Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:04:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Toast

Started by Cerys, June 18, 2019, 01:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is best toast?

Toast
4 (17.4%)
Toast
5 (21.7%)
Toast
3 (13%)
Toast
8 (34.8%)
Toast
6 (26.1%)
Toads
4 (17.4%)
An tOast
8 (34.8%)
Töst
3 (13%)
PG Tips:  It's The Toast!
3 (13%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Cerys

It's great, isn't it?  Imagine being the person who invented toast.  You'd feel like a motherfucking god.

Chollis

Probably the best thing ever. I'd like to see which countries eat the most of it, we've got to be up there Clive.

bgmnts

I am one of those cunts who likes soft toast. Can't stand crunchy toast. I know it defeats the whole purpose of toast but fuck jt.

Also, from Wiki, what:

QuoteToast has been used as an element of American haute cuisine since at least the 1850s.

imitationleather

I make my toast in the microwave.

Cerys

Quote from: Chollis on June 18, 2019, 01:48:00 PM
Probably the best thing ever. I'd like to see which countries eat the most of it, we've got to be up there Clive.

You may well be right.  And the scent of it!  If I could be surrounded by the scent of toast forever, I'd consider that a win.  Even burnt toast smells great.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Cerys on June 18, 2019, 01:46:24 PM
It's great, isn't it?  Imagine being the person who invented toast.  You'd feel like a motherfucking god.

Prometheus invented toast. And now he's dead.

poo

butter on toast great
cheese on toast great
jam on toast great
marmite on toast great
avocado on toast grave

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Do other countries eat toast? I don't think I've ever seen an American in a film put a slice of bread in a toaster, it's always a Pop Tart.

bgmnts

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on June 18, 2019, 02:01:03 PM
Do other countries eat toast? I don't think I've ever seen an American in a film put a slice of bread in a toaster, it's always a Pop Tart.

That's because its haute cuisine apparently.

gilbertharding

You might say... it's the best thing since... sliced bread.

Neville Chamberlain

Norwegians may not be the brightest people, but they eat an awful lot of toast! According to a study commissioned by the Financial Times, the average Norwegian eats 23 blue whales' worth of toast in just six months - that's enough toast to fill an area the size of Belgium 18 times over in just fifteen years. Or, to put it another way, if you were to turn a Norwegian full of toast upside down and lay him end to end with every other Norwegian who's eaten toast, they would stretch from La Paz in Bolivia all the way to a point just east of the Society Islands in the South Pacific 63 times.

So the next time you see a Norwegian, don't mock them for their limited intelligence or ludicrous clothing - instead, congratulate them on their tremendous toast consumption! Vel bekomme!

Chollis

Cerys

Quote from: checkoutgirl on June 18, 2019, 01:54:37 PM
Prometheus invented toast. And now he's dead.

Not just dead - having his liver repeatedly torn out and eaten by an eagle.  I bet that eagle wishes that Prometheus' liver was made of toast.  Prometheus probably wishes that, too.  'I wish my liver was made of toast,' he says, as the eagle slurps down gobbets of his untoast liver.  'I wish it was made of toast.'

Norton Canes

Cerys

To ast, shurely?

poo

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Chollis on June 18, 2019, 02:05:02 PM

By the time you've finished putting all that shit on it, the toast has gone cold and manky. What is the fucking point?

Inspector Norse

Also they must have really shaky hands. Half the shit has missed the toast and landed on the table. My three-year-old daughter leaves the table in a better state.

Cerys

Quote from: Inspector Norse on June 18, 2019, 02:10:22 PMthe toast has gone cold

I really like cold toast.  One of my favourite foods when I was a kid was cold burnt toast with a thick slathering of butter on it.  Just lightly burned, mind.  Not charcoal.  The great thing about cold toast is that it doesn't melt the butter - hot buttered toast is lovely stuff, but sometimes the gentle kiss of cool, creamy butter on crunchy toast is just ... mmmmm.

Quote from: Cerys on June 18, 2019, 01:46:24 PM

For me it's like the Ian Curtis/ Love Will Tear Us Apart becoming a hit single thing just after his death. It does seem tragic how much toast-related paraphernalia there is now when toast's inventor is probably no longer with us. I hope it wasn't suicide, especially if following too many odd looks while making toast, or maybe even a harrowing fire that led to the death of his entire family.

An observation I've made also - have you noticed that bad bread makes good toast, but good bread makes bad toast? It's a kind of late Lee Evans sort of observation, in that it is untrue and annoying because of this. It seemed to be true to me at one point, but I continued to collate data and found I had been seduced by an early impression.

I no longer eat it myself because I am trying for weight purposes to give up all the things that will allow me to carry on drinking heavily - though I have found that as a result of this I look so rough constantly that no pub will believe I am sober and serve me, even at 11.30 a.m.

I expect this will iron itself out somehow.

boki

Quote from: Cerys on June 18, 2019, 02:05:15 PM
Not just dead - having his liver repeatedly torn out and eaten by an eagle.

I wouldn't like to see his ghost.

Cerys

Not even if his liver were toast?

Quote from: Unnecessary Biscuits on June 18, 2019, 02:32:14 PM
I expect this will iron itself out somehow.

My parents used to make toast using the iron when they were first married.  There's a profound message there, somewhere.

New folder

Quote from: boki on June 18, 2019, 02:35:03 PM
I wouldn't like to see his ghost.

Perhaps he's watching you wank already.

boki

Quote from: Cerys on June 18, 2019, 02:35:12 PM
Not even if his liver were toast?

I might just about stomach the sight if I had the evening news as a distraction.

paruses

Quote from: Cerys on June 18, 2019, 02:31:55 PM
I really like cold toast.  One of my favourite foods when I was a kid was cold burnt toast with a thick slathering of butter on it.  Just lightly burned, mind.  Not charcoal.  The great thing about cold toast is that it doesn't melt the butter - hot buttered toast is lovely stuff, but sometimes the gentle kiss of cool, creamy butter on crunchy toast is just ... mmmmm.

I thought I was the only person who felt like this.

Norton Canes

Quote from: Cerys on June 18, 2019, 02:31:55 PM
I really like cold toast.  One of my favourite foods when I was a kid was cold burnt toast with a thick slathering of butter on it.  Just lightly burned, mind.  Not charcoal.  The great thing about cold toast is that it doesn't melt the butter - hot buttered toast is lovely stuff, but sometimes the gentle kiss of cool, creamy butter on crunchy toast is just ... mmmmm

I usually let the toast cool slightly so the butter doesn't go all runny.

I've literally just now bought myself a brand new toaster. It's smaller than my old one, takes up a lot less space. The new fad is having them away in a cupboard but I can't be doing with that.

Twed

Toaster oven, much better. It's like a toaster but with none of the rules. Reheat lasagne in it, the police won't even come.

imitationleather

I get my toast off Deliveroo.

Chollis

Oh I toast all my bread on the AGA, naturally