Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:31:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cunt furniture

Started by H-O-W-L, June 22, 2019, 03:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H-O-W-L

You ever just have cunt furniture that's a total bastard but you can't be fucked to replace it?

I've got a coat rack in the front hall that I always end up kicking the bastard foot of while barefoot and hobbling about in pain but I daren't get rid of it lest I have to go to Ikea again.

Buelligan

Burn it.  You'll not need the coats.  Burn the coats if you do.

H-O-W-L

Quote from: Buelligan on June 22, 2019, 03:30:13 PM
Burn it.  You'll not need the coats.  Burn the coats if you do.

The fucker is metal but I reckon the toxic paint on it would make one hell of a lovely pyre.

Twed

This expensive piece of absolute shit, which predictably broke after a month's use.

It was perfect while it lasted.

wooders1978

It's boiling next week - you won't need a coat ever again

you can't reason with furniture

Replaced by tatty old sofa with a lovely squashy new one. It arrived this morning and it fitted through the door so I didn't have to take the window out!

Buelligan

[tag]Treating furniture like objects[/tag]

sponk

Quote from: solidified gruel merchant on June 22, 2019, 04:12:24 PM
Replaced by tatty old sofa with a lovely squashy new one. It arrived this morning and it fitted through the door so I didn't have to take the window out!

That would have been a right pain

grassbath

A leather reclining armchair belonging to my flatmate, which I have to swaddle in blankets as otherwise it moults tiny black strips of leather all over the floor which are picked up on my socks and end up all over the flat and make the floor look like it's covered in tiny bits of black shit.

Icehaven

Within minutes of finishing building our brand new king size bed a few months ago, I realised that it was positioned such that I'd stub my toe on it every single bloody time I walked past, and with the occasional exception this has proved to be true.

Quote from: sponk on June 22, 2019, 04:19:24 PM
That would have been a right pain

I know! It would have cost me £150. I had a bloke on standby, so convinced was I of my to-cock measuring.

Buelligan

[tag]David Dickinson proudly reveals his lovely antique queening stool[/tag]

Sebastian Cobb

The sofas in my gaff are horrible. Really uncomfortable and great for losing things in. I lost my telly remote a year ago and looked for it several times, even tipped the thing to see if I could hear it. I couldn't, but then while looking for something else I found it on an internal shelf. By that point I'd ordered another one.

Twed

There's nothing worse than a doughy chair. Except for sofas that you have to plug in and have fucking drinks holders. I have seen many of these gauche things, due to being from Essex and America. It's amazing that I have such good taste.

Twed

The rug is supposed to be for outdoors

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

An outdoor rug is grass.

Twed

I'd better not say anything secret in front of it then

jobotic

A coat stand? Ooh pardon me mater I'm orf to play the grand piarno

touchingcloth

I've got a Noguchi coffee table.

I don't. I'm not a cunt.

PlanktonSideburns

Now that I think of it
Kitchen tables a bit of a cunt
Wobbly as fuck, nasty brown laminate, waterstains

buzby

Quote from: icehaven on June 22, 2019, 04:25:28 PM
Within minutes of finishing building our brand new king size bed a few months ago, I realised that it was positioned such that I'd stub my toe on it every single bloody time I walked past, and with the occasional exception this has proved to be true.
Basically had the the same thing happen - I bought an Ikea Malm ottoman bed a couple of months ago that has a footboard, making it about 1.5" longer than the divan bed it replaced. I'm forever catching my knees on the corner of the footboard as I walk past it

Twed

I live a pretty cunty bougie existence truth be told.

Twed

THOSE ARE NOT WANKING TISSUES THEY WERE FOR SOMEBODY ELSE

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Twed on June 22, 2019, 11:41:50 PM

I disapprove of your table being half on a rug. It's not right.

shiftwork2

Did you know cheap scented candles only have the scent embedded in the top bit of the candle? If that doesn't qualify as the unacceptable face of capitalism / cheeky cunt of the year then I don't know what does.  Have a sniff Twed.

mothman

We've just inherited this rather upright two-seater sofa from my parents. Wedged in next to my leather recliner, me and my wife look rather like Giles & Mary from Gogglebox.

Even stranger, it's not the first time we've owned it. My parents gave it to us neatly 15 years ago, so we moved it across country. Then they decided they didn't like their new sofa so they wanted this one back - them moving it across country to ours, and taking this one back to theirs. We had that second sofa for a few years before getting rid of it (I forget why, I think it was an off-white colour and keeping it clean with small children was a pain). The one we replaced it with was rubbish and was on its last legs after ten years, so when we were offered it, we jumped at the chance.

"Are you SURE about all that?" asked MrsMoth when I pointed all this out. I assured her it was, and she blushed bright red when I reminded her we'd had sex on it while watching Live 8. Though my parents had had it re-covered since then.

Twed

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 23, 2019, 12:28:32 AM
I disapprove of your table being half on a rug. It's not right.
Agreed. It was there temporarily to facilitate snacks.

Quote from: shiftwork2 on June 23, 2019, 12:38:15 AM
Did you know cheap scented candles only have the scent embedded in the top bit of the candle? If that doesn't qualify as the unacceptable face of capitalism / cheeky cunt of the year then I don't know what does.  Have a sniff Twed.
I hate candles, TBH. Only put one out to seem like a human when somebody was here.

LanceUppercut

Quote from: Twed on June 22, 2019, 11:41:50 PM

That looks like a hipsters wet dream, including the posh crisps, where's the space raiders you massive twat