Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 04:38:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Astroneer - now on Game Pass

Started by Barry Admin, June 20, 2019, 01:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

Been dying to play this for ages, preferably with a big bong, as I've heard it's really chilled and relaxing. Just finished the tutorial, and looking forward to getting cracking on the main game.

To be fair, it was a little fiddly at first, especially getting the tethering working right, but I soon got it sorted. Seems a lot of people just have given up though, as competing the tutorial is a rare achievement only 8.5% of gamers have managed.

Evidently takes a lot of inspiration from No Man's Sky, with a similar hoovering dynamic for resource gathering.

Only a 2 GB download as well! Definitely one to try out, it has bundles of charm for sure. 

Jerzy Bondov

Cheers Barry I'll give this a go. Determined to extract maximum value from Game Pass before the £1 month ends

Barry Admin

It's great so far, reminds me of first playing Minecraft, obviously another big influence there. It all just pleasingly makes sense, it's not hard to figure or at all. Things a lot together, if you hover over things you get more info, and there's a real sense of exploration and wondering what's around the corner.

Just still working my way up the tech tree, printing out progressively bigger and better stuff. Lovely.

BeardFaceMan

Just had a go on this, couldnt even complete the tutorial, couldn't work out how to build a small generator.

Barry Admin

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on June 21, 2019, 09:56:17 PM
Just had a go on this, couldnt even complete the tutorial, couldn't work out how to build a small generator.

B to bring up backpack, left and right on dpad to choose recipe. Hover over the silhouette on the bottom left and it'll tell you what resource you need, which is compound. Hoover up compound, go to backpack again and press A twice.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Barry Admin on June 22, 2019, 02:11:14 PM
B to bring up backpack, left and right on dpad to choose recipe. Hover over the silhouette on the bottom left and it'll tell you what resource you need, which is compound. Hoover up compound, go to backpack again and press A twice.

Hehe I tried all that, it was fucking maddening, I couldn't work out how to get the compound I needed to make it. I hoovered up everything in sight, smelted everything I could and I still didn't have the right ingredient. My xbox died so I'm playing on the PC if that makes any difference.

Jerzy Bondov

Add me to the list of people who didn't get through the tutorial. Not my cup of tea. 'collect this stuff to make a thing that needs you to collect more stuff so you can make another thing' I can see why that loop attracts some people but after Minecraft I've had enough. Looked nice though.

I knew it probably wouldn't be my cup of tea but worth a try anyway.