Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:35:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

listening to mp3 files offline on an iphone

Started by PlanktonSideburns, June 23, 2019, 10:39:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlanktonSideburns

MOTHERFUCKING IPHONES: trying to email an mp3 of a podcast im editing to someone so they can download it and listen to it on the POXY FUCKIN phone6s, bastard thing only lets you stream it, not download it. HOW THE FUCKING SHIT do you get round that?!?

PlanktonSideburns

sorry bosto, i was so fucking mad when i typed this

a duncandisorderly

I just emailed myself an mp3, only 4MB, but you didn't say if size was the issue... anyway, on my iphone, it plays right in the email app. there's no option to open it in any of the normal apple apps like the music player or whatever, but third-party stuff like VLC works on iOS & is offered as a way of opening this type. & it works.

but the main thing is that when I opened the email, it said 'tap to download' & so I did. are you not getting that far? how big is this podcast?

PlanktonSideburns

sorry i was being a stroppy sod earlier not providing details -

so in emailing an mp3 of any size over, on the phone you can stream it from google drive, but not actually save the thing onto the phone for offline listening if youre out and about. - think it was an issue with safari/google transfer, who assume that you want to stream it rather than download it to your phone as the format is .mp3 - wherre on your computer, second [mouse button click] [save as...] would get you the file, but on safari (and later, chrome) the download button wasnt on the menu, just [share]

downloading it via wetransfer managed to get it on the phone in the end, but then i realised the only music player on there was ITUNES, and refused to play it as it hadnt been downloaded according to the sick and crazy rules of itunes

i breifly tried to download vlc, but that couldnt seem to play it either, so i sacked it off in a huff

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on June 23, 2019, 05:40:17 PM
sorry i was being a stroppy sod earlier not providing details -

so in emailing an mp3 of any size over, on the phone you can stream it from google drive, but not actually save the thing onto the phone for offline listening if youre out and about. - think it was an issue with safari/google transfer, who assume that you want to stream it rather than download it to your phone as the format is .mp3 - wherre on your computer, second [mouse button click] [save as...] would get you the file, but on safari (and later, chrome) the download button wasnt on the menu, just [share]

downloading it via wetransfer managed to get it on the phone in the end, but then i realised the only music player on there was ITUNES, and refused to play it as it hadnt been downloaded according to the sick and crazy rules of itunes

i breifly tried to download vlc, but that couldnt seem to play it either, so i sacked it off in a huff

on my iphone, using its own mail reader (NOT a browser), the mp3 appeared as the mail attachment & played from where it was, after it had finished downloading. it's now in the iphone as a saved email. no need to do anything else. the upper limit for email attachments seems to be about 23MB.

Replies From View

Edit:  whoops never mind, query already answered and thread didn't need bumping.