Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:22:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Which character has been played by the highest number of actors?

Started by thecuriousorange, June 20, 2019, 09:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Vito Don Corleone?

Ernst Blofeld?

A figure from history/religion/myths?

chveik

Dr Rock

I was going to say Scrooge and Draclia too. ffs.

The Devil then.

Good, but I think Santa Claus is a stronger contender. John Connor from the Terminators has been at least five actors and they are all amazingly in the same continuety.

Phil_A

I imagine there's been a shitload of Jesus's, fackin millions of them.

Yeah, I'd go Holmes as well. There's been a fuckton of films about Wong Fei Hung though so he could be a dark horse.

Dr Rock

chveik

Absorb the anus burn

Dr Rock

Inspector Norse

Tossup between 'Barmaid' and 'Police Officer' I reckon.

Puce Moment

It's probably someone that was played tons of times in hundreds of silent films that nobody has seen, or don't exist anymore. On that basis, I'm going to go for Scrooge. Has to be.

Brundle-Fly

Dr Rock

You name any year in cinema history, someone somewhere will be playing the devil. I'll pick one at random, 1987 -

The Witches of Eastwick
French film Under the Sun of Satan which I can't tell if actually has him in it, possibly.
Planes, Trains & Automobiles

Angel Heart
Prince of Darkness
Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXYzxiS3KrY
and probably more, especially never remembered horror movies with a satanic element. Plus possibly some of them Christian movies

Scrooge-Count 1987 = 1. Scrooge McDuck but only on the telly. And arguably not Scrooge anyway.

beanheadmcginty

Dr Rock

The correct answer is "Gandhi mourner"

QuoteThe record for most extras is with 1982 classic Gandhi, which used over 300,000 extras for the funeral scene. IMDb Trivia snippet: 300,000 extras appeared in the funeral sequence. About 200,000 were volunteers and 94,560 were paid a small fee (under contract).

St_Eddie

Quote from: St_Eddie on June 21, 2019, 02:47:24 AM
That doesn't count, as it's not a single character.

If you read the script it clearly specifies that they are all avatars of the Hindu god Vishnu.

Dr Rock

zomgmouse

Dumbo the elephant. Little-known fact but there's actually an appearance by Dumbo in every single film ever made. It's a legality.

To all you Scrooge people: Surely the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Future are in every adaptation, making it a draw.