Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,343
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:52:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

With what we know now, a Srike it Lucky X-mas Special (1992)

Started by checkoutgirl, June 22, 2019, 11:31:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

checkoutgirl

I have to say, I love Michael Barrymore. His crowd work is second to none. Strike it Lucky contestants seem to be exhaustively edited until only the most oddball characters are left. But sometimes these characters seems to defy rational explanation. Take the first two contestants in the episode below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dPfBjiFry4

Two mustachioed police officers who live together. Contestant one has a girlfriend who is in the audience, honest guv. Given the opportunity to show off his musical show tune singing skills, he wastes no time in demonstrating. Both contestants in the team have full moustaches (a homosexual cliche in the 1980s) and both are in the police. They have girlfriends but for some reason live together.

Now I'm not saying they're gay. In fact I bet they're not. But it amuses me that they are such gay cliches even though they're probably not gay.

Have we moved on so much as a society that these guys are obviously gay? Or have we not moved on at all because these guys could easily be straight but just appear gay to the jaded eye? A double edged sword if ever I saw one.

Discuss.

Shit Good Nose

Probs both serial killers like that dude on Bullseye, and hiding in plain sight by being stereotype closeted gay coppers.

mothman

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on June 22, 2019, 12:01:04 PM
Probs both serial killers like that dude on Bullseye, and hiding in plain sight by being stereotype closeted gay coppers.

The pitch would be "like Mr. Wint & Mr. Kidd - but they BOTH have moustaches!"