Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 12:25:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Are you also frightened?

Started by The Boston Crab, June 14, 2019, 09:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

Quote from: NoSleep on June 15, 2019, 11:07:17 AM
Joe Rogan would have to have somebody that wasn't telling you to avoid eating animal products (which is the best health advantage). I'd be surprised, from what you've already said, that Kessler is telling you to avoid eating animal products.

Sorry it's Kresser, my phone auto-corrected. Anyway, he's not, he's saying that you should eat organ meats and/or molluscs.

I guess you're referring to Rogan's pro-hunting stance, and it seems he has a bit of a hate-boner for vegans. There is a half-hour excerpt where the two discuss the negative impacts of a vegan diet:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=1BUL78hbkLA

Well, touch-paper lit, I guess. Im off to play Ingress for a bit, back later :-) have fun.

Edit: can split this if you want, Bosto, nae bother to do.

mothman

Quote from: mojo filters on June 14, 2019, 10:04:57 PM
If presented with that at a dinner party, is it acceptable to use your fingers to pick up the sausage as a handy handle - then dunk each spaghetti half in the sauce it's presumably served in, before attempting to gracefully shovel the resulting combo into one's mouth?

Yes. Yes, it is. In fact I would go so far as to say it would be the only thing that would make this culinary atrocity worthwhile.

touchingcloth

Quote from: mothman on June 15, 2019, 11:52:39 AM
Yes. Yes, it is. In fact I would go so far as to say it would be the only thing that would make this culinary atrocity worthwhile.

You could glue the sausage segments to your head and pretend you had lovely long yellow hair.

mothman

Quote from: touchingcloth on June 15, 2019, 11:59:41 AM
You could glue the sausage segments to your head and pretend you had lovely long yellow hair.

touchingcloth

No, the top of your head. You could imagine you were a real lady.

mothman

Are you saying I'm not? Transphobe.

touchingcloth

I'm saying the strands would help you imagine.

mothman

Quote from: touchingcloth on June 15, 2019, 12:13:56 PM
I'm saying the strands would help you imagine.

... no possessions? And no religion too?

Bazza, no need to split. It's all terrifying me today! (And I might get another stellar thread to ten pages).

NoSleep

Quote from: Barry Admin on June 15, 2019, 11:14:06 AM
Sorry it's Kresser, my phone auto-corrected. Anyway, he's not, he's saying that you should eat organ meats and/or molluscs.

I guess you're referring to Rogan's pro-hunting stance, and it seems he has a bit of a hate-boner for vegans. There is a half-hour excerpt where the two discuss the negative impacts of a vegan diet:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=1BUL78hbkLA

Well, touch-paper lit, I guess. Im off to play Ingress for a bit, back later :-) have fun.

Edit: can split this if you want, Bosto, nae bother to do.

Where do they discuss the negative impacts of a vegan diet (they even mention you can live on a vegan diet if you follow the right guidelines)? They seem to be alleging a lot, using anecdotal "evidence" and moving the subject along quickly without backing their claims up (whilst using the word "science" or "scientific" occasionally). And the whole paleo evolution thing neither proves the "paleo diet" (which is pure guesswork) or makes the case for not going vegan. Bottom line is that even if we evolved "because" we ate meat, which is an unlikely cause for an evolutionary necessity (more likely interactions between human groups favoured intelligence), then that still doesn't make an argument against eating a vegan diet now, as we are not going to "un-evolve" as a result. As medicine has improved people are living longer and the main killers are no longer pestilence and famine. And the best diets for preventing premature death or disability due to the lifestyle related diseases like heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, etc are ones low in animal products and high in whole plants. The advantages of being omnivore in an environment like our own (where abundant food is in a shop down the road) is you can make the choice.

Rogan is the Glinner of diet. I wonder if he's sponsored by the meat/dairy industry or if it can it just be explained by a justification for hunting (does he eat every animal he kills?)

bgmnts

Rogan is big into the fight game isn't he? Makes sense he's be all about the meat.

Blue Jam

Quote from: The Boston Crab on June 14, 2019, 09:23:06 PM

This makes me feel really bad. Anyone else?

Yes. Just sent it to a friend and I can't look at it for more than a second without shuddering. I hope he can't either.

Twed

On top of all the horror, just imagine how those boiled-for-11-minutes-in-starchy-water hot dogs taste. I'm pretty sure the edges of the ones in that picture have become FOAM.

Twed

Can't talk now, I'm threading spaghetti through my hot dogs

I can't work out what it is. Partly tryptophobia I imagine, partly the perceived texture. There's a touch of the new Worzel Gummidge about it. Mega Satan.

seepage

just noticed it's an AEG hob, which can't be the cheapest option. Shouldn't they have threaded the spag through a swan instead?

Twed

Do enjoy a good herta frankfurter.  Although i was recently told you shouldn't eat them straight out the fridge, which means i've been eating them raw for years.

Howj Begg

Do we have to see them going in and out, ffs.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Twed on June 15, 2019, 04:30:23 PM

One has to admire the sheer craftsmanship that Jeffery Dahmer displayed in the final weeks leading up to his arrest.

Captain Z

I'm doing that! I'm doing that tonight.

RDRR

Quote from: Barry Admin on June 15, 2019, 11:00:57 AM
Btw I'm not doing any kind of faddy shit, I like Kresser because he really knows his shit

Is this the same man?

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Chris_Kresser
"Acupuncture, unlike most drugs, has the potential to cure disease."
—Chris Kresser[1]

Chris Kresser is an American acupuncturist, anti-flu vaxxer, cholesterol denialist and promoter of the paleo diet. Kresser has made a number of dangerous health suggestions, for example, he has argued against flu vaccination and recommends that pregnant mothers drink raw milk and skip the vitamin K shot for their newborns.[2][3]

Kresser advertises himself as a "health detective".[4]

Icehaven

I love it, I think it's beautiful, needs sauce though.
What else would work then? Preferably something else that needs to boil for the same amount of time as the pasta, or at least won't be spoiled by it. Meatballs? Really massive asparagus?

wooders1978

The bits of spaghetti that are inside the 'furters will remain uncooked, for sure

Icehaven

Quote from: wooders1978 on June 15, 2019, 06:53:54 PM
The bits of spaghetti that are inside the 'furters will remain uncooked, for sure

DON'T SPOIL IT

idunnosomename

Quote from: Twed on June 15, 2019, 03:58:01 PM
On top of all the horror, just imagine how those boiled-for-11-minutes-in-starchy-water hot dogs taste. I'm pretty sure the edges of the ones in that picture have become FOAM.
this is why I cook the spaghetti separately then thread it throw each uncooked dog bit with a needle

bgmnts

Quote from: wooders1978 on June 15, 2019, 06:53:54 PM

The correct term is molto al dente.

Cold Meat Platter

I think you could make a great edible Newton's cradle-like thing from these. And then throw it straight in the bin.

touchingcloth

mothman

It looks like Dr. Zoidberg having brain surgery.