Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:32:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

It's time for another PC upgrading thread

Started by Thursday, June 13, 2019, 06:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thursday

Time for me to do a bit of an upgrade, I think. But I'm very conflicted on how far to go at the moment. I've mostly stopped playing games on my PC at least AAA one's, never been too concerned about having all the settings on ultra. Don't have a 4k monitor and wasn't planning to... but then maybe I should.

I've been feeling the allure of a shiny new GPU at the moment, and also SSD's are much cheaper now it seems so I should probably get one of them. I'm mostly play Destiny now, and since they announced cross-save is coming, I've been wanting switch to PC so the next expansion looks great.

Next gen consoles will presumably be out around Christmas next year, and so obviously it's a bit early to call, but i basically thought "I should get something that's slightly better than they'll be overall"

But maybe it's a bad time to try and make a call on those kinds of specs. So I want to be careful about getting something that's going to be behind the times in a year.

Also, to be extra awkward, I'm not sure how much I want to spend... I'm not on a super tight budget... but at the same time, I don't really know how to find the best value option when it comes to this stuff.

These have mostly been my specs January 2015

SSD 240gb
1TB HDD
8GBRAM
GTX 750ti 2gb
CPU: i5-4590
Power supply 750w
Motherboard: MSI Z97-G43 INTEL Z97 Chipset, ATX Mainboard w/ 4 RAM slots, 7.1 HD Audio, HDMI, GbLAN, USB 3.0, SATA-III, 2x Gen2 PCIe x16, 2x PCIe x 1 & 3x PCI

So make my decisions for me and tell me what to do.

seepage

don't just take my word for it, but I reckon a GPU upgrade is your best bet (although they don't appear particularly cheap at the minute) and the rest of your current spec is OK for the mo. You said about getting an SSD, but there's one in your spec already? 

Thursday

There's not room for much else on there, so if I wanted put a couple of games on there, it would start cluttering it up.