Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:59:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Canary Wharf

Started by Zetetic, June 18, 2019, 10:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Paul Calf on June 19, 2019, 04:22:47 PM
You had breakfast in your hotel?

Wan baaawn every bladdy minute, squire. Seen you fackin' cammin'.

Are you talking to the ghost of GoldenTony? Dead on escalator at only 29, after breakfast price shock.

Sony Walkman Prophecies

Can I just say I've never understood a single post Zetetic has ever made on this forum? All I got was 'Canary Wharf'. I'll try harder next time.

a duncandisorderly

the telly company I used to work for was originally at the location where the big tower is now, & was famed in the 80s as the location of a show called 'network 7', amongst other things. perhaps not surprisingly, the company was called 'limehouse tv'.

after a brisk & huge CPO, limehouse tv moved into the old lee international studios at wembley, & also took up residence in rented space in the west end (the bit where I worked mostly).

there's a suspicion that the people who built the original studios knew all along that olympia & york had their eye on the site, & that there was a sizeable profit made with the compulsory purchase, part of which was to compensate clients who had to make their shows elsewhere for a brief period.

mojo filters

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on June 19, 2019, 05:06:24 PM
the telly company I used to work for was originally at the location where the big tower is now, & was famed in the 80s as the location of a show called 'network 7', amongst other things.

Network 7 was a fucking brilliant show! Others tried to copy the format as I recall, but never succeeded.

Everything on C4 Sunday mornings just went downhill after that. Admittedly I loved Dawson's Creek - first watched it with my then-girlfriend and smiled. Then she left me, and I shed tears to Eva Cassidy's cover of Fields of Gold and Mary Beth Mariaz (sp?) covering Daydream Believer.

After that I just remember the lovely Miquita Oliver, who I subsequently bumped into rather randomly at various raves and free parties - she seemed to love that scene, though I was saddened to hear her career lost its mojo around the same time.