Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:05:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Nightmare Cinema - anthology horror thing

Started by Rev+, June 22, 2019, 12:08:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rev+

Mick 'think of any Stephen King adaptation that didn't quite work' Garris brings us this stab at a horror anthology, and you know what?  Yeah, gets a pass.  The first story is by far the most entertaining, being a fast-forward to the last 15 minutes of a slasher film, but with one exception these are all quite nice bite-size horror stories.  David Slade, director of that Black Mirror episode with the robot dog thing, turns in the trippiest segment, again in black-and-white.  Joe Dante even pops his head up with a story about botched plastic surgery, which seems a little cruel as after it's over we're immediately introduced to Mickey Rourke as our 'host'.

Absolute load of old bollocks but good fun if you like this kind of thing.

St_Eddie

I enjoyed Mick Garris' TV series Masters of Horror (with each episode directed by an acclaimed horror director), which this is essentially the film version of, so I'll definitely check it out.

SteveDave

Quote from: St_Eddie on June 22, 2019, 04:11:53 AM
I enjoyed Mick Garris' TV series Masters of Horror (with each episode directed by an acclaimed horror director), which this is essentially the film version of, so I'll definitely check it out.

I remember screaming with laughter at the "Cigarette Burns" episode of Masters Of Horror. Every character said "The film "La Fin Absolue du Monde"" about 800 times each and then Udo Kier feeds his intestines into a projector. 10/10 would watch again.

Enrico Palazzo

He also has a podcast, which can be enjoyable with the right guest.