Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:30:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Never Getting Married

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, June 18, 2019, 09:34:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

Quote from: zomgmouse on June 18, 2019, 12:58:44 PM
Yes but think of the canapés

Here, canapés are sofas.  I couldn't manage one myself.  Don't think I'd even want to if I'm honest.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

If I were to get married, I'd be expecting Elder Sumo Prophecy to be my Best Man. He'd give a right good speech, interspersed with gifs of Her Who Plays Villanelle ,which he'd skilfully display with the click of a hand-held mouse.
Everyone from Cab would be invited, too (apart from Small Man Big Horse and madhair60, orbviously, as they're a pair of cunts). The band hired for the reception would play cover versions of songs by The Fall, Half Man Half Biscuit and Kunt and the Gang.

It would be a lovely day, wouldn't it?

I am a tragic individual

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on June 18, 2019, 01:06:15 PM
If I were to get married, I'd be expecting Elder Sumo Prophecy to be my Best Man. He'd give a right good speech, interspersed with gifs of Her Who Plays Villanelle ,which he'd skilfully display with the click of a hand-held mouse.
Everyone from Cab would be invited, too (apart from Small Man Big Horse and madhair60, orbviously, as they're a pair of cunts). The band hired for the reception would play cover versions of songs by The Fall, Half Man Half Biscuit and Kunt and the Gang.

I am a tragic individual

Rictus smiles all day long.

Twit 2

I am a tragic individual

No it would be a NAPALM of a wedding, only more toxic.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

My name is Elderly Sumo Prophecy, not Elder, but you may address me as either Sir or Colonel.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Twit 2 on June 18, 2019, 01:11:33 PM
No it would be a NAPALM of a wedding, only more toxic.

Right, you're not getting an invite either.
Honestly, is there any need for this sort of thing?

Danger Man

If I were to get married, I'd be expecting Elder Sumo Prophecy to be my Best Man.

Can I be the worst man?

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Buelligan on June 18, 2019, 09:44:52 AM
I'm married and so is my wife.

Well, I'm not married and neither is my wife.

Quote from: Pijlstaart on June 18, 2019, 10:09:15 AM
No-one has asked to marry me, not even the most vulnerable in society. It is the least they could do for me, and an insult. You bruise my ego, I bruise your face, capiche!?

We must all be married, I say, a heaving sticky web, pulsating and shrieking, together forever.

You sure know how to sweet talk a guy. The answer is yes!

Quote from: Bazooka on June 18, 2019, 10:46:18 AM
Unless your willing to worship me like a god, I will not put a ring on your finger.

Same, although the conditions are more to do with personal hygiene when it comes to whether I'll put my finger in someone else's ring.

Quote from: Danger Man on June 18, 2019, 01:19:26 PM
Can I be the worst man?

You already are, ahahaha! (you set 'em up, etc.)

Alberon

My sister and her partner have been together longer than I've known my wife. They have a kid but have no intention of getting married (to each other, not the kid (that would be illegal)).

I've no idea if they have any legal documents in place in case they break up or one of them dies.

Small Man Big Horse

I am a tragic individual

I'd gatecrash the wedding and fuck the bridegroom.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Danger Man on June 18, 2019, 10:26:05 AM
In a shocking twist, my wife is real but I'M PRETEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what you're telling us is that you are actually your wife?

Alberon

Don't tell Graham Linehan.

Ambient Sheep

Yes, that would be Dangerous indeed.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on June 18, 2019, 03:09:15 PM
Yes, that would be Dangerous indeed.

Oh, Man, you're right there !
(Pretty weak stuff,  I agree. Was going to write a response involving that Welsh Prog-Rock group from the 1970s, but in the end simply couldn't be fucked. )

Konki

I am a tragic individual

I'm only coming if you can guarantee strong-armed men with filthy, hairy arseholes. Will you be providing wedding lube?

Janie Jones

Lordofthefiles

Me and my missus had been bumbling along together for 15 year then one Valentine's Day (we don't DO Valentine's Day) I came home from work and there were candles and stuff everywhere, she handed me a glass of champagne with a strawberry in it (no idea!) and led me into the living room whereupon she proposed to me (apparently wimmin can do that on a Valentine's Day when it's a leap year - who knew?!).
Anyways, I said "yes" (at that point I had already considered myself married for some time, all be it without a metal ring on me trotter).

So we planned a wedding, she did most of the work but I chipped in and did my bit.

The day came, glorious sunshine all day, all of our family and friends, and work people, and everyone else we liked was there, my dad was my best man (cos he really is the best man I've ever met), we spent a fortune on the meal and booze and generally making sure everyone have a good time.
...And do you know what, because neither of us wear different masks in the different departments of our lives, there was no Fawlty Towers style farce keeping people apart or putting on any performances, and everyone that was there got on like they'd known each other all their lives.
Love, dancing and laughter from beginning to end.

It truly was the best day of my life.
It was like a living manifestation of the Talking Heads song "Heaven" but with all of the sarcasm drained out of it - fucking brill it was.

Unfortunately for this cynical thread, and despite "Life", we're still happy and bumbling along.

Just thought I'd add a bit of balance for LisaJMC.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I think I just threw up a bit in my mouth.

Lordofthefiles

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Alright, there's spew everywhere.

Danger Man

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on June 18, 2019, 09:34:34 PM
I think I just threw up a bit in my mouth.

I just threw up in my wife's mouth but that's ok because she's a bit kinky that way and doesn't exist.

mothman

That's lovely, Lotf. Ignore that mean Lisa J&MC. He's just dead inside, is all.

If I'd never got married I would have got up to all kinds of stupid shit and probably be in prison now for doing something really bad. When or if my wife dies first, I won't hold back. I can't die slowly clinging to life. I'll seize my death freedom but do some really bad stuff first.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Beagle 2 on June 18, 2019, 11:30:01 AM
This is my current wife ha ha

Yeah we get it, you're married to the sea.

Buelligan

Quote from: Lordofthefiles on June 18, 2019, 09:25:36 PM...It truly was the best day of my life...

That's beautiful, man, very, very, happy for you.

Danger Man

Quote from: The Boston Crab on June 18, 2019, 10:21:12 PM
When or if my wife dies first, I won't hold back. I can't die slowly clinging to life. I'll seize my death freedom but do some really bad stuff first.

You're talking rapes, aren't you?

Twed

Quote from: madhair60 on June 18, 2019, 10:31:38 AM
Fucking stew on it.
You should make this your catchphrase and get it printed on a shirt like Disco Stu. Point at your back with your thumbs when challenged.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: mothman on June 18, 2019, 10:20:59 PM
That's lovely, Lotf. Ignore that mean Lisa J&MC. He's just dead inside, is all.

You are on record as not finding Her Who Plays Villanelle attractive, so I'm afraid this invalidates any views you may have on anything whatsoever.

imitationleather

Quote from: The Boston Crab on June 18, 2019, 10:21:12 PM
If I'd never got married I would have got up to all kinds of stupid shit and probably be in prison now for doing something really bad. When or if my wife dies first, I won't hold back. I can't die slowly clinging to life. I'll seize my death freedom but do some really bad stuff first.