Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:43:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mastery

Started by Unnecessary Biscuits, June 27, 2019, 12:12:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I have had to go and take a break from the effective silverfish farm of my flat and the Asda Nice Price Aleppo of my home town by visiting my beloved Hastings, the fat-free Brighton. Really quite a lively music scene there if you're over 36, with all that entails. I wouldn't normally get too impressed with someone playing the spoons but this particular fella I saw last night, it was eye-popping stuff, each time he took a solo.

This morning though, I saw him having a bowl of soup on a table outside this restaurant. He had half of it down his shirt, and there must have been ten or fifteen spoons around his table. In the time it took me to walk by he must have dropped three more. One of them just missed my eye. He is beyond slim as well, and pushing 80, it makes you wonder if it might be worth getting Social Services in.

Some people's priorities are just messed up.

a duncandisorderly

I'm curious- when you saw him 'playing' the spoons, was he actually attempting music with them or was there food & fumbling involved then too?
is he just cack-handed?

here's chris:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0_zzCLLRvE

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Eric Clapton famously can't smoke. He just fumbles around  until all the paraphernalia and himself fall in a well.

He believes the anti-smoking campaign to be largely about the ever present risk of injury resulting from prat falls, rather than lung cancer and birth defects.

Still tries though, every hour.

Yeah - syncopation, polyrhythms, parradiddles. If he MIDI'd those spoons he could join Deaf Leopold.