Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:56:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wikipedia is down, Thu 2019/06/27 02:20 BST

Started by Ambient Sheep, June 27, 2019, 02:26:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ambient Sheep

Well, it is.

It's probably nothing, and will be back soon, but just in case it's something, here's a thread.

Mister Six

Back up, apparently.

What an emotional rollercoaster!

Ambient Sheep

Hah but more of a rollercoaster than you think as it's still down for both me and that link.

Zetetic

machotrouts

Just instinctively googled "BGP" and clicked on the Wikipedia link. Like a fucking cunt

hillbillyholiday

Sheesh... wiki's down for an hour and people think the sky's falling in.

That was just a test, next time I'll make it a week.

I confidently predict than within 48 hours, half the Western world will have painted themselves blue and/or started worshipping fire.

Mister Six

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on June 27, 2019, 02:38:18 AM
Hah but more of a rollercoaster than you think as it's still down for both me and that link.

Ah, maybe the US servers are okay but the UK ones aren't?

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: hillbillyholiday on June 27, 2019, 03:11:48 AMSheesh... wiki's down for an hour and people think the sky's falling in.

Nah, I didn't think that, as my OP made perfectly clear.  I just thought it was interesting, that's all.  Plus I'm bored.

Quote from: hillbillyholiday on June 27, 2019, 03:11:48 AMThat was just a test, next time I'll make it a week.

I confidently predict than within 48 hours, half the Western world will have painted themselves blue and/or started worshipping fire.

The other half will just sit there, pleased that we hung onto our dictionaries, Pears' Cyclopaedias, and Halliwell's Film Guides.

I just googled the Pears thing to double-check the spelling, only to find that the 2017-2018 one was the last ever.  Nooooo!  I must buy a copy.

hillbillyholiday

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on June 27, 2019, 03:18:03 AM
Nah, I didn't think that, as my OP made perfectly clear.  I just thought it was interesting, that's all.  Plus I'm bored.

Didn't mean you personally, I was watching twitter and the comments at https://downdetector.com/status/wikipedia

hillbillyholiday

Funnily enough, the outage occurred while I was chatting to the rascal responsible for Wikipedia.

https://twitter.com/lsanger/status/1144000016098430978

BlodwynPig

Bum Flaps

Shouldn't we start recording the most important wiki-facts here, as a back-up?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Bum Flaps on June 27, 2019, 07:30:53 AM
Shouldn't we start recording the most important wiki-facts here, as a back-up?

It doesn't look good for jewhate Jez

Replies From View

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on June 27, 2019, 02:38:18 AM

I have never heard of rollercoasters that differ so much from person to person.  Are you sure you're in the same carriage?

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Replies From View on June 27, 2019, 07:49:48 AM
I have never heard of rollercoasters that differ so much from person to person.  Are you sure you're in the same carriage?

Well no we weren't, that's the whole point... I was at one end and he was at the other, hence our differing experiences.

Twed

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoot_suit#/media/File:B&w_Reading2016_003.jpg

It's still up for me, which is good news because if I can't look at this picture of Dirty Den and Paul Whitehouse lookalikes in zoot suits talking to a Jo Brand lookalike every single day then it's sadness.

Replies From View

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on June 27, 2019, 03:53:59 PM
Well no we weren't, that's the whole point... I was at one end and he was at the other, hence our differing experiences.

Well go in the same carriage next time

Cold Meat Platter

Glebe

Twed

Quote from: Twed on June 27, 2019, 03:58:41 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoot_suit#/media/File:B&w_Reading2016_003.jpg

It's still up for me, which is good news because if I can't look at this picture of Dirty Den and Paul Whitehouse lookalikes in zoot suits talking to a Jo Brand lookalike every single day then it's sadness.

Glebe

Quote from: Twed on June 27, 2019, 03:58:41 PMhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoot_suit#/media/File:B&w_Reading2016_003.jpg

It's still up for me, which is good news because if I can't look at this picture of teddy boy Christopher Plummer and Paul Whitehouse lookalikes in zoot suits talking to a Jo Brand lookalike every single day then it's sadness.

Twed

I appreciate the correction. He's the one I've been struggling with. He's somebody cockney (maybe Alan Ford but not quite) and I can't decide who. I only included a guess at him to fill out the three, but yours is definitely much closer.

I'd like to solve the mystery of who this isn't.