Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:13:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Do YOU snore?

Started by The Lurker, June 27, 2019, 01:39:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lurker

I've been reliably informed that I snore very loudly and it's beginning to really annoy my lady friend whom I have only known for a short time (you dirty old bollocks etc).

I've taken sinus pills and stopped sleeping on my back as that's apparently a cause but no luck. So, my questions to you lovely lot is: do you snore? Did you ever snore but have since stopped and if so, how did you achieve this?

Piss taking responses are most welcome. Thanks x

Ray Travez

Ambient Sheep

So badly that I have a machine to stop me dying from it.  And I know I'm not the only one here.

Buelligan

I have a neighbour who snores so loudly that in the summer, when people sleep with their windows open, he actually wakes me up, snoring like a fucking grumpus from another house some distance away. 

bgmnts

Guy next to me in the dorm snored so loud I don't know how he didn't wake himself up. Ended up despising him for other reasons  but a lot of it was the snoring.

a duncandisorderly

window-rattler. my mrs & I have to sleep 1000 miles apart most of the time for other reasons, so it's ok. she snores too. & the kids.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Not usually, mainly after getting very drunk or while being ill.

Peaceful sleeper otherwise.

My brother has sleep apnoea or some godawful shit and having shared a room with him growing up it's a wonder I am not a convicted murderer.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

gib

DrGreggles

Yep, "like a motherfucker"* apparently.

*Direct quote from your mum my girlfriend. Such a fucking potty mouth on that one.

fat_abbott

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on June 27, 2019, 03:10:42 AM
So badly that I have a machine to stop me dying from it.  And I know I'm not the only one here.

I'm going to get one of those at the hospital today, still not sure what to make of it all.

gib

Quote from: DrGreggles on June 27, 2019, 08:35:31 AM*Direct quote from your mum my girlfriend. Such a fucking potty mouth on that one.

mine was a direct quote too!

Cerys

Yes.  Yes, I do.  Although the amount and volume vary.  I blame the doctors who did nothing about my enlarged tonsils and adenoids when I was a kid, because I'd 'grow out of the disproportion'.  Jokes on them.  I didn't.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: fat_abbott on June 27, 2019, 08:43:51 AM
I'm going to get one of those at the hospital today, still not sure what to make of it all.

A sort of cyber dog you can ride around on?

Cuntbeaks

Like a fucking cunt.

I actually have a referral to the sleep clinic where they apparantly clip a sensor to your finger and monitor your oxygen levels for a few days to see if i have sleep apnoea.

Dead soon.

Sebastian Cobb

Loud enough to wake myself up every now and then/

sponk

Ever tried taping your mouth closed before sleep with micropore tape?  Apparently you can only snore with your mouth open.

Sebastian Cobb

And risk drowning in my own drool?

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Cuntbeaks on June 27, 2019, 11:01:52 AM
Like a fucking cunt.

I actually have a referral to the sleep clinic where they apparantly clip a sensor to your finger and monitor your oxygen levels for a few days to see if i have sleep apnoea.

Dead soon.

I was diagnosed about three years ago and it came as a shock at first, and it's not exactly fun getting used to the sleep apnoea machine, but now it doesn't bother me in the slightest and the difference it's made has been enormous. For one thing I don't feel shitty and tired all the time, but I've also stopped headbutting the nearest wall in the middle of the night which is pleasing, I didn't enjoy doing that at all!

Operty1

There's no anger quite like that of someone you've kept awake all night snoring.

Rubbish answer - i stopped drinking completely, exercised more, lost 3 stone, cut down on dairy and made sure i didn't eat anything about 3 hrs before bed.

So try to get away with it as long as possible.

imitationleather

I don't snore at all.

Do parp a lot, though.

sponk

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 27, 2019, 11:16:34 AM
And risk drowning in my own drool?

You won't. You probably won't produce much drool with your mouth closed. Google the idea, lots of people do it and say it works and nobody has said they've died because of it.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: imitationleather on June 27, 2019, 11:20:52 AM
I don't snore at all.

Do parp a lot, though.

Ever tried taping your bum shut with micropore tape before you sleep?

fat_abbott

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on June 27, 2019, 11:16:35 AM
I was diagnosed about three years ago and it came as a shock at first, and it's not exactly fun getting used to the sleep apnoea machine, but now it doesn't bother me in the slightest and the difference it's made has been enormous. For one thing I don't feel shitty and tired all the time, but I've also stopped headbutting the nearest wall in the middle of the night which is pleasing, I didn't enjoy doing that at all!

Cool, I'm hoping to achieve similar not feeling shitty and tired results, it's hard to imagine what  that feels like when the norm seems to have always been that way. I just hope I don't have to shave my beard off, been a long time since I was a clean shaven human.

JesusAndYourBush

I have to sleep on my side.  When I sleep on my back I snore ... but the first snore wakes me up, and I wake up with the memory of hearing that snore from inside my own sleepy head.  Then I turn onto my side and go back to sleep.

Ambient Sheep

It's brilliant and will change your life.

Having a beard has never been an issue for me, although I suppose if you have some sort of mega-thick hipster type thing then it might be.

Unlike SMBH I got used to the machine almost immediately.  Had mine for about 16, 17 years now.  I know several people who have them, you'll be fine.

WesterlyWinds

I've no idea if I snore because my girlfriend is deaf and takes out her hearing aids at night. Have you considered irrevocably damaging your lady friend's hearing to remedy the situation?