Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 05:39:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What's Greek isle Kos like?

Started by ajsmith2, June 14, 2019, 12:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajsmith2

Thinking of going late this summer hopefully for some kind of laid back beach based experience unperturbed by too much 18-30 revelling type shenanigans. Anyone got any experience with going there? Worth going for a week?

Cold Meat Platter

I've no idea but lettuce know when you get back.

imitationleather

Probably shit since Club 18-30 shut down.

a duncandisorderly

I remember there being cows on the beach, but that was thirty years ago. I expect it's different now.
the neighbouring smaller island of nissiros was nice, if a bit cockroachy... rented a moped & went up the side of the volcano. both islands seemingly over-run with stray cats, but not as many as on patmos, which is worth a visit if you're at all a fan of 'revelations'. the houses are all painted white & it hurts your eyes without shades.

Ray Travez

Operty1

I think it's Kos where you can't flush toilet paper, and have to pop it all in a bin next to the toilet.

Don't eat anything that gives you the squitters.

dr_christian_troy

Kos is a good place to find a boat to take you to another island. Kalymnos is very pleasant, cheap and cheerful.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: dr_christian_troy on June 14, 2019, 02:11:20 PM
Kos is a good place to find a boat to take you to another island. Kalymnos is very pleasant, cheap and cheerful.

^ that.

Glebe

[tag]Odysseus: Well as long as there's no cyclopes on it, we'll give it a try![/tag]

pancreas

Good place to get a tan.

If you do a sin on it.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

remedial_gash

Went there in 1999 on a family holiday and had given up booze for two years and it got me drinking by about day 10, tbh it's quite nice if you want to lounge on beaches and eat at little tavernas, but avoid Kos town or other similar places, they were for the desolation thread twenty years ago and I can't imagine it has got any better.

It was like a mini mykonos or ayia napa, but really low rent and somehow worse.

Island's okay, for walks and shit.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Anagram of a Shit Name

Take care if you rent a scooter, the roads are a bit................

wait for it...................

greece-y

Captain Z

You'd have more fun on an iceberg.