Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,347
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:22:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Slang words and phrases from your youth

Started by gib, June 15, 2019, 12:00:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hummingofevil

Sorry to even acknowledge her existence but this tweet from Isabel Oakeshott really is the smartest thing she has ever written (which, tbf, is hardly a high bar).

https://twitter.com/IsabelOakeshott/status/1140585213862584320

Whoever becomes PM it is Farage in charge and they all know it; that is why the likes of Johnny Mercer are shitting their pants. If Brexit happens to the satisfaction of Farage he will fuck off into early retirement and continue to stir shit from the side. If it doesn't then The Brexit Party are back to park their tanks, ironically enough, on the lawns of Conservative Local Associations up and down the country. He can't lose.

Where that leaves the rest of us fuck knows but the BEST option has to be the right wing imploding on each other.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

^ think that might be in the wrong thread
( you Joey. )

Morrison Lard

I dunno.
All the cool kids in the playground were quoting Isabel Oakeshott tweets when I were a lad.

buttgammon

Quote from: hummingofevil on June 17, 2019, 07:02:36 PM
Definitely latter two but jacuzzi is new one on me. One that was very specific was that there was group of lads in St.Davids around 1993 who would call everyone and everything "a fucking Sznerch" after all round pretty nice fella and materials teacher Mr Bruno Sznerch. There is reference to him here when he must have moved on to Clywedog to get a promotion.

https://www.leaderlive.co.uk/news/15943122.olympic-hero-tom-a-hit-with-wrexham-school-pupils/

The fucking Sznerch.

I'm fairly sure jacuzzi was peculiar to me and my friends, to be fair.

Mr Sznerch taught me, and I think he's friends with my aunt and uncle. Top bloke.

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on June 17, 2019, 11:20:48 AM
something the three of us in my band use to this day, which was peculiar to a very small area of teesside in the 70s, is saying 'slips' when one breaks wind.

I'm from the same neck on the woods but I remember it as "sibs" rather than "slips". Also, it never caught on among my peers and can only recall it being said on a limited number of occasions.

bgmnts

The gogs have some odd slang, aye.

Do the English say chopsin' and tampin'? Pretty common growing up here.

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on June 17, 2019, 11:20:48 AM
something the three of us in my band use to this day, which was peculiar to a very small area of teesside in the 70s, is saying 'slips' when one breaks wind.

...and the name of his band?

The Slips

phes

Mac: dodgy/bad/suspicious/low quality

There was a cafe in Portsmouth city center called Macari's that a friend swore he had never and would never ever set foot in on account of the name. Yes, I was friends with Jay from the inbetweeners

Layx: the opposite of Mac. Straight up great.

Weeee: response/acknowledgement to something surprising or dodgy e.g. hearing someone had cheated on a partner

I think these are Portsmouth specific

beanheadmcginty

Ura (pronounced oorah): any pictorial description of a penis. Derived from the one desk in a classroom at our school which had "U R A" (you are a) and an arrow pointing to a huge veiny prehensile cock sketched out in black marker pen.