Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:50:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Varda by Agnès - Agnès Varda's final film

Started by zomgmouse, June 25, 2019, 06:30:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zomgmouse

I saw this last week - it's essentially combined from a series of talks she gives about her life, as well as some past documentary footage talking about her films. More structured and more formal than The Beaches of Agnès, it still provides a great overview and has some marvellous personal touches. And the final shot feels more like a farewell than anything. There's also info about her career as a visual artist which was interesting to watch.

Still difficult to imagine that she's passed away, but there you go.

peanutbutter

How much is this her film exactly? Was it something she had completed or scraped together from bits she was working on?

Funcrusher

Will try and get to see this. I really enjoyed Faces, Places.

zomgmouse

Quote from: peanutbutter on June 25, 2019, 12:57:53 PM
How much is this her film exactly? Was it something she had completed or scraped together from bits she was working on?

It's a compilation of footage, really - not sure how much of it is originally shot for this specifically.

Won't be able to watch this for a while, her death is too saddening

zomgmouse

I did nearly tear up during the final shot...

zomgmouse

Quote from: Peru on June 27, 2019, 07:50:35 PM
It was shot specifically.

Was it? I thought in the narration she said it was an unused shot from Faces Places.

Peru

Sorry I meant to say some of this film was shot specifically, partly as a way to allow AV to give a lecture of sorts without travelling.

zomgmouse

Quote from: Peru on June 28, 2019, 02:40:24 PM
Sorry I meant to say some of this film was shot specifically, partly as a way to allow AV to give a lecture of sorts without travelling.

Oh I see! Sorry. Yes that would make sense.