Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,484
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:27:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Are you also frightened?

Started by The Boston Crab, June 14, 2019, 09:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St_Eddie

Quote from: kittens on June 17, 2019, 01:24:34 PM
can't stop thinking about that fucking crab. it literally hasn't been off my mind since i first saw it this morning. been imagining that although it is still the shape of a crab it has the texture and consistency of boiled egg yolk and tastes strongly of vinegar and the imaginary feel of that in mouth has not left me all day. drinking cup after cup of water to try to wash it away. that crab has ruined my life.

You and me both, kittens.

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 17, 2019, 03:03:20 PM

Pffffft, you think that's ghoulish?

Oh, for fuck's sake.  Look how daintily it picks up and consumes its young.  Fucking crabs, man.

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 17, 2019, 03:25:58 PM
Crabs are quite high in cholesterol.

Crabs or carbs?

St_Eddie

Barry Admin

Quote from: thugler on June 18, 2019, 01:00:09 PM
It may be 'well known', but it's not true. Like many of the things these quacks spout. I say this as someone who consumes none of these products and has no interest in them.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5515645/

What quacks?

I've heard nothing but tales about how bad diet drinks and sweeteners are for years and years now. I'm just gonna stick to water, semi-skimmed milk, and the odd pure fruit juice.

The problem these days is you can use the Internet to "prove" whatever it is you want to believe. There is a ton of conflicting information available. So I'll probably now have someone telling me how milk is awful and blah blah blah, full of pus etc. Well I like it and I think it's full of calcium, and I think I made a batter choice today drinking milk and water, when I could have bought three tins of Diet Coke for a quid.

You never hear of mad COW disease?!

Where you think milk even come form mate?!

Johnny Yesno

NoSleep

Quote from: Barry Admin on June 19, 2019, 02:24:16 AM
What quacks?

I've heard nothing but tales about how bad diet drinks and sweeteners are for years and years now. I'm just gonna stick to water, semi-skimmed milk, and the odd pure fruit juice.

The problem these days is you can use the Internet to "prove" whatever it is you want to believe. There is a ton of conflicting information available. So I'll probably now have someone telling me how milk is awful and blah blah blah, full of pus etc. Well I like it and I think it's full of calcium, and I think I made a batter choice today drinking milk and water, when I could have bought three tins of Diet Coke for a quid.

Even Twed's favourite site for food information is saying cut down on milk (and drink water, tea & coffee). There's better sources of calcium. I packed in drinking milk years before I knocked meat and eggs on the head.

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/what-should-you-eat/calcium-and-milk/

Blue Jam

Anyone fancy a nice classy Italian meal tonight? How about putting the spaghetti inside the meatballs for a change?

A bit of parmesan and some fresh herbs on top... very sophisticated, as you can see.

Johnny Yesno

Actually, you know what? If it was veggie mince, I could totally go for that.

Inspector Norse

And as an added bonus, you can take the leftovers down to the river the next day and use them to catch a fish for lunch.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 20, 2019, 11:38:13 AM
Anyone fancy a nice classy Italian meal tonight? How about putting the spaghetti inside the meatballs for a change?

A bit of parmesan and some fresh herbs on top... very sophisticated, as you can see.

well, that's one way to hide the maggots.

Blue Jam

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on June 22, 2019, 05:44:58 PM
well, that's one way to hide the maggots.

Casu marzu is another. Also classy and Italian.

Blue Jam

Quote from: St_Eddie on June 19, 2019, 01:20:11 AM
You and me both, kittens.

Oh, for fuck's sake.  Look how daintily it picks up and consumes its young.  Fucking crabs, man.

Crabs or carbs?

Crabs (the tasty crustaceans) are high in cholesterol. Carbs are just carbs.

Imagine how much cholesterol is in a crab that has been raised on a diet of other crabs... it'd be like fois gras.... sounds fantastic, I want to try one now.

Twed

Foie gras is force fed grain, not other ducks

Twed

Blue Jam

Perhaps ducks should be force-fed other ducks then...

Twed

Twed

St_Eddie

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

It's just a two word review: "Crab Sandwich."