Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,478
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:02:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Animals that you had never heard of before Thread

Started by chveik, June 13, 2019, 06:24:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chveik

My mum went to a zoo with her class today, and they had in captivity a few animals I had never heard of before (or maybe I did in my long gone animal-fascinated youth)

- Siamang (arboreal gibbon from South East Asia)

here they are, howling like crazy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMcCvGwYIS4

- Javan lutung/Javan langur

a potential spin-off for Glebe's monkey-based soap opera:

- Dalmatian pelican. most of the population can be found in Russia.

- Dhole/Asiatic wild dog. they seem to have an interesting social behaviour, living in clans without rigid dominance hierarchies.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: chveik on June 13, 2019, 06:24:43 PM- Dalmatian pelican. most of the population can be found in Russia.

You've been had there mate, that's never a Dalmatian pelican. Where's its spots?

QDRPHNC

BlodwynPig

imitationleather

Howj Begg

QDRPHNC

mothman

Quote from: chveik on June 13, 2019, 06:24:43 PM

Christ, enough already. The ultimate aim of all media is not to find some way to put Keanu bloody Reeves in everything.

kittens

pretty sure i know all the animals by now. done my research. sure there's probably some dumb bug or bird i never seen before but is it that different to all the other bugs or birds. tell me when there's a new big boy in town. cow-sized. here kits mate you missed this cowsize fucker. that'll never happen. oh kittens didn't you hear there is a tiny insignificant bug who lives in africa that is a bit different to a ant. so fuck. show me cowsize beasts or show yourself out.

Sherringford Hovis

The hidden arsehole.

The fossa (Cryptoprocta ferox); hidden (crypto) and anus (procta).

idunnosomename

Quote from: kittens on June 13, 2019, 08:41:29 PM
pretty sure i know all the animals by now. done my research. sure there's probably some dumb bug or bird i never seen before but is it that different to all the other bugs or birds. tell me when there's a new big boy in town. cow-sized. here kits mate you missed this cowsize fucker. that'll never happen. oh kittens didn't you hear there is a tiny insignificant bug who lives in africa that is a bit different to a ant. so fuck. show me cowsize beasts or show yourself out.
kudu

popcorn

Look this isn't really what the thread is about but I just want to say that today my girlfriend told me that in Japanese badgers are called "hole bears".

Buelligan

Look this isn't really what the thread is about but

chveik

^ please Buelligan don't spoil my thread with this filth

chveik

that's it, your blocked from this thread. you should've contribute with an animal that you had never heard of before. sorry

Buelligan

I have never heard of the Prince of Whales before.  Thanks though.

Mr_Simnock

Vu Quang Ox

Goeldi's Marmoset, the only member of it's particular genus

Hero Shrews

Vaquita

Oriental Bay Owl

chveik

wow, that's more like it

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on June 14, 2019, 12:32:26 AM
Vu Quang Ox

I used to read stuff about cryptozoology and it's really incredible that a mammal like this has only been properly discovered in the nineties.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

mothman

I didn't know there was such a thing as a clothes horse until recently.

Paul Calf

Icehaven

I'd never heard of Pangolins until a few months ago but now they're bloody everywhere, the new Alpacas.

Jittlebags

Not just an animal, but it's own phylum. The priapulid worm.

Quote from: Paul Calf on June 14, 2019, 08:12:46 AM

What an odd-looking creature. It really illustrates the dangers of selective breeding from a small gene pool.