Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:29:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Talk to Transformer - shockingly accurate neural network text predicting thingy

Started by Tikwid, June 21, 2019, 03:04:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

willpurry

Tried GF Newman's books.

Sir, You Bastard
You Nice Bastard
You Flash Bastard
  Bastard
You Bastard  Bastard
You Bastard  Bastard  Lol Bastard
Lol Bastard  Bastard
You Bastard  Bastard  Lol Boy Bastard 
Lol Boy Bastard
Fuck That Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard Bastard
[You hear, my dear friend, that those in charge of this little project aren't even aware of any of your existence, let alone their existence. You'd think, the bastard, that there's no way he'd notice the existence of such a place, that they'd let their own work stand, only to make up a story for themselves in the aftermath, but they haven't forgotten your existence. It is as if you don't exist. It goes on and on and on.]
No, you don't need a map, just a bit of information, but that doesn't mean that I can't give you some.
The map you're looking for is the location of your little base of operations

olliebean

Gave it a couple of goes at James Joyce.

Stately, plump Buck Mulligan came from the stairhead, bearing a bowl of lather on which a mirror and a razor lay crossed. A yellow dressinggown, ungirdled, was sustained gently behind him on the mild morning air. He held the bowl aloft and intoned:
—Introibo ad altare Dei.

"O God, thou art worthy!" And he began to sing.
The lather poured down upon the razor, then, and he cut the mirror to its glassy mirror.
"O God, thou art worthy!"
Then he put the bowl upon one foot and drew forth the razor.
He stretched out his arms, his thin legs quivering, before him, and prayed to his goddess.
But, she cried, she was far more precious than his beauty. She had gone before him and had been in an enchanted land of darkness. At the entrance, when the man's heart was open for the final moment, she looked out into the world at him, and from her dark eyes, the sun's brilliant glow shone into his soul as she passed.
"Let me kiss you. O Oo, thou art a very precious woman!"
His heart beat with love and he kissed her.
"I am a good friend of mine," he says now.
-----------------------------------------------

Three quarks for Muster Mark!

As the sun rose, the Muster Mark stood firm, holding its own against the relentless waves of the tide. But as dawn broke, the ocean of stars faded and its starry light was washed away into the haze. In its place was nothing but the sound of the waves on the bottom of the deep sea.

As it all became too much for the Muster Mark to cope with, it sunk to the bottom of a rocky reef. In the midst of its sleep, it discovered a new world. On the sand were dozens of tiny, delicate stars. They were, like the Muster Mark, mere quarks, but instead of a mere mass, they had energy — and more than a little matter.

The Muster Mark awoke. The stars were no longer stars. Now, they were tiny, delicate quarks of matter with more matter than the Muster Mark. The stars' energy now flowed through the planet to form giant stars, which the Muster Mark took into its belly.

They were powerful, immense stars which fed the planet with its sun energy. The Muster Mark could fly around, but it could never truly reach to the stars, for these stars must remain as they were for their own sake. The Muster Mark's starships, though they could travel through space, remained inert.

Absorb the anus burn

Doctor in the House (1954)
Doctor at Sea (1955)
Doctor at Large (1957)
Doctor in Love (1960)
Doctor in Distress (1963)
Doctor in Clover (1966)
Doctor in Trouble (1970)

Doctor of a Dangerous Past (2010)
Don't Look Now There's a Dead Doctor in the House (1954)
Doctor Dot (2009)
Doctor Earthshock (1991)
Doctor Fallacious (1961)
Doctor L for Lucy (2007)
Doctor Fight the Future (1980)
Doctor Fashion Victim (2004)

kalowski

Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Titchin, Darkside; Riddick, The Devil's Army; Big Freedia, The Red Eye; Tiki, Death Comes After Me; G.S.G.M., The Ghetto Ghost Ship; Munchkin, Stake Out the Back; H.W.S. (High School Special), Blood on the Ice; K'Kruhle, The Shadow Puppets; The Shondells, The Sun & Moon; Prowler, The Shondells; B.J.E. (Black Jeopardy), Stoned in Philadelphia; P.L. O'J. (Plush), Tribute To The Artist; S.O.M.T. (Special Offered by the Social Experiment), Shaken Hands; Jock and The Drifters, Black Metal: A Guide To Making It; Black Riff Raff, The Black Riff Raff Band; The Struts, White Rabbit Band; Dead Or Alive, The Dead Or Alive Band; Roxy Music, The Rock and Roll Hotel; A-Laugh, The Angry Nuns; Darkside, The Screaming Mothers; D.S. (Deadshot), The Dark Side of Darkness; The Black Dahlia Murder, The Black Dahlia Murder Quartet; Hov, The Heart

willpurry

Don't Look Now There's a Dead Doctor in the House (1954)

Dr Simon Sparrow and Sir Lancelot Spratt must salvage the situation when visiting Dr Pierre Splott is electrocuted just before the annual hospital inspection.
  It seems that they are in a desperate struggle but Simon sees that it's better to take it slow.  His best strategy is to take the time to let Splott see the situation before they go public.  It works because Splott is desperate to know why the doctor and the hospital are running amok and his condition has deteriorated rapidly. He's been trying to get to an electric car battery, the doctor's is inoperable and he knows that the doctors must be dead because no medical personnel have ever lived through a full-blown nuclear meltdown, much less survived.  So he orders the medical department at Fort Monosauris (the site of a previous nuclear event), to shut down the generator and use it at his hospital.  The Doctor is furious and wants to know what Simon and Lancelot have done, but the Chief Doctor, Dr Pierre Spratt, says they can't interfere with the situation because it's too dangerous and cannot be brought under control once there is a full meltdown. So it's up to Sir Lancelot to convince the Doctor to stay with the Doctor but he is just as stubborn as

willpurry

The Theory and Practice of Gamesmanship: Or the Art of Winning Games Without Actually Cheating. 1947.

Lifemanship: With a Summary of Recent Researches in Gamesmanship. 1950. I

One-Upmanship: Being Some Account of the Activities and Teachings of the Lifemanship Correspondence College of One-Upness and Games Lifemastery. 1952.

The Game of Gamesmanship: A Manual for the Perplexed.  (An earlier version of this article appeared in the Summer 1983 issue of The Gamesmanship Newsletter.)  1949.

Playful Gamesmanship (the only such book currently extant).  (An earlier version of this article appeared in the Fall 1989 issue of The Gamesmanship Newsletter.)  1998.

Game of Gamesmanship: An Illustrated Journal.  (An earlier version of this article appeared in the 1994 Newsletter, "Bibliophilic Life.") 1989.

Gamesmanship (the only such book currently extant).  (An earlier version of this article appeared in the January 1995 Newsletter, "Nakedness.") 1996.

The Game of Gamesmanship: A Manual for the Persuasion of the Player.  (An earlier version of this article appeared in the 1994 Newsletter, "Intimate Gamesmanship.")

hummingofevil

It is fucking amazing for smut. I have tidied a couple of bits up.

She reached deep inside his breeches and pulled out his enormous truncheon. Despite lacking any real experience it took only 20 seconds for him to be hard as a mule. His cock was so thick it hurt to look at it. He placed it on the countertop and removed his boots.

As her mouth moved over it she could feel the excitement flowing from her. It reminded her of her day job. Her fingers tried to get up some steam with a wet thump so he just kept thrusting.

Harry started to moan hard and it seemed like there was no slowing down. He hoped that this would never stop.

"God this is good." said Harry, his face burning blue and blood soaked with piss.

Eventually she got to the end of him and let go. He smiled as she watched his penis start to twitch  over her in time with her moans.

"Wow....thank you....thank you....". he whispered. "That's all of it! Everything I have! It's the soul of my father!"

tom_exorcisto

I've been crying with laughter using this thingy, great for some sketchy history tales.

QuoteJilly Stout was a fiery Navy Officer from Plymouth. She married Captain Bob shortly before the outbreak of WWI. She was worried that losing her husband would affect her chances of completing her degree and becoming a Navy Lieutenant. But since she was married to the best friend of the Chief of Naval Forces, she wasn't afraid to take action. She and Capt. Bob embarked aboard the Royal Navy cruiser HMS Beagle and became the first crew members from the U.S. to embark on a journey to the North Pole.

A little over a year after the battle that was to become the Great War, the HMS Beagle and the crews from the Great Britain, Germany and Holland, were finally en route to the bottom of the frozen North Pole. At 8:30PM and 4:00AM on Dec 26th, the boat arrived at an enormous site in the frigid North Pole with only 5 sailors living aboard. However, it was clear that this was only the beginning of the Great War for Britain, as on Jan 6th, 1942 the U.S. Air Force (USAF) dropped leaflets into German military headquarters about a possible American submarine attack. The U.S. Military took a series of very swift actions:

In December of 1942 the U.S. and the United Nations signed the "Peace on Earth Treaty," a peace treaty in which nations pledged to 

QuoteIn December of 1942 the U.S. and the United Nations signed the "Peace on Earth Treaty," a peace treaty in which nations pledged to continue developing their respective weapons of mass destruction against other countries in order to stop nuclear war. This agreement also granted the US and the UN exclusive enforcement of their own nuclear weapons treaties, and the countries signed a document stipulating that neither parties could violate the terms of the agreement by targeting civilians as they saw fit while both were still in nuclear war. In the end, however, the US and the UN withdrew from the pact, with the US signing the Additional Protocol with South Korea which made the Treaty into a treaty between the US and the USSR. Even today, the US continues its active involvement in negotiations with the Soviets on their next nuclear weapons delivery platforms, as well as its nuclear weapons infrastructure.

Despite these agreements, the USSR remained the world's dominant nuclear power through the nuclear arms race and for over two decades. After the Soviet Union collapsed following the collapse of the Warsaw Pact in 1989, however, U.S. and South Korean nuclear weapons continued to fall behind the US as a strategic power. It is estimated (as of 2013 or earlier) that Russia has more than 1,000 nuclear warheads with an estimated delivery time of up to 20 years, with the potential to reach over 5,000.

At this point, the US nuclear armed

Captain Bob's sad end...
QuoteCaptain Bob was a lovely, large, caring man in his late fifties. He was so sweet, so charming, softly spoken and thoughtful that everybody in the land knew him well and was always overjoyed to see him. 

"YOU FUCKIN BOLLOCKS, I'LL TEACH YOU ALL A LESSON, SOME DAY!"
Bobby screamed on one occasion, calling for a doctor's attention. He had been diagnosed with Alzheimer's.

"Don't you ever be so fucking quiet!  I'm watching you!"  Bobby screamed at an officer and was put on administrative leave. He told him he could kill himself and had a gun to his head. The officer told his family that he feared Bobby was planning an attack.

"Oh fuck you, man.  Come on, let's go home, let's get this over with.  Let's get away for a second!"  Bobby sat in the passenger seat of a blue van, which was the only thing in his family's lives that he knew didn't belong to him.

"There goes my brother.  And in case we miss the chance to get away from this house, we should never leave.  You can go right back inside."  Bobby told his mom about this plan to go into     

kalowski

Continuing the story
Quote"There goes my brother. And in case we miss the chance to get away from this house, we should never leave. You can go right back inside." Bobby told his mom about this plan to go into    the woods.  "I know you aren't ready to get into the woods to find your mom, and we will definitely keep you safe. If something does happen to me, you will always have someone by your side to look out for you. If something's happen to you, there's a little boy that will find you, and he'll find you by finding me. If you don't do anything wrong, you'll stay safe. You can go outside to get away if you have to,  if it's just me that is here."
Lizzy's parents were surprised at my mother's words.    "This is what her father says - I can get a good place. It's what you have wanted. It is where she wants you to come." She continued looking over at  "Dad, it's a good plan. All I ever had was that little house in the woods by the lake. I've always wanted to do some things with my feet outside."

hummingofevil

I am fully addicted to this. I have spent the last hour making up an biography. I present the edited version to you. I started with the original phrase and then kept feeding what came up back in and editing out bits and pieces.

---

His Cock Was So Thick You Will Miss Him When He's Gone was a 1967 world-wide hit single for the South Chicago based rhythm and blues duo, Peter and Robin, reaching number 1 in the Billboard Hot 100 Chart and number 2 in the UK.

The song was originally recorded by guitarist Peter Hargreves and his band The Redmen in 1964.

Peter established two versions of The Redmen and would record separate sessions for all of his songs, with two different versions of the lyrics, one written by both bands for each session. The two versions were never recorded and two versions of the The Redmen went on to become successful session musicians, most notably providing the backing track to the Gene Pitney classic "You Can Always Tell If Your Dad Is A Rapist."

After The Redmen had been disbanded in 1966 Peter invited Illinois session drummer Robin Johnson to record vocals on this and two other original tracks "My Love Was Great" and "'I've got a friend in The Red" so a session was arranged to take place in New York in November of that year.

During a 2004 interview with the pair on Chicago's WBEA radio, Peter recalls of that session: "When I heard the recordings I could hear myself laughing even though at the time it had no lyrics or even a song title". "We just felt like it deserved to get a proper title," says drummer Robin. "It would have gone on the album Cover to Cover if it had a title."

The pair settled on the name "Peter and Robin" and they were signed by EMI in early 1967.

The duo made their major U.S. debut in 1967 with the single reaching number 3 in its first week before sales of 500,000 copies a week saw it top the chart a month later.

According to the Chicago Tribune, the song was about "... a man with a cock like a whale."

The highlight of the bands brief period of fame came when they supported The Beatles and other rock acts performed at the University of Illinois' campus in front of an audience of 1,500 people. A huge mural of John and Paul appeared inside the venue which was later painted over.

The two were invited to perform on WBEA's "Chicago Tonight" on July 18th, 1968, at the famed "Chicago Stadium for the Pros."

On that performance Pete adds "We didn't mind it, actually, "I didn't mind the fact that there was only three guys in the audience. We thought they were just playing some kind of a trick on them."

In August 1969, the original title was taken off the radio.

In 1972 the title was changed to My First Dick to Suck (Dong-dong) and rereleased in May 1972 and the song again became a popular hit for many local stations. A new single "Hey Baby Get Me Off My Dick" was recorded but failed to sell more than a dozen copies though an original copy was recently sold at auction for over $5000.

In August, 1980, an  instrumental part in the song was featured in the coming of age musical, "The Boys Are Back to School."

On August 17, 2008, Robin's ashes were exhumed and he was interred in a private unmarked grave in South Chicago.

In January 2015 the song was sampled on Farewell Baby by Wiz Khalifa feat. Kurupt.

Absorb the anus burn

I asked Transformer to come up with some new Klaus Schulze album titles and (s)he didn't let me down:

Blackdance
Picture Music
Timewind
Moondawn
Bodylove

Skeletonface
Blacktop
Soulgarden
Bloodrage
Luv You
Xenohormone
Frost Bite
Sailormoon
Lushy
Ammo
Hoodo
Dollop
Lunar Time

Tikwid

QuoteS1E1 "A Room with an Alan"
S1E2 "Alan Attraction"
S1E3 "Watership Alan"
S1E4 "Basic Alan"
S1E5 "To Kill a Mocking Alan"
S1E6 "Towering Alan"

S2E1 "The Talented Mr Alan"
S2E2 "The Colour Of Alan"
S2E3 "Bravealan"
S2E4 "Never Say Alan Again"
S2E5 "I Know What Alan Did Last Summer"
S2E6 "Alan Wide Shut"

S3E1 "

S5E1 "The Great Alan Alan Alan Who Sued The BBC!"

S5E2 "The Alan Who Sued The BBC!"

S5E3 "Alan Who Saved Christmas"

S5E4 "The Alan Who Saved Christmas"

S5E5 "Alan Who Tamed a Dog"

S5E6 "Alan Who Tamed An Elephant"

S6E1 " The Alan Who Fought The Nazis "

S6E2 " The Alan Who Sued the Soviet Union "

S6E3 "Alan Who Stopped an Earthquake "

S6E4 "Alan Who

S1E2 "Alan Attraction"
S1E3 "Watership Alan"
S1E4 "Basic Alan"
S1E6 "Towering Alan"

S2E3 "Bravealan"
S2E6 "Alan Wide Shut"

S3E1 "

S3E2 "Alan's Story"

S3E3 "The Alan Alan Christmas"

S3E4 "I'm A Cunt"

S3E5 "The Christmas Album"

S4E1 "In the Beginning"

S4E2 "I'm Not Always Alan"

S4E3 "Polly and Alan"

S4E4 "Alan's World"

S4E5 "Alan's House, A Christmas Celebration"

S4E6 "The Alan Alan Christmas Album"

S5E1 "An Old Friend"

S5E2 "The Christmas

S1E2 "Alan Attraction"
S1E3 "Watership Alan"
S1E4 "Basic Alan"
S1E6 "Towering Alan"

S2E3 "Bravealan"
S2E6 "Alan Wide Shut"

S3E1 "

A.P.C.S. 1

S3E2 "The Alan Problem"

S3E3 "The Alan's Book"

S3E4 "Alan's Last Christmas"

S3E5 "Alan Is An Atheist"

S3E6 "Alan Is An Atheist 2"

A.P.C.S. 2

S3E3 "The Adventures of Alan and the Big Question" (S3E1) (S3E3)

S3E4 "Alan Goes Binge" (S3E3)

S3E5 "The Big Question" with

NurseNugent

All the world seems in tune on a spring afternoon when I'm poisoning pigeons in the park. There's music and laughter and, at last, I'm happy again.

I'm happy for an hour. Maybe only an hour: I like to think I've done some good and saved the rest – and, it should be said, the pigeons have probably had plenty of time in which to recover from all that stress-eating and pigeon-wrestling before today. But even so, there is something missing at a good place. What is it that is a great place for these birds, in this time of crisis?

So I ask myself. But, of course, a lot of the answers seem to me rather obvious. I'm a very ordinary, human-dominated existence. My friends are normal, normal human beings. The supermarket is the nearest thing I can recall to being normal. I am still an outsider to ordinary situations, to regular people who don't really understand what it's like to be one.

It's not easy being ordinary in life. I suppose I have spent years trying to be normal; that is, trying desperately to fit in. It's very hard. I hate being alone; I don't like meeting people when I'm alone. But I have no interest in going out; I have no time – not even at night –

Jumblegraws

Pour on the milk! The milk turns yellow! The milk turns yellow like banana milkshake! After you pour, use a spoon for a straw! Banana Bubbles, the cereal that turns bananas into sweet bananas! No sooner is this banana bubbly than you taste... More bananas! Then more bananas! And the bananas... Wait a second... I can taste bananas! Oohh... I just ate too much cake. Is it true that cake turns bananas white? I'm so full of bananas. Oh, that's sweet. Yes, sir, it is. - How come the taste is different? - This factory is entirely devoted to making you more... pleasant. Every bit as good as any human cake could be, but baked to order, no human cake could hope to be. That's why it's only available in this shape. - Why don't humans make loaves of cake? - They work too hard. Besides, they're just big fat, ugly salesmen. Why should I help them, when I can make all kinds of stuff! Well, you do have one other choice. - What else can I do? - I don't know. Try again. Why does my life suck so much? It gets much better. Are you OK? Yeah. How was your day? Nothing crazy. Me neither. Just a little nervous. If only I could

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Renton's rejected monologue from T2:

Choose life. 
Choose a job. 
Choose a career. 
Choose a family. 
Choose a fucking big television, 
Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin openers. 

Choose a fucking white suit jacket, a fucking black shirt, a fucking white jeans, and a fucking black belt. 
Choose a fucking shit ton of fucking books from Amazon. 
Choose a fucking family, and a fucking shit ton of fucking books from The New York Times, and books about cats. 
Choose your fucking car, your fucking home, your fucking kids and their fucking dog while they read one of the many "bestsellers"...
Choose your fucking family's fucking car and their fucking home while they read one of the many "bestsellers"...
Choose your fucking car and your fucking home while you read one of the many "bestsellers"...
Choose your fucking children, your fucking kids' pet, your fucking parents' pet, your fucking dogs, your fucking cats, your fucking dogs' pets, your fucking cats' pets, your fucking pets' pets, your fucking cats' pets, your fucking pets' pets, your fucking pets' pets, your fucking pets' pets, your fucking pets' pets, your fucking pets' pets, your fucking pets' pets, your fucking pets' pets, your fucking

kalowski

QuoteIf you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

Imagine walking a mile in an alien's shoes - forever

Imagine being caught by a rogue asteroid that hits the planet and swallows up life

Imagine going without food for days or worse because you're not strong enough (and maybe you shouldn't be)

Imagine being born in a house inhabited by dinosaurs - forever

Dream - A very old woman named Maria, who lives somewhere on Venus, dreams of giving birth to a son

- A very old woman named Maria, who lives somewhere on Venus, dreams of giving birth to a son The moon rises high over the ocean that's waiting for me in the corner

Dream - Sitting in a boat and watching a giant squid take off into the distance

- Sitting in a boat and watching a giant squid take off into the distance A car plows through the center of my house and crashes into a light pole with a loud crack at the end of it

- A car plows through the center of my house and crashes into a light pole with a loud crack at the end of it The wind rustles my white hair to keep it from growing in tights

Dream - Waiting to fall into a deep and endless river of stars; floating in the ocean deep below your head

nec1974

CROWLAND'S Silver Jubilee committee was finally wound up on Thursday evening with a presentation ceremony at the library.

The jubilee fund, described by chairman Frank Parnell as 'one of the finest efforts in Lincolnshire'
since it launched in 2011 was raised £300,000 in just 18 hours at a cost of about £4,000 a head.

Singing through the speakers, some of whom were chosen to deliver the jubilee fund's programme including the local Louth MP Alan Boyle were:

• John McDonnell, the Tory chairman and shadow Chancellor

• Paul Flynn

• Andrew Mitchell

• Peter Mandelson

• Jon Trickett

• Andy Burnham

• Ian Murray

• Peter Lilley

kalowski

I believe in America. America has made my fortune. And I raised my daughter in the American fashion. I gave her freedom, but -- I taught her never to dishonor her family. She found a boyfriend; not an Italian. She went to the movies with him; she stayed out late.  What would I do?  " The girl went to Italy to marry the man who married her father in the old days. How could she?  This is the girl I want to raise.  A woman who is not afraid to fight and live her life; a woman who was not afraid to say no; a woman who is an American now." Now I'm very proud of this family, this American family, and I want to raise my daughter with integrity and integrity, and not hide behind Italian stereotypes. If we did, my daughter would have never learned her lesson about love. I don't want my daughter to be embarrassed by how she dresses, if my daughter wears a skirt. She should follow my daughter.  I feel proud about this family as well. This is a family that's not afraid to get up and be a better person and speak up for what they believe in, and they want to be proud of their heritage, and I want to teach that pride, that sense of who these people truly are.

McChesney Duntz

My eyes are watering. There's a lot of dust in the air. I can't see too well anyway, 'cause I pawned my corneas two days ago to buy a pair of shoes. The replacements are cheap and ill-fitting, and the anaesthetic wears off quickly, so fifteen minutes later I'd spent all the money in a chemists on a week's supply of codeine. I'll probably lose the toe, and it won't fix the rest. It'll get worse before it gets better. So I sit quietly in the kitchen, my eyes glued to the kitchen table. The last bit I've done in a week is a quick dip of butter in the microwave, and it's already started to turn into my favourite, warm brownie flavor; it will melt right away and then I'll find myself watching a terrible movie of some kind I bought out of a book store. I'd rather go to sleep than wake up for the rest of my life. And now what? To kill my best friend? I can't even think of any sane plan other than that. So, to see if the doctor can get me out of bed right now, I sit on the kitchen floor at my desk and open my scroll of memory, clicking away as though at a message on my phone, clicking back to see a message from the hospital's e-mail.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteMay says getting things done, rather than getting them said, requires qualities that have become unfashionable.

One is being willing to compromise, she says.

She says persuasion, team work and a willingness to make concessions are features of politics at its best.

But today people are unwilling to compromise.

She says our whole political discourse seems to be heading down the wrong path.

There is an element of absolutism in this, she says.

People are losing the ability to disagree honourably.

She says the debate has descended into "rancour and tribal differences".

A lot of us are talking a lot more and we need to find our voice.

She says we need to create a more positive public mood.

That means getting us off the couch in front of our television screens, and engaging with our country.

To the degree we continue to believe that we cannot change ourselves or others, that is going to continue.

She says we need to grow our sense of our country and our communities, even if it is less successful in the short run.

Her message is simple: let's all go home.

She is the first Green candidate to speak in Canberra's historic National Gallery.

Her speech comes just days after she was named as one

garbed_attic

QuoteI get knocked down
But I get up again
You're never gonna keep me down
I get knocked down
But I get up again
You're never gonna keep me down

(Pissing the night away
Pissing the night away)

He drinks a whiskey drink
He drinks a vodka drink
He drinks a lager drink
He drinks a cider drink
He sings the songs that remind him of the good times
He sings the songs that remind him of the best times

He sings the songs that show him what he missed
He sings the songs that put things at ease
He sings the songs that show you what you've lost
The songs of his days when no one was home
He sang the songs of his days when no one in his family would listen

He sings the songs of his days where he wasn't afraid of anyone
He sang the songs of his days when he couldn't go to church
He sang the songs of his nights when he couldn't watch television
And the songs of his days when he got his teeth knocked out
The songs of his days when his mother would wake him with a bang
And the songs of his days where he was told he could not see the sun for real

I get knocked down
But I get up again

garbed_attic

QuoteI wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders

I'm the new blue blood, I'm the great white hope
I'm the new blue blood
I won't fuck us over, I'm Mr. November
I'm Mr. November, I won't fuck us over

I'm Mr. November, I'll never be free
I'm the most fucked up boy alive
I'm the most fucked up boy alive
I'm the man who brought his mom down
I'm the man who fucked up all of our childhoods
I'm the man who fucked up all of our childhoods
I'm the man who brought our fucking homes down
I'm the man who's trying to bring your wife down
I'm the man that put his hand under your pants
I'm the man to give your brother his heart
I'm the man to give your brother's mind a break
I'm the man you got to make sure you make it
I'm the man that's gotta break you down
I'm the man you need to put your hand up my ass
I'm the man that you have to take me
I'm the man that makes the rules
I'm the man all the time, you wanna stay in prison tonight?

Cursus

I don't have a problem with the overwhelming homogenous whiteness of the EU and remain campaigners. They are bourgeois, white, status quo liberals, defending their narrow privlege, so what do you expect. It's just a bit rich as they defend their white empire that they keep accusing those who don't like it of racism. They do it in order to maintain their monopoly of ideas and ideology. So just because you don't like one group doesn't mean that's the only group you have a problem with, or you'll be oppressed by any group.

"We can't say 'we're not racist because it's too hard'. You're not making a statement. 'We don't racist because someone said it'. The idea that people could be 'all white' is really stupid. We have different communities and they're different from us. We have different culture, different traditions, different social practices, different views. We all can have different views, and that's okay. But we can agree on which is correct. That's not racist if it's not racist because of one group's social practice.

You can never really be all-white. That would be kind of silly. I mean, I could be all white and I would still get offended. I think if I wanted to have all Black people in the UK then I would get upset. I think

flotemysost

This thread is absolute gold. Crying here.

Fat Les, as reimagined by Tommy Robinson supporters:

QuoteMe and me Mum and me Dad and me Gran
We're off to Waterloo
Me and me Mum and me Dad and me Gran and a bucket of Vindaloo

I'm from Waterloo

So you'll remember me

But if you don't know Me

Just remember Me

Be my friend

Be my friend Be my friend be my friend

I'm from Waterloo

Tear down that gate

Take down the fences

We need to take the country back

We need to take the county back

There's no need to talk to your mum

Or dad

Just go back to my life

That we're all grown up now

If you think that's wrong

We can't get past your country

And they'd all say,

You go to bed like a boy

Now the girls will cry in the corner

There will be no more love

Or any more love

We need to take the country back

There's no need to talk to your mum

Or dad

Just go back to my life

That we're all grown up now

If you think that's wrong

We can't get past your country

We can't take everything back

And we're going to take it together

flotemysost

Didn't even mention the Beatles but Transformer still went there.

Quotemy bum was sore. They were all like, "You're not hurting yourself!" It was one of their first times on stage."

He did, however, eventually gain some traction, particularly with the audience during the show's opening acts (which included the aforementioned, well-established group of artists). Even though he was only 26 years old, he did appear in some of Riff Raff's classic hits like "Get Paid Money," "Trap Queen" and "Trap Queen."

Although he doesn't have any plans of continuing doing solo music, Paul McCartney remains convinced that he'll never stop making music.

Quote from: Gregory Torso on June 21, 2019, 01:19:17 PM
The BBC also released a statement which read: "The BBC has confirmed that the music video for the song which appears in the episode is being made by Rammstein.

Ahh amazing.

greencalx

Wimblewrong rules

1. Each match will consist of two shots per player, except the final in which there are three shots per player.
2. The player with the opening shot (i.e. the server) can put what they want in their picture. But all subsequent pictures (i.e the return) must contain, either visually or conceptually, an element of the previous picture.
3. The pictures will be 800 x 600, or 600 x 800 pixels in size
. (If I missed something, please let us know.)
Example:
Player 1: One piece of artwork, one picture of the picture you just played. Player 2: One copy of the picture. Player 3: A second picture of the same picture. Player 1: Two pieces of artwork, one picture of the picture you just played. Player 2: One copy of the picture. Player 3: Two copies. Player 1: Three pieces of artwork, one of the picture you just played. Player 2: One copy of the picture. Player 3: Five copies. Player 1: One of the picture.
That picture
Player 3, a.k.a. "the boss."
Player 2, the server
The rules for "the boss" also apply to the boss, the player that plays the boss.
So all the boss pieces.

garbed_attic

QuoteWhen you were young, you were the king of carrot flowers
And how you built a tower tumbling through the trees
In holy rattlesnakes that fell all around your feet
And your mom would stick a fork right into daddy's shoulder
And dad would throw the garbage all across the floor
As we would lay and learn what each other's bodies were for

And our minds would be warped by pain and fear and wonder at the joy in existence
And we'd go to the church and sing songs of love to every soul on earth
And we prayed that if there was an afterlife for the devil that we'd be all right
We would say we would never forget that love was love
And as we'd grow older
We saw the devil in every form
And we hated him more and more
He would tell people that we were crazy for going there
He would come to us and tell us that he was angry with us
He would come out of nowhere and tell us that he was dead and gone
And he would tell us that he had to kill us to protect us
We had to give up our souls to him and make him ours
And that's the story of why he tried to kill us all
And he kept coming back like he was nothing to them but a trick
As we sat and prayed for him to come back

QuoteWhat a beautiful face
I have found in this place
That is circling all round the sun
What a beautiful dream
That could flash on the screen
In a blink of an eye and be gone from me

I am a bird with no ears but a tongue
I am a bird with no wings, an ear but an eye
And everything in the air is a bird
A bird with no feet but a tail
I am a bird with a tail that is a foot long
I am a bird with no feet but a tail that grows and disappears
All around the sun I am a bird with no ears but a tongue
I am a bird with no wings but a tail
I am a bird with a hand and my wings of love a tail but the tail grows and is gone,
I am a bird that grows and disappears
all around the sun
If you are watching it fly over the sun
If you are watching it fly over the sun

QuoteTwo headed boy
All floating in glass
The sun it has passed
Now it's blacker than black
I can hear as you tap on your jar
I am listening to hear where you are
I am listening to hear where you are

I believe in a man on a horse
This is how it goes
The clouds and all
All hanging on in the sky
All floating in glass
I've never been so silent
I can hear as you tap on your jar
A man who can see
A man who can hear
This is how it goes
All in time. All right I'm in time. All right we can't hear it
But you can feel its touch
He's in a box and I see him through the window

QuoteSweet communist, the communist daughter
Standing on the sea-weed water
Semen stains the mountain tops
Semen stains the mountain tops
With coca leaves along the border
Sweetness sings from every corner
Cars careening from the clouds
The bridges burst and twist around
the streets of Havana
A woman's hands are trembling, and the sky in Cuba
Citizens' teeth are showing
The streets are not deserted by the masses
Everywhere there are new voices talking
In the city hall, the house of a woman living in Havana
An old woman whose lips are dry and who looks very old,
She speaks of war, of love and of her old friend, his mother
We hear that every day, the soldiers are beating and killing
In front of our eyes a man shoots a woman with a revolver
The young boy and his grandmother are standing near the street
The youth says: "Where is my father?!"
A man is standing alone on a hill
This is Fidel Castro

Tikwid

QuoteTop 10 Edinburgh Fringe Jokes Of 2019

"If I'm not in Scotland you'll have to go find me" – Andy Williams

2. "They've got me so much worse than I already have!" – Graham Linehan

3. "To the best man, the best woman, I say: 'We've got both of them'!" – Sam Neill

4. "You might think you're the first, but look where you're come from!" – Mark Gatiss

5. "I will never ever ask my mother or father if their kids were in it! It just turns into a horrible, painful story!" – James McAvoy

6. "I don't mind if they're there for all of my children!" – Sam Neill

7. "No-one likes to be treated so badly – but if someone is doing something that makes you angry, they're a real bad mothering, just go to hell" – John Cleese

8. "What is most terrible is when you feel that you're being treated like you're just another piece on a giant piece of bread." – Mark Lewis

9. "My name is Tom and I'm in my 30s. You're not my father, you're my mother" – Andy Williams

10. "I feel awful

1. Stewart Lee:
We can't get enough of you

2. Andy Warhol: Don't you forget it's called the Fringe at all times

3. Peter Pan: Yes it is

4. Jack Kerouac: You know it means the friggity friggity friggity but also, friggity friggity friggity friggity

5. Richard Herring: A Fringe was born

6. William Shakespeare: Friggity friggity FRIGGITY FRIGGER FRIGGER FRIGER FRIGGER

1. "Doctor, doctor, I feel like a pair of
plowhands" - Miley Cyrus

2. "You are not wearing a bathing suit or a long johns, you are wearing some kind of sexy leggings" - Pharrell Williams

3. "You are the greatest DJ/vocalist/actress/composer in the world, what are you doing DJing?" - Neil Young

4. "How did that thing with his pants slip off?" - The Beach Boys "And who gave you all these tickets and all that stuff?" - John Lennon

5. "I hate it when we all want to tell you that we're sorry that someone's died but it's very difficult to do that" - John Tesh

6. "We'll have a ball next year with some of our friends... I'll be wearing this new bikini/skirt/pants combo... We'll come and have a drink or two!" - Billy Preston

7. "I can't believe they put ice cream on the floor like a man. We're the greatest fans. No one cares." - Bill Clinton

8. "I like doing a lot of stuff with my hair. It doesn't look like myself. It's been so long." - James Brown

Lordofthefiles

Friggin hell!

"...and how mat your mattress mattress this fine morning sir? [Mmmm] [moan] [giggle] And now, a kiss from you. My sexy little maid is back to get her fresh little tits and butt licked. [kiss] and, before that, a little kiss from you from above...just a lick of his balls now... [blowjob] I'm your horny wet slut you see. [blowjob] You'll be coming soon...and I'm sure you'll want to do something nice to my hard cock. And I'm going to help you by lube you up and massage your balls, but I won't tell...just your mouth for now. [moan] Don't just stare. Now we're going to do more naughty things together, like lick his balls and then blow you just like you did my little maid in the beginning... [lick] My very pet darling cock now. [lick] [blowjob] And I want to suck you...suck your hard little cock. Make me cum. Just like I'd do to his virgin girl. See? [blowjob] [giggle] Now you really love my beautiful, sweet little little mouth. I'm going to keep sucking you on your hard little body...and then I want you to come...just as my sexy little maid do when she gets into

Norton Canes

Just goes to show, if you put an infinite number of monkeys in front of an infinite number of typewriters, eventually they'll wank themselves into a frenzy