Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:12:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML)

Started by Nowhere Man, June 27, 2019, 11:45:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

earl_sleek

Ferris

All the best, that's awful news. But hey! Think of the story you'll be able to tell in a few years when this is clearly in your rear view.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Shit as fuck news... You have all our support, for what it's worth.

On the bright side has there ever been a better time to join an online paedohunter group in your local area?

Small Man Big Horse

I'm so sorry to hear this Nowhere Man, as others have said you're one of CaB's best and I truly hope you're able to beat this as quickly as you possibly can.

kittens

darn brother. wishing you a speedy recovery.

Glebe

Oh fuck NM, shocked to hear it. Hope you're coping as best you can and wishing you a speedy recovery pal.

garbed_attic

Sorry to read this. You're much liked around these parts so I reckon people will be pissed if you cop it so you better boldly go forth and get better soon! Strength to you.

mothman

Sorry to hear this. Best wishes.

Kelvin

Hope you don't have a pipe organ, or you'll have Pancreas scratching at your windows like the kid in Salem's Lot.

chveik

so sorry to hear this. good luck xx

canadagoose

Jeez, sorry to hear that. Best of luck with the treatment, and best wishes in general.

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on June 27, 2019, 03:01:12 PM
This chap kicked leukaemia into touch and so will you. Oh, and don't correct the spelling in the subject title, it is not worth the respect.

Now go and listen to the album Friends by The Beach Boys.

Cor, this thread is both sad and interesting.

Hit this disease hard, man.

peanutbutter

Damn, acute is proper leukemia, right? My dad had leukemia but it was the other kind where no one seemed sure if he even had it. Looking at the stats and given your age it seems like you can totally beat this thing though (the wiki graph I saw seemed to imply that anyway). Again, agree with everyone else here, definitely one of the most pleasant posters on here (I mean that as a complement).

Is the diagnosis alone enough to qualify for make-a-wish? Dunno what their age limit is either but worth a try to get Mike Love over for dinner.

non capisco

Whomp that sucker, Nowhere Man. You're a dude and I've no doubt you can beat this.

Johnny Yesno

Being bald's cool, and I should know. This is a shit way of going about it, though. Get this leukemia out the way and start shaving your head like us real men.

All my best wishes to you, Nohair Man ;-)

touchingcloth

Have you tried amputating your acute myeloids? x

imitationleather

When the doctor said "You have acute myeloid leukemia" did you reply "Thank you for saying my myeloid is cute. Although my name is Nowhere Man, not Luke Eameyar"? Bit of an opportunity missed if you didn't.

Mr Banlon

Brian Freeze

Extremely positive thoughts being sent your way.

I had a primary school chum who beat it many years ago, it wasnt easy but well worth it in the end. He got shitloads of sympathy and attention.  Hopefully you enjoy that side of it as much as he did.

Blinder Data

All power to you, Nowhere Man. You can get through this. Listen to the Beach Boys and be well.

Ray Travez

Sorry to hear this Nowhere Man, wishing you wellness :)

hummingofevil

I have personally know three people in real life who have had this and after a shitty few months they have lived their lives as if it never happened (maybe a few retainment meds aside). Also, as a pretty big story in the wrestling world but WWE "superstar" Roman Reigns had it when he was a young college footballer and had a relapse this year and seems to be doing well.

Do what the docs say and hopefully you will look back at this as a hairy time but no big deal. Peace and love. We all rooting for you pal. :) x

Cerys

What I suggest you do is grab that AML firmly by the throat and boot it into the unfathomable tracts of a week on Tuesday.  That's the only language these diseases understand.  And have a huge Welsh hug for good measure, while you're at it.

poo

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

Sorry to see this, my sympathies.

Although I'm sure a man as young and virile as yourself will be back on your feet in no time.

Brundle-Fly

I was thinking, NM. DON'T listen to The Beach Boys or any other music that makes you happy as you might always associate it with this grimbly period. In the fab autobiography, Lost In Music by musician/writer, Giles Smith (ex-Cleaners From Venus, check them out when you recover and Martin Newell), the author is gravely ill for several months. He eschews his favourite music to only listen to the glum The Blue Nile and subsequently didn't spoil Motown, Trojan and old power pop records for himself. He never listened to The Blue Nile again.

Danger Man

Listen to Animal Collective. They sound like a really shit Beach Boys and will have you recovering in no time.

If you play FloriDada loud enough the cancer will probably kill itself.

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on June 28, 2019, 10:38:58 AM
I was thinking, NM. DON'T listen to The Beach Boys or any other music that makes you happy as you might always associate it with this grimbly period. In the fab autobiography, Lost In Music by musician/writer, Giles Smith (ex-Cleaners From Venus, check them out when you recover and Martin Newell), the author is gravely ill for several months. He eschews his favourite music to only listen to the glum The Blue Nile and subsequently didn't spoil Motown, Trojan and old power pop records for himself. He never listened to The Blue Nile again.

A friend of mine had a major heart scare and would agree with this I think - he now refuses to listen to any of the music he listened to in hospital because it brings back such dark times.

Nowhere Man

Bloody hell guys, you're making me fucking blush.

Anyway I'm feeling pretty good after my first proper chemo day. Proper prepared to chin this cancer to fuck honestly. Loving all of the musical suggestions too!