Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:00:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Rolling Gunner

Started by The Boston Crab, June 15, 2019, 09:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Best Switch horizontal shmup is finally out in the West this Thursday. Here's my best run on Stage One. Best score I've seen anywhere for this stage.

https://youtu.be/JI05nsny2Mo

Three sentences with best in them says everything about Rolling Gunner.

Mad that this never got any replies. Best shmup on the Switch probably, the closest thing to a Cave game on the system because it's made by an ex-Cave dev

Kelvin

I looked into it, as I like these kinds of shooters, albeit in a much more casual way than you. However, the combo of it looking really ugly and really, really hard stopped me from buying. I've still got it on my eshop watch list in case it comes up in a sale.

OK cool. It does look like it's two or three gens old but that's kind of a rare aesthetic these days so I quite like it in a way. I totally get where you're coming from though. As for the gameplay, there are Novice and Casual modes which are both really good fun and not insulting or boring like a lot of easy modes. To be honest, Casual is probably Normal mode in most games. Normal is a challenge.

Kelvin

Quote from: The Boston Crab on October 05, 2019, 01:52:03 PM
OK cool. It does look like it's two or three gens old but that's kind of a rare aesthetic these days so I quite like it in a way. I totally get where you're coming from though. As for the gameplay, there are Novice and Casual modes which are both really good fun and not insulting or boring like a lot of easy modes. To be honest, Casual is probably Normal mode in most games. Normal is a challenge.

Ah, if it's got baby modes maybe I will give it a go after all. I'm someone who likes the visceral satisfaction of blasting thousands of lasers into a boss' flickering weak-points, rather than someone who enjoys dancing through microscopic gaps in enemy lasers.

I've finished Link's Awakening now, anyway, so I'm on the lookout for a shorter, more disposable experience before Luigi's Mansion later in the month. I'll see how much it's going for this week.