Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:28:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Does anybody here play the videogame No Man's Sky

Started by Mobius, June 24, 2019, 01:50:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mobius

I never played this game before because it got shat all over upon release but after watching a few 'in 2019 No Man's Sky is no longer shit!' type videos on Youtube I thought I'd check it out.

Anyway. It's quite good! I'm enjoying it, just knocking around on planets gathering resources building stuff. Quite peaceful really, s'pose it's like Minecraft mixed with Mass Effect or something.

I'm pretty early in, have just build a hyperdrive thing so I can leave the solar system I started in, but now I need fuel to make the bloody thing work.

Anyone a fan?

St_Eddie

I've not played it myself, but there's a thread here.

Kryton

Yep currently my latest purchase and loving it too. There's a new update called BEYOND due in the next month or so.

Fishfinger

I played loads of it after launch in 2016, and again last summer when the multiplayer update was released. Looking forward to the upcoming enhancements and imagine I'll get back into it with internet friends. I always liked it as a chill-out game, but it's been fascinating to track its journey from notorious train-wreck to lauded accomplishment.

Mobius

Ah sorry I didn't realise there was a thread so recently.

I built my hyperdrive thing so now I can go to other solar systems. Got a scientist who is properly chuffed to be working away in my shithole shack. Met 30 aliens so this other weird alien is impressed with me. Got to go and visit him again, but there's a gigantic scary purple freighter lingering.

Quite a relaxing beautiful serene game except for the climate slowly melting you alive. Just need to get enough resources that I'm not constantly running out of fucking rocks.