Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:26:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML)

Started by Nowhere Man, June 27, 2019, 11:45:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shiftwork2

I suppose we'll all find out one day but I've known ordinary people find strength in themselves that they never knew or even suspected existed.  And they needed every ounce of it.  Can't help but seem trite on a forum for someone I've never met but I wish you the bloody best my friend.

Buelligan

Very glad to hear your first day went well NM, stay positive you lovely blimmin nowhere person.  XXX

Jakey Chesterton

Danger Man

Quote from: Jakey Chesterton on June 28, 2019, 11:09:31 PM
Best wishes Nowhere Man.

Oh shit. The obituaries guy has turned up.....

Janie Jones

Chances are you'll be fine, Nowhere Man. Lots of good wishes to you, I know we'll all be thinking about you and would appreciate an update when you get a chance. If you want an awkward visit from some bald mentally-ill internet strangers who will stand wordlessly round your hospital bed crying and wanking until you beg us to leave, just let us know.

kalowski

As Neol said, you probably got it because it is a scientific fact that negative energy causes disease and negative thoughts are part of that process. So it's your fault.

Seriously though, this kind of shit does not discriminate, NM, so my thoughts are with you to beat the fucker. Enjoy the bald head like I enjoy mine.

Crabwalk

Pdine

Very sorry to hear this. Make sure you freeze a lot of semen. I've no idea if this is medically necessary, but it will keep you busy.

imitationleather

Quote from: Pdine on June 29, 2019, 06:59:25 PM
Very sorry to hear this. Make sure you freeze a lot of semen. I've no idea if this is medically necessary, but it will keep you busy.

This should go for all of us. Now it's the summer it's a really fun pastime to try out and you learn a lot as well.

Pdine

Quote from: imitationleather on June 29, 2019, 07:00:40 PM
This should go for all of us. Now it's the summer it's a really fun pastime to try out and you learn a lot as well.

Enzo

Jockice

That's shit mate. Fingers crossed for a full recovery.

Don't know how I missed this thread before, but all the best to you Nowhere Man, seriously, and I hope you kick Leukemia's ass. "Love and Mercy to you and your friends tonight."

wosl

Another call here for you to give this thing a big boot in the balls of its bollocks, NM.  Love and positive thoughts to you, man.

Buelligan

Just bumping this to remind you not to store "the" sperm in moulds.  Once frozen, unmould (you can then re-use the moulds) and seal in labeled zip-lock bags. 

Also, we're watching.

And thinking of you.  xxx

Puce Moment

All the best to you fella. Sincerely.

castro diaz

Utter solidarity, Nowhere Man. 

Nowhere Man

Only a few more days until my first round of chemo is done with. Although i've got to be in hospital for about two more weeks as an in-patient before I can go home for a spell. Which is a lot of arseache. Made worse as i'm essentially quarantined in my room until my neutrophil levels are back up to a higher level after the chemo. Thankfully Mrs Nowhere Man has been here to keep me company pretty much every day.

Hasn't been too horrible so far except for this small fever I've developed. Having a a massive fuck off dose of sodium chloride seems to be doing the trick however.

Glebe

Glad to hear the first round is almost done NM, hope the rest of your hospital stay is reasonably tolerable. Lots of good vibes your way, mate.

All the very best with it mate. I'll be cheering you on as you kick off this bastard in the nuts. You're an absolute pure positive influence on this board, a good man. Keep it up, bro. X

kalowski

Quote from: Nowhere Man on July 04, 2019, 08:37:31 PM
Only a few more days until my first round of chemo is done with. Although i've got to be in hospital for about two more weeks as an in-patient before I can go home for a spell. Which is a lot of arseache.
Where did they put the needle!?!

a duncandisorderly

back after my monthly week off & this is the first thread I opened. as above, best wishes & kick the fucker's teeth in.

this is the best, this forum.

mothman

If it's any consolation*, every time I see this thread in the listing I internally sing it to the tune of the chorus of Monty Python's "Medical Love Song."

*Which I know it won't be, of course. Wishing you a full recovery.

Buelligan

So glad your first round's nearly over, my bro's being bombarded with steroids at the mo for the umpteenth time and I know just how great it is when you start moving past quarter way, half way... very encouraging.  Hold fast old darling, you will get through this and leave it behind, a rarely visited memory, one day quite soon.  Hugs.

Lost Oliver

All the best NM. Always love reading your posts and I'm sure that'll continue for a long, long time.

zomgmouse

Oh my god, I've only just seen this. Much love to you. This is no good. You'll blast this out of existence I'm sure.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Nowhere Man on June 28, 2019, 10:02:09 PM
Bloody hell guys, you're making me fucking blush.

Anyway I'm feeling pretty good after my first proper chemo day. Proper prepared to chin this cancer to fuck honestly. Loving all of the musical suggestions too!

Get it rekt mate! I'm really sorry to read that you're going through this, but yeah, get it rekt, you can do it.

Bronzy

Only just saw this, get well soon NM, I bet you smash fuck out of it (you dirty old bollocks)

Galeee

I've only just read this, too. Glad round one went well and all the best for the win.

McChesney Duntz

Good thoughts to you, sir. Beat that bastard.