Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:14:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML)

Started by Nowhere Man, June 27, 2019, 11:45:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brundle-Fly

Ian Drunken Smurf

All the best. Hope you give it a thorough and quick beating.

Nowhere Man

I should probably give you lot an update. I'm currently resting at home, but should be starting my second lot of chemo by the end of next week. I've also had a bone marrow aspiration and they're going to use the results from that to find a donor for a stem cell transplant, hopefully within the next couple of weeks.

Basically I've been told that I need to have the transplant or the cancer is essentially guaranteed to come back after remission. So we'll wait and see how it goes. There's a slight risk of carking it during the transplant but I'm young and relatively healthy otherwise so my chances are greater than a lot of the old codgers that typically get this.

I'm also very much a baldy bastard now!

Gregory Torso

Thanks for the update. Hope everything goes well, Nowhere Man.

Konki

All the best, Man! Keep up the good work. And I'm sure you carry it well and are more of a handsome, rugged baldy like that Jason Statham whereas everyone else on here is more like pathetic weakling baldy Lord Adonis.

Small Man Big Horse

Wishing you all of the best Nowhere Man, and hope you're back to normal as soon as possible.

Mister Six

Lying around in bed, being bald and at risk of being DEAD SOON? You are now CaB royalty. Enjoy it while you can, because I'm sure you'll be up on your feet soon. Best of luck battering the fuck out of leukemia.

Glebe

non capisco

All my best, Nowhere Man. You've probably already heard this but have this banging XTC live medley anyway - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UbPcDVrJ-s

Give it hell, dude!

Ronalado

RONALADO sign a shirt for you. To my greatest fan! BEst wish.

Blue Jam

Do the side effects also include phimosis?

A friend of mine's dad had a stem cell transplant in his seventies, against medical advice due to his advanced age, but got to enjoy a good long happy, sprightly, cancer-free retirement after that.

You are young and springy and should bounce back. Thanks for the update, and all the best to you xxx

Thinking of you recently and glad to hear you're keeping your spirits up. All the best with it and I hope they get you a donor soon. If I need to bump someone off, just give me a shout. X

Blue Jam

Sorry to disappoint you TBC, but being a stem cell donor now just involves being hooked up to a dialysis machine-like thing for a few hours. You don't even need to have your pelvis drilled into anymore.

Now might be a good time to recommend signing up to donate bone marrow stem cells if you can:

https://www.nhsbt.nhs.uk/british-bone-marrow-registry/how-can-i-help/

canadagoose

All the best for your treatment, Nowhere Man.

Ferris

All the best. You'll be alright.

Cerys

Yup.  No carking it for you.  You're stuck with being all alive and stuff.  So nyer.

samadriel

I'm glad you've got Mike Love to serenade you in these difficult times.

Bazooka

Stay strong my man. If you want, I can record you a love song, I don't love you, but can change the lyrics and beat.

Really, all the best.

Nowhere Man

I went in today to start my second round of chemo and the good news is that the doctor went over my recent bone marrow results and am now in remission.

So starting today or tomorrow I'm having a 1 drip chemo for 8 days and then oral chemo for 2 weeks this round, and then hopefully i'll just have the stem cell transplant to deal with. :)

Cuellar

Small Man Big Horse

That's really great to hear good sir.

selectivememory

Good to hear. Hope this next round of treatment isn't too rough on you.

NoSleep

Just stay off of the Paul McCartney; you've learned your lesson.

Absorb the anus burn

kalowski

BlodwynPig

Change your username to Everywhere Man

Brilliant news, absolutely made up for you! All the best with the next steps, fella. We'll be thinking of you.

imitationleather

Ah man, was thinking about this earlier and had been hoping that you'd died. x