, completely pissed away.

Mister Six

I dunno, it's not like RTD and Moffat didn't just hire a bunch of their mates (it's the only explanation for Stephen Thompson not only writing more than one Who script but also doing a bunch of mediocre Sherlock episodes), and if it looked like there was continuity between RTD and Moffat (including Chibnall working with them both) it's only because they hang out with the same people.

Besides, with the exception of Kerblam (and that mostly only because of the egregiously awful politics) he's brought back the writers of the most critically praised episodes of last season, so there is some awareness of what worked.

And regards the Lib Dem thing, it seems very LD to put servicing your smug dinner party/cheeky Nando's circle above the needs of the people you're supposed to be serving.

Phil_A

I think the problem is more he's hiring writers that aren't really interested in Dr Who, they're writers for whom it's just another gig, like banging out a Midsommer Murder or something.

If you're hiring people who don't care about the show they're writing for, you're going to end up with a mediocre show unfortunately.

Thomas

mjwilson

Quote from: Phil_A on November 20, 2019, 12:16:47 AM
I think the problem is more he's hiring writers that aren't really interested in Dr Who, they're writers for whom it's just another gig, like banging out a Midsommer Murder or something.

If you're hiring people who don't care about the show they're writing for, you're going to end up with a mediocre show unfortunately.

Not sure I agree with that, I think it'd be great to bring new writers in even if they aren't existing fans. (But I think it needs a better writer than Chibnall to show them the ropes and bring out the best of them.)

RTD mentioned that he'd essentially rewrite every episode that he was submitted, so you could theoretically have an entire series written by people who have little interest in Doctor Who and turn it into something special with the right showrunner.

It'd be fascinating to see the final drafts of episodes before RTD and Moffat got their hands on them.

Malcy

Quote from: Thomas on November 20, 2019, 07:04:54 PM
Double guest star announcement at 10pm.

The Beast & The Dark Destroyer from The Chase was my first thought and looking at the comments I'm not alone!

mjwilson

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on November 20, 2019, 08:08:21 PM
RTD mentioned that he'd essentially rewrite every episode that he was submitted, so you could theoretically have an entire series written by people who have little interest in Doctor Who and turn it into something special with the right showrunner.

It'd be fascinating to see the final drafts of episodes before RTD and Moffat got their hands on them.

There's a page or two in The Writer's Tale I think, for the Pompeii story.

Thomas

I was reading about the production of 'Heaven Sent' the other day, and I was interested to learn that it was Moffat who wrote the Twelfth Doctor's popular anti-war speech at the end of the Zygon two-parter.

mjwilson

olliebean

Whereas Chibnall has complained that he barely has time to write his own episodes.

Malcy

Fry wasn't a surprise but delighted that Lenny Henry is making an appearance.

Thomas

Thomas

New tagline that makes it sound like the Doctor is running in the election.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Thomas on November 22, 2019, 01:48:49 AM

Oh, I thought you meant the other tagline.  'Running in the erection', you know?  Boy, is my cockend face red.

Alberon

Enough space for Yaz's character development? I doubt it.

Looks like a hoarding for a new apartment complex. "The TARDIS. If you lived here, you'd be home now."

olliebean

https://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/doctor-who/68682/doctor-who-series-12-cast-tease-biggest-episode-the-show-s-done

Quote"It's big," agrees Chris Chibnall. On a September visit to the Cardiff set of Doctor Who, the showrunner tells assembled press that the series 12 opener is "the biggest episode [they've] done. It might be the biggest episode the show's done." Fighting talk.
QuoteSize aside (odds are we're looking at a two-parter), what can fans expect from the Doctor's return? "A lot of action, a lot of fun," says Chibnall, describing the story as "a big action-packed hoot," adding "if you think Resolution's big, episode one is bigger – unquestionably."

Did anyone think Resolution was especially big? If that's Chibnall's baseline for big, I'm not expecting too much from the s12 opener.

More DoG stuff if you're interested:
https://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/doctor-who/68681/doctor-who-chibnall-aimed-to-go-up-a-level-for-series-12
https://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/doctor-who/68677/how-the-tardis-has-changed-for-doctor-who-series-12
https://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/doctor-who/68676/doctor-who-chris-chibnall-recalls-sleepness-nights-over-rosa

H-O-W-L

Kerblam was such insulting shite I legitimately stopped watching the show as a whole because of it. Not here to have a whinge about it and say it's all fucked, but I found it very hard to keep giving the show good faith after such a fucking awful episode on every moral level.

I think the thing that made me turn it off in disgust was that I thought to myself "children watch this and legitimately derive morals and foundational beliefs from this show sometimes" and while you could probably say that of shit like Grant Thieb Outro: Saint Andrea too in an attempt at censoring more adult-oriented shit, Doctor Who has really always prided itself on being broader-spectrum family entertainment.

The idea of my nephew, who loves older Doctor who for example, watching Kerblam and taking morals away from it made me feel viscerally quite sick because it said some very awful things about worker's rights abuses in our very real world.

Utter shite for cunts. More like Dicktor Spew!!!

Replies From View

Quote from: Thomas on November 22, 2019, 01:48:49 AM

WOW IT LOOKS SO UNLIKE SOME STANDARD STUDIO PORTRAITS FOR SERIES 11 PHOTOSHOPPED TOGETHER.

Deanjam

Space. For all? Even Nazis? Even pedos? You sick BBC bastards!

Replies From View

Paedos and Nazis are beyond reproach.  (Just ask the writer of Kerblam!)

Deyv

Top left of the poster looks so bare. Absolute shit. Could've put an exploding Nazi there or something, anything to balance things out. It just looks so lopsided.

Still, though, I enjoyed Demons of the Punjab.

H-O-W-L

Quote from: Deyv on November 22, 2019, 04:45:09 PM
Still, though, I enjoyed Demons of the Punjab.

Yeah, I quite like that episode. I feel like the aliens would've been more interesting if they used a pre-existing species from the series' past that was evil though.