Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:21:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tory MP Mark Field grabbed a woman by the neck [split topic]

Started by finnquark, June 20, 2019, 11:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pancreas

Quote from: finnquark on June 20, 2019, 11:08:02 PM
Here's Tory MP Mark Field at the Mansion House dinner this evening: https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1141822257007910912

Fucking hell, that's clearly assault. She may even have bruises, in which case ABH.

sponk

Think a woman on Newsnight just said Cunt instead of cunt

sponk

Quote from: pancreas on June 20, 2019, 11:09:06 PM
Fucking hell, that's clearly assault. She may even have bruises, in which case ABH.

Fucking hell indeed. They just showed this on NN but I didn't see it as I was looking at my laptop and  I only heard a talking head describing it in such equivocating language "err...from what we've seen, without knowing the full context, it seems that he overreacted" (not an exact quote). Call it out for what it is.

I wonder if that MP had the recent spate of milkshaking in mind and was scared she had something similar planned and obviously wanted to save a dry cleaning bill.

jobotic

Those who were horrified at the thuggish left and their evil milkshake attacks must be needing smelling salts seeing that.

There'll be no repercussions whatsoever of course.

Someone's probably found out that she's middle class so had it coming. The class and wealth of the banquet attendees will be irrelevant of course.

This is how it is now.

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

Quote from: jobotic on June 20, 2019, 11:14:46 PM
Those who were horrified at the thuggish left and their evil milkshake attacks must be needing smelling salts seeing that.

Someone's probably found out that she's middle class so had it coming. The class and wealth of the banquet attendees will be irrelevant of course.

This is how it is now.

Doesnt have to be.

Don't let their fear result in us being disavowed of our ability to resist

Buelligan

There's context on the BBC site.  Doesn't look like there was any violence or threat at all from the protesters.  What a vile man.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: jobotic on June 20, 2019, 11:14:46 PM

This is how it is now.
I think you underestimate the capacity to justify anything.

She shouldn't have been there, she may have turned aggressive, she might have had some kind of weapon, she has a history of mental illness etc etc etc.

gib

Quote from: jobotic on June 20, 2019, 11:14:46 PMSomeone's probably found out that she's middle class so had it coming. The class and wealth of the banquet attendees will be irrelevant of course.

This is how it is now.

I bet she is middle class. That's what makes it terrifying - if that's how they treat the middle classes what chance have the rest of us got.

Buelligan

None of them are going to be working in the kitchens are they?

jobotic

What a fool I've been. He was driven to this because he's a nervous wreck because of the milkshakes. Of course, an attack by the right is the left's fault. Always.

jobotic

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on June 20, 2019, 11:26:06 PM
I think you underestimate the capacity to justify anything.

She shouldn't have been there, she may have turned aggressive, she might have had some kind of weapon, she has a history of mental illness etc etc etc.

I don't think I do.

BlodwynPig

Fucking Liz Truss has left him vulnerable to odd women coming up behind him

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: jobotic on June 20, 2019, 11:30:13 PM
I don't think I do.
Probably not, no. But I do half expect to have this woman's dirty laundry all over the press soon enough. Some ex will be bribed to say she was a total cow, or something.

finnquark

jobotic

Bet he nearly said "it's what any man would do to a woman that won't be quiet"

idunnosomename

It's his sheer violent reflex that is so scary. It's not how a normal person would act in that situation.

It is genuinely the way a fascist acts. Not like a crypto-fascist woke stasi fascist. An actual authoritarian thug violently protecting his own power and privilege.

gilbertharding

She should count herself lucky Mark Francois wasn't at the party.

BlodwynPig

Has he resigned/been sacked yet?

Imagine doing that at a Work's Do at Butlins-Skegness.

"Blodwyn, MY OFFICE FIRST THING MONDAY MORNING...AND NO...YOU'RE BANNED FROM THE MISS LINCOLNSHIRE CONTEST"

idunnosomename

Quote from: gilbertharding on June 21, 2019, 10:45:59 AM
She should count herself lucky Mark Francois wasn't at the party.
i dont like to make the reference but of course it would be like the Family Guy chicken fight, only more misogynistic

BlodwynPig

(Ported important opinion)

Has he resigned/been sacked yet?

Imagine doing that at a Work's Do at Butlins-Skegness.

"Blodwyn, MY OFFICE FIRST THING MONDAY MORNING...AND NO...YOU'RE BANNED FROM THE MISS LINCOLNSHIRE CONTEST"

biggytitbo

He must surely be charged by the police, it's right there on video. I don't think it even matters if the victim doesn't want to press charges.

I know he's going to argue in the 'current climate' you can't be too careful. But even if you take that into account its clearly disproportionate.

Funcrusher

Lots of "He's acting in self defence! She could have been armed!" this morning.

Yeah, because when you're defending yourself you go for the throat so your attacker still has both hands free to punch/stab/shoot you.

idunnosomename

Tories lining up to excuse him for acting on instinct

https://twitter.com/NadineDorries/status/1141989487817482240

https://twitter.com/JohnnyMercerUK/status/1141980388975357952

um, I think the point about being a person is NOT acting on violent instinct like a thug. you should behave diplomatically and assume good faith in other people in potentially heated situation. but that's beyond these thoroughly fucking horrible humans

batwings

I think he acted with a proportionate level of force. For all he knew she might have been about to tell a joke.