Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:33:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML)

Started by Nowhere Man, June 27, 2019, 11:45:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nowhere Man

This isn't exactly the most fun topic for what is primarily a comedy forum but I was diagnosed with acute myeloid leukaemia last Tuesday at the ripe old age of 25. What I initially assumed was just a recent bout of anemia turned out to be quite a bit more to say the least. Thankfully my wife is over here now and family and friends been very supportive since I found out.

So this is all kind of shit news for me but there's a lot of good people at this hospital who obviously know what they're doing so fingers crossed I respond well to treatment. Had a PICC line inserted into my arm and everything.

I'm gonna be starting my first round of chemo this afternoon so BALD SOON I imagine.

ZoyzaSorris

Fucking hell mate. Stay strong soldja.

pancreas

Danger Man

From one 'man' to another, you can beat this. All the best.

Neville Chamberlain

Oh, bollocks. All the best to you.

Flouncer

Quote from: Nowhere Man on June 27, 2019, 11:45:25 AMI'm gonna be starting my first round of chemo this afternoon so BALD SOON I imagine.

Some people will do anything to fit in on this forum.

That's fucking awful man. At least you've got some supportive people around you - best of luck. x

selectivememory

Don't know what to say other than that it's awful news to hear and I hope you respond well to the treatment. Stay positive.

NoOffenceLynn

Adding my best wishes to you too x

NoOffenceLynn

Quote from: NoOffenceLynn on June 27, 2019, 12:31:44 PM
Just to add to my post.

A friend of mine and my Grandfather both had the same condition and beat it, my grandfather living into his 80s and my friend is 10 years all clear. This was a good few years ago and even since then successful treatment has come so much further.

Buelligan

Dear lovely Nowhere Man, hold fast and know we love you.  Huge hugs from me but also courage and power, my old darling, take that power to yourself and use it to fuck this thing.  xxx

Sending you good vibrations.

NoSleep

Hope your treatment goes well, NM. Good luck.

Spoon of Ploff

fuck AML in the balls man. All the best to you.

Blue Jam

A friend of mine was diagnosed with an acute form of leukaemia at around your age. He had chemotherapy, total body irradiation and a bone marrow transplant with his sister as the donor. He has now been clear for around 15 years, and just to piss off Glinner, is a man with female blood.

Strength to you xxx

holyzombiejesus

Is it you that stole that torch from Tesco?

Mister Six

That's an absolute shitter of a thing, Nowhere Man, but it is absolutely treatable, and as a young lad you'll be best suited to twatting its cunt face in.

And hey, at least for a while you'll be bald enough to properly represent CaB.

Jasha

Quote from: Nowhere Man on June 27, 2019, 11:45:25 AM
I'm gonna be starting my first round of chemo this afternoon so BALD SOON I imagine.

Take a good book or crossword with you

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on June 27, 2019, 01:02:22 PM
Is it you that stole that torch from Tesco?

Just checked, no it wasn't you. In that case, I sincerely wish you all the best in beating this.

Dex Sawash

Surely we can blame dr rock though.

Be well nowhere man

Absorb the anus burn

Fuck. Sorry to hear your news. Good luck with the treatment.

Jerzy Bondov

Shit news. All the best to you and good luck. Glad you've got supportive people around you. Much love

imitationleather

Fucking hell. Tell your bone marrow to sort it out, mate.

Thomas

Full-on best of luck, Nowhere Man.

bgmnts

Hope you chin the cunt. Get well.

Twed

I hope this badness fucks right off and it just becomes an anecdote to you.

Ambient Sheep

All the best.  Sounds like beating this is definitely doable so go and kick its arse!

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Nowhere Man you are easily one of the best posters on here and this is a real shitter to hear about. Here's hoping you smash the bastard.

Why can't cancer just target people who like shit music for a change?

Brundle-Fly

This chap kicked leukaemia into touch and so will you. Oh, and don't correct the spelling in the subject title, it is not worth the respect.

Now go and listen to the album Friends by The Beach Boys.

Icehaven

Really sorry to hear this, and seconding the other sentiments of may you kick it to the curb pronto. All the best.

buttgammon

Sorry to hear that. All the best with the treatment!