Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:52:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

DJ emergency!

Started by kidsick5000, June 23, 2019, 05:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kidsick5000

The DJ has collapsed, the selfish git. He's going to be out for a while.
You have two records to a) fill the dance floor and b) keep the party going.
What are they?

Twed

a) P!nk - Get The Party Started
b) P!nk - Please Continue The Party

kidsick5000

Quote from: Twed on June 23, 2019, 05:25:54 PM
a) P!nk - Get The Party Started
b) P!nk - Please Continue The Party

earl_sleek

P. J. O'Rourke's "Let's Talk About Love." It's about the power of love when it meets its match. He used to be a bass player before he started to play his instrument from his head to his back. So, here is a song about how someone's true love's power is to break open a woman's heart. There are a few things in there that might seem silly, or even dumb, but I hope the song convinces you why you should make love to the most perfect lover on earth.

P. O'Rourke's "Can't You See?"
We have these really wonderful couples on this planet, all of whom share the same passion for their families. But we're also all really sad. We get into our car, we get up in bed and we can't see each other. What makes this song even more beautiful is the fact that the lyrics about love on this track aren't just sad, they are actually true. When we have an abundance of money and everything seems pretty good, we can say to someone "I want to get a million dollars. Can you get me some?"

another Mr. Lizard

The platter spinning here this afternoon has been Hamilton Bohannon's best of. So, 'Disco Stomp' and 'South African Man'. If anyone at the party isn't chanting the "New - York - Citeh" bit from the former by the end of the night, I'll eat the turntable.

Lordofthefiles

Too Drunk to Fuck - Dead Kennedys

Don't need a second one, the bride's father has already dragged me outside in a headlock.

holyzombiejesus

Even though I don't like it and it's probably incredibly dated now, Loaded by Primal Scream. Primarily because it's long. I used to play this when I was djing and needed to go and get a pint. As for the other one, another long song.

Twed

Brundle-Fly

Insert obvious Father Ted Ghost Town GIF here.

the

Quote from: kidsick5000 on June 23, 2019, 05:24:22 PMYou have two records to a) fill the dance floor and b) keep the party going.

a) Renegade Master '98
b) Renegade Master

Bazooka

Chelsea Dagger by The Fratellis, in order to put the poor collapsed DJ out of misery.

kidsick5000

Quote from: the on June 23, 2019, 10:39:21 PM
a) Renegade Master '98
b) Renegade Master

Back once again with the shitfaced landlord