Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:00:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Films with honkingly-bad titles

Started by thecuriousorange, June 27, 2019, 04:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

I haven't forgotten what you did last summer

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: non capisco on July 20, 2019, 07:28:32 PM
I remember reading that in some Asian countries 'Wayne's World' was called 'Disregard Them, For They Are Fools!' which is pretty mint.

I really hope that's true, but the only internet references to it seem to be two posts from 2005 and 2010 on CaB!

idunnosomename

Quote from: Bennett Brauer on August 16, 2019, 02:28:28 PM
I really hope that's true, but the only internet references to it seem to be two posts from 2005 and 2010 on CaB!
probably isn't

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105793/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_dt_dt#akas

In Portuguese it seems to be called "The More Idiot The Better" though

I love that in some countries, Die Hard With a Vengeance was given the title Die Hard: Mega Hard.

Monkeyman1138

Ain't Them Bodies Saints has to be the all-time worst for me, maybe it works better in context of the film, but it just drips with awful faux-folkiness.

mothman

Crabwalk

Lucky Number Slevin is still tough to beat. Looks like it has a typo in it.

One Cut of the Dead doesn't make sense and I don't know why they translated it like that. 'One Take of the Dead' would've at least made sense. Even just 'Cut of the Dead' would've been better. Awesome film though.

Honourable mention: Sex Lives of the Potato Peel Pie Men.

purlieu

I haven't seen it, so maybe the film itself has some reasoning, but I fucking hate Inglourious Basterds.

NoSleep

I guess the wonky title goes with the amazingly wonky historically inaccurate representation of WWII. It knows it's wrong.

A Good Day to Die Hard. Even Bruce Willis admitted that was awful and made no sense when he was sent on The One Show "promoting" it.