Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 05:52:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Summer Games Done Quick has started

Started by Fry, June 24, 2019, 03:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fry

Bi-annual speedrunning marathon Games Done Quick has started again. I unapologetically love speedrunning, and the format of having a commentary actually explaining the mechanics behind everything they do makes GDQ the best way to get into watching it. Might even donate this year.

Yay its Nintendo Games Done Quick time again.

boki

So we're watchin' this at double speed, yeah?

Quick watch the steam now, the Guy playing Split/Second is haveing a Joke meltdown on couch right now.

Already hes asked a Girl to punch him. This guy is getting tossed after his run.

Chairman Yang

Christ, I just tuned in randomly to see this absolute fuckwit trying out some atrocious patter about 'realgamers' and doing a Fornite dance and my spine shot out of my arse in a reflexive attempt to kill me.

Started off Badly then went downhill after that.

peanutbutter

Does games done quick have any rules RE glitch runs? have to say I find glitch heavy speedruns a total bore to watch

It has both, basically, and there will be different goals for different types of run. I'm with you in that I find a lot of clipping and swimming outside of the map pretty boring but it sometimes surprises me, as well.

Noodle Lizard

I too love this, at least partially for the inevitable awkward/cringey content it generates.  Any highlights from this year?

Bazooka

Ive only watched the Streets of Rage run so far, Metroid Prime is always a fun watch.

Famous Mortimer

I had a blast watching it - some of the runners are excellent, some of them are just awkward teenagers (the Split/Second guy, for one).