Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:17:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML)

Started by Nowhere Man, June 27, 2019, 11:45:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

a duncandisorderly

touchingcloth

Stem cells sound like cells from a BONER, lush.

Crabwalk

That's great news NM! Your heart is going to have a motorik beat at the end of all this.

Shit Good Nose

We're in real science faction territory now.

All the best and fingers crossed it'll be a successful transplant from a German woman.  Do they still like to have hairy armpits, or is that exclusively only parts of France?

Quote from: wosl on September 18, 2019, 07:50:15 PM
Literally* standing up and cheering you on, here.

*Not literally

Translation - barely able to brush the Wotsits layer of shame off my t-shirt whilst wheezing a quiet approval before going back to that scene in Carry On Camping where you see a bit if Babs Windsor side boob (sidebab) to have a wank and then a cry.

We've all been there.

Cerys

Excellent news.  And if you marry the lady then you get a lifetime supply of bone marrow!

Brian Freeze

Good news indeed!

Ive been on the Anthony Nolan register for a good few years. Highly recommended. Ive been down to the last few a couple of times but not been selected for donation. Gutted about not being able to help each time.

Would have loved to do it, maybe someone here could?

Cerys

I used to be on the Anthony Nolan register, but I've been taken off it because of the MS.  Given that I donated marrow through it in 1994, though, I reckon the chances of me being matched again were pretty slim anyway.

bgmnts

They're all on the register by the time...

Ferris

This is great news, NM. I'm really pleased for you!

All the best

Bronzy

I'd bet you'd love to stem her cells NM you dirty old bollocks

Best of luck!

Bazooka

Good to hear, leukemia is a jerk,nonce and bloody idiot.

Nowhere Man

Mini rant coming up.

Well its day 3 of the final bout of heavy as fuck chemo with the stem cell transplant happening just 5 days from now. It's been mostly fine except my hearing seems to have become effected somehow? Almost everything I hear sounds like it is through a layer of static, as a result music and voices (including my own) sound weird and tinny, like through a radio with a terrible reception..

It's pissing me off just as much as its upsetting me, especially since music is one of my greatest joy's in life. I'm finding it hard to sleep with worry over this. I sincerely hope it fucks off soon.

Quote from: Nowhere Man on November 07, 2019, 03:29:31 AM
Mini rant coming up.

Well its day 3 of the final bout of heavy as fuck chemo with the stem cell transplant happening just 5 days from now. It's been mostly fine except my hearing seems to have become effected somehow? Almost everything I hear sounds like it is through a layer of static, as a result music and voices (including my own) sound weird and tinny, like through a radio with a terrible reception..

It's pissing me off just as much as its upsetting me, especially since music is one of my greatest joy's in life. I'm finding it hard to sleep with worry over this. I sincerely hope it fucks off soon.

Just make yourself hope that it does not fuck off anytime soon by blasting this video on a loop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4inGP8qMnPE

Thinking of you, big fella. As horrible as the side effects are, it's very likely temporary. I've had weird hearing effects from stuff like sinusitis which lasted a couple of weeks but it gradually returned to normal. It doesn't take much to affect hearing in the short term so try not to worry too much. All the very best with the transplant and see you soon when you're on the mend. X

Glebe

Cerys

Buelligan

Last lap now, always gets hardest on the last lap but look at what you've already achieved, what you've already beaten, we are cheering you fucking on from the stands man.  We are standing and cheering.  Huge power to you old fruitbat.  Hugs. xxx

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Nowhere Man on November 07, 2019, 03:29:31 AM
Mini rant coming up.

Really sorry to hear that NM, have you told your Doctor about it? As apparently there are medications that can be given to help on that front.

NoOffenceLynn

Best of luck with the transplant, as Bluelligan said you're on the last lap now the finish line is in sight!

Sending you all the best vibes the Universe has to give.

And I hope that hearing issue fucks right off soon.

hedgehog90

Hey Nowhere Man,
A few days after I read your OP, while me and the family were gathered round the table to celebrate my 29th birthday, my mum announced she was diagnosed with something similar. Thankfully nobody was in the mood to sing happy birthday at me afterwards.
Today's her last day of chaemo treatment and it sounds like it'll be a bastard to get through. Then we have to wait 6 months to see if she's still fucked or not, which seems an awfully long time to wait for a check up, but apparently that's normal.
Sorry to hear about your difficulties with hearing, that's rubbish. Just remember it'll be over soon... The chaemo that is, not life (knock on wood).
Wishing you the best of luck and all that, but please don't hog too much of God's kindness and leave a bit for my mum.
Hugs + genuine love.

alan nagsworth

Had no idea about this thread, must've totally passed me by for some reason.

Love and support to you, dude. Keep fighting! x

Glebe

Quote from: hedgehog90 on November 07, 2019, 12:28:43 PMHey Nowhere Man,
A few days after I read your OP, while me and the family were gathered round the table to celebrate my 29th birthday, my mum announced she was diagnosed with something similar. Thankfully nobody was in the mood to sing happy birthday at me afterwards.
Today's her last day of chaemo treatment and it sounds like it'll be a bastard to get through. Then we have to wait 6 months to see if she's still fucked or not, which seems an awfully long time to wait for a check up, but apparently that's normal.
Sorry to hear about your difficulties with hearing, that's rubbish. Just remember it'll be over soon... The chaemo that is, not life (knock on wood).
Wishing you the best of luck and all that, but please don't hog too much of God's kindness and leave a bit for my mum.
Hugs + genuine love.

Very sorry to hear that hedgehog90, all the best to your Mum.

Cloud

Missed this thread previously, but wish you the best, along with hedge's mum. 

Nowhere Man

Thank you so much for all the wonderful comments! hedgehog90, I'm so sorry your Mum is going through this whole ordeal, this isn't something I would wish on anyone to have to go through. I genuinely hope everything goes as smooth as possible and your Mum kicks cancer right in the cunt. Much love to you both.

I feel a bit of a berk as the hearing issue seems to have gone away overnight! But it's nice to vent sometimes isnt it?

Only five days now until the stem cell transplant, this is done through something called a Hickman line, which I was given yesterday This is inserted through your chest, not the funnest procedure I can tell you! Anyway, thankfully it's done and dusted now, and I (fingers fucking crossed) never have to go through this again.

BlodwynPig

Looking dishy, mate. All the strength for your recovery

non capisco

Nice thumbs aloft Macca pose, NM.

YOU CAN GET WELL RIGHT NOW PLEEEEEEEEZE.

Buelligan

Glad to hear about the hearing, great stuff.  Last lap.  :)  Big hugs.

buttgammon

All the best, NM. At least the treatment clearly hasn't affected your magnificent thumbs.

bgmnts

Where did you get that hat? I want it.

Cuellar

get that sweet marrow, yeah get that marrow booooi