Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 08:39:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Canary Wharf

Started by Zetetic, June 18, 2019, 10:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zetetic

Waiting to head on to the tower hamlets. Dropping eaves. Perhaps we can keep this place empty or as a mausoleum, the lights finally off.

touchingcloth

Mass cumshots from every window onto the central plaza.

alan nagsworth

Worst place for trying to find your way about on the map on your smartphone, signal's fucked. Also worst place because it's full of absolute fucking city bellsprouts. Hey let's get out of Canary Wharf it's full of city bellsprouts, can't be that hard to find somewhere better can it? Five minutes down the road should do it! OH LOOK BILLINGSGATE FISH MARKET. FUCKING REEKS OF FISH AND FULL OF SEAGULLS GREAT

Ray Travez

'Wharf' is a lovely word. Very satisfying.

Not a fan of the building. Many better wharfs around. Love a good wharf, me.

BlodwynPig

As the great poet B. T. Boar once wrote

"I hope never to arrive
   in Canary Wharf"

Hat FM

surprisingly good cinema tucked away there. best only visited at the weekend obvs.

imitationleather

Quote from: Hat FM on June 19, 2019, 10:50:23 AM
surprisingly good cinema tucked away there. best only visited at the weekend obvs.

Are you referring to the Cineworld?

Sebastian Cobb

I bet one of the screen just shows The Fountainhead on repeat

Paul Calf

The building's called One Canada Square. The area is Canary Wharf.

Happy to help.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Ray Travez on June 18, 2019, 11:04:12 PM
'Wharf' is a lovely word. Very satisfying.

Not a fan of the building. Many better wharfs around. Love a good wharf, me.

Norton Canes

Huh! What is he good for?

poodlefaker

I was once on one of them Thames riverboat trips and the bullshitter doing the commentary told us that "wharf" is an abbreviation for "warehouse at riverfront". Why bother?

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: poodlefaker on June 19, 2019, 11:52:51 AM
I was once on one of them Thames riverboat trips and the bullshitter doing the commentary told us that "wharf" is an abbreviation for "warehouse at riverfront". Why bother?

bored and wanted to see what they could get away with

willpurry

Quote from: Paul Calf on June 19, 2019, 11:24:28 AM
The building's called One Canada Square. The area is Canary Wharf.

Happy to help.

Canary Wharf is a mettynim or a cynic's docky or something.

Icehaven

Quote from: poodlefaker on June 19, 2019, 11:52:51 AM

I was on a dinky dooey miniature railway in the Lake District years ago and the driver/tour guide started loudly bragging about how he ''regularly'' (i.e. probably nearly once) fooled American tourists into thinking Harry Potter was real, as if we were all going to go ''Haha good, stupid Americans, we hate them too'' rather than ''Well that's a fine way to treat your bread-and-butter, isn't it brother?'' Which we also didn't do but did think.

Hat FM

Quote from: imitationleather on June 19, 2019, 10:50:58 AM
Are you referring to the Cineworld?

yeah. I've only been once so maybe "surprisingly good" is an overstatement?

Paul Calf

Quote from: willpurry on June 19, 2019, 01:38:46 PM
Canary Wharf is a mettynim or a cynic's docky or something.

That's a very interesting way of spelling 'wrong'. :p

baptist

Mockney rhyming slang for a short person.

imitationleather

Quote from: Hat FM on June 19, 2019, 02:29:31 PM
yeah. I've only been once so maybe "surprisingly good" is an overstatement?

Nah, it's not bad for a Cineworld. Probably a bit shit at peak times because of the people who generally go to Cineworlds, but I used to go to that one a lot when I had an unlimited card and so would go see a stupid amount of films f'something to do. It's pretty much empty during the day, which was a boon for me.

Gerald Fjord

get yourself down to mudchute city farm mate, have a little go of an alpaca, forget about this tawdry workaday wharf.

imitationleather

Quote from: Gerald Fjord on June 19, 2019, 02:55:22 PM
get yourself down to mudchute city farm mate, have a little go of an alpaca, forget about this tawdry workaday wharf.

It was in that farm where I first decided that folk who go on about how disgusting pigs are may have a point.

gilbertharding

It wasn't popular until they changed its name from Cannery Wharf, mind you.

It's quite interesting getting the tube through there at rush hour - you see that everyone's formed proper queues for the doors. You wonder if it's something to do with the type of person using the station. Then, if you ever stop to get out, you realise it's because it's one of the only stations on the network with enough room on the platforms. Actually, the station is an amazing space (going to show what difference ££££ can make).

shiftwork2

Is it full of canaries or is it just full of TWATS

BlodwynPig

Goldentony

Went to see Soft Cell at the O2 in September and drank about 9 or 10 of those 2 pinters of piss they sell, first time in London for a jaunt rather than a gig or something so both of us knew fuck all about the area and pissed as all fucking hell being lead home by a lovely Cyprus born taxi driver who stopped for us in the middle of fuck knows where rather than going ERE THE FACKIN RANK INNA O2 SQUIRE GO THERE COR BLIMEY DO WHAT HAVE A PORTION DIDNT YOU KILL MY BROTHER which had about 3000 people in hence fucking off.

Anyway, we drove past a takeaway on the way back, got to the posh hotel and go FUCK ME WE NEED FOOD HAHAHA and walk off in what we assumed was the right direction based on utter fuck all and for around 1 and a half hours Monday morning we ended up walking around Canary Wharf looking at a GPS that had no fucking idea where we were trying to find a take away in a closed set of skyscrapers. It was empty, silent and eventually felt like being in the video to Gotta Get Thru This by Daniel Bedingfield. We didn't find fuck all to eat, and eventually walked back the way we came which took anothrt 45 minutes or so by which point we'd both sobered up very, very quickly and wanted to try and get to sleep before the check out.

24 hour newsagents on the way back, then two full english breakfasts at the hotel buffet in the morning but DO YOU KNOW WHAT the breakfasts cost hey? FORTY ARSEWIPING SHITTERS

Icehaven

This is the place you're all on about right?

Have to say it's not glamorous as I was expecting.

Goldentony

Thankfully didn't try and navigate the tube either, overground and bus all the way, I cannot stand the tube sorry, the people just never stop, they never fucking end. It's like Theme Hospital.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Goldentony on June 19, 2019, 04:08:49 PM
Went to see Soft Cell at the O2 in September and drank about 9 or 10 of those 2 pinters of piss they sell, first time in London for a jaunt rather than a gig or something so both of us knew fuck all about the area and pissed as all fucking hell being lead home by a lovely Cyprus born taxi driver who stopped for us in the middle of fuck knows where rather than going ERE THE FACKIN RANK INNA O2 SQUIRE GO THERE COR BLIMEY DO WHAT HAVE A PORTION DIDNT YOU KILL MY BROTHER which had about 3000 people in hence fucking off.

Anyway, we drove past a takeaway on the way back, got to the posh hotel and go FUCK ME WE NEED FOOD HAHAHA and walk off in what we assumed was the right direction based on utter fuck all and for around 1 and a half hours Monday morning we ended up walking around Canary Wharf looking at a GPS that had no fucking idea where we were trying to find a take away in a closed set of skyscrapers. It was empty, silent and eventually felt like being in the video to Gotta Get Thru This by Daniel Bedingfield. We didn't find fuck all to eat, and eventually walked back the way we came which took anothrt 45 minutes or so by which point we'd both sobered up very, very quickly and wanted to try and get to sleep before the check out.

24 hour newsagents on the way back, then two full english breakfasts at the hotel buffet in the morning but DO YOU KNOW WHAT the breakfasts cost hey? FORTY ARSEWIPING SHITTERS

You had breakfast in your hotel?

Wan baaawn every bladdy minute, squire. Seen you fackin' cammin'.

Goldentony

we thought it was included and got about halfway through it til one of the ponces working there clocked us and went AH SEE IT ISNT INCLUDED IN YOUR FUCKING POVVO PACKAGE YOU CLEARLY SHOULDNT BE HERE BOG SATYRS and when he let the price out we both had to compose ourselves silently and go yeah thats fine mate yeah